Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Enterprise Zone ... (D15 and not StarTrek )

Options
  • 20-07-2017 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Seen these signs recently around Blanch / Dublin 15 industrial parks area. Looks nice to know which park you are heading to / from.

But the name,well, my little smart guy mentioned about Star Trek Enterprise ship(s),asking in which sector do they hide them !? :)

422900.jpg

422901.jpg

422902.jpg

422903.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Seems to be a marketing strategy for the area form Damastown to Rosemount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Signs have been up for a while, they left a mound of rubble at the base of a lot of them and last time I checked never came back to remove it.

It's all part of the Fingal development plan for that general area, commercial/industrial area at the doorstep of the airport, it's on their website somewhere.
    AlanG wrote: »
    Seems to be a marketing strategy for the area form Damastown to Rosemount.

It goes as far as the M2.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Again with an aspirational grand title which has no basis in fact and means nothing to either locals or outside investors alike.

a) Its in Fingal, not Dublin City Council area. Dublin Industrial Estate is in Glasnevin for the last 60 odd years.

b) None of the businesses in the area use that nomenclature, they are Ballycoolin or Damastown or Horizon or Rosemount or Dublin Airport logistics business parks etc. 'Damastown Sector!' gimme a break.

c) It reminds me of the Phoenix Park Railway Station, a compete misnomer which was eventually changed to Navan Road Parkway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Signs have been up for a while, they left a mound of rubble at the base of a lot of them and last time I checked never came back to remove it.

It's all part of the Fingal development plan for that general area, commercial/industrial area at the doorstep of the airport, it's on their website somewhere.

It goes as far as the M2.

Been again today around "the Zone".
    What i can say is that lots of empty space,plenty of potential there, that will be used as commercial warehouse / data centres in the near future.
    Dual lanes roads,good linkage with near-by main transport hubs,on-site big electrical station.

I'll say,when look back today after 5-10 years that the investment or the strategy with the name might have paid off.

Advertisement