Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on FOX 25: Weidman vs. Gastelum

Options

Comments

I think the judges have been right with the past two winners but the score cards were ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

mailburner wrote: »
    He's lost to lads he couldn't take down like weidman, silva, rory and if he's forced to stand with woodley he won't be winning also imo

I can't remember the last time woodley was taken down either and his whole gameplan will revolve around not being taken down so it'll be one hell of a borefest.
    I predict maia will do well to get woodley down more than once.
    I do hope you are right and and I am wrong however

It still amazes me to this day that jake managed to beat both of these.

True but you're judging the old Maia who used to stand and strike way more and try time his shots off of punches.

That Maia is long gone. The Maia 2.0 version will just shoot for a single-leg, shove him up against the fence and drag him down then begin his usual route to get to the back.

Anyway we shall see. I'm a bit of a sucker for wanting nice guys to do well, so I'm hoping Maia and DC get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Maia winning the belt would be one of my favourite moments of 2017 if it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I love Maia. He's probably my favorite fighters in the UFC right now.

That said I really don't see how he's going to get an NCAA division 1 all American wrestler who's takedown defense is second to none down with his usual single shot from distance. I see Woodley stuffing everything unless Maia can get a double against the cage or a trip or throw from the clinch which I think is also unlikely.

I want Maia to win but I think Woodley will stuff the takedowns early and break him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

That said I really don't see how he's going to get an NCAA division 1 all American wrestler who's takedown defense is second to none down with his usual single shot from distance. I see Woodley stuffing everything unless Maia can get a double against the cage or a trip or throw from the clinch which I think is also unlikely.

I want Maia to win but I think Woodley will stuff the takedowns early and break him.

that's how I'm seeing it also, wondering If I was the only one here :)
    You just said it better

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He took down Chael with ease with a serious lateral drop If I remember correctly BELIEVE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Patrick Cummins fought Indiana Jones before I believe?

10+Raiders.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got odds of 4/5 during that round for this to go the distance, absolutely lumped on it. Don't see it being finished by either man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Villante think's hes winning this easily.....took his corner to wake him the f*ck up.

Gamebred wrote: »
    He took down Chael with ease with a serious lateral drop If I remember correctly BELIEVE.

i-want-to-believe-x-files-poster.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Villantes coach was right it was his to give away and I think he achieved that...unless the judges...

2 boys there wont remember their names by 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

dat cumface :P

Cummins takes that for me

fair play to cummins he won it standing which I didn't think was possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Villante is a jabroni

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Not sure why villante is so shocked he lost that.

Rockhold back in September but who the fook is David Branch?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rockhold vs. Branch announced, really looking forward to seeing Branch contend with whovever will replace Luke in this one.

mailburner wrote: »
    fair play to cummins he won it standing which I didn't think was possible

He just got the head pucked off him. His striking seems horrendous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

qwabercd wrote: »
    Not sure why villante is so shocked he lost that.

When the first judge result was called you could see him think "Oh no, I done fcked up"

Branch is absolute muck main eventing a ufc desperate times for them.

Rockhold back in September but who the fook is David Branch?

Posted this in general thread other week...
    Dave Branch #8 holds the longest win streak in the division, only 1 fought once in the UFC a split decision win, all the fighters ahead of him are all coming off losses apart from Brunson and obviously Bobby Knuckles. Nothing stopped Nick Diaz or Miesha Tate getting title shots after losses, Vitor could get the title shot at this rate!!

Gamebred wrote: »
    Branch is absolute muck main eventing a ufc desperate times for them.

Didn't look up to much by his last fight, Rockhold should be scraping with Yoel or another bout with Jacare who he was originally scheduled to fight in Oz.

What's the craic with rockhold? His head doesn't seem to be in the game at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Bermudez is the most vulnerable featherweight I've ever seen in Round 1. After that he's grand.

Posted this in general thread other week...

I know who he is but he has no business getting a fight against a top 5 ranked guy.

D.Q wrote: »
    What's the craic with rockhold? His head doesn't seem to be in the game at all.

He had knee surgery and an 8 month rehabilitation. Only started live sparring again a few months ago.

I know who he is but he has no business getting a fight against a top 5 ranked guy.

all unavailable but the looks of it tho I thought maybe souza, gegard would have been an obvious one
    bisping will be 50 by the time luke gets that rematch

• Advertisement

Hmm but the main event tonight is pretty much that if you are taking rankings seriously

Advertisement