Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Offer Good deal or Not?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

da6xsi wrote: »
    any normal person givin a **** that a 3 year old 300 euro product needs replacing people spend much more money on phones/tvs etc on regular basis so who cares if you cant keep the PW system at end.

who do you work for so? and why are they better?

You seem to be taking this very personally, that is the first time in this forum that i have seen a rude / offensive word starred out.

Most normal people will check out what they are getting into before they spend money or indeed enter in a contract.

Intruder alarm systems should last at least 10 years, i have systems out there that are still going after 20 years, so why change one out after 3 years?

I work for me and I am not vertically challenged either.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

da6xsi wrote: »
    I spoke to a rep and viewed a contract its only for 12 months so why you telling us all its for 3 years thats very misleading

Their rep told my elderly parents all manner of things when pressurising them into signing up, to call what they told my parents as misleading would be very, very generous! It took threats of legal action exposing this misinformation for them to come and remove their system (one that was significantly inferior to an older system my parents already had in place).

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

So is this true, I was told 12 month contract, that was it, with no auto-renew, and you get to keep the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

just contact phonewatch by email and get the details in writing, i'm sure they have all sorts of different deals, the one i was talking about was for people who had old phonewatch systems and phonewatch were replacing the old system with a new one free of charge provided you signed up to a 36 month contract. read back through the posts and you will see that the system is pretty useless unless you are signed up to a monitoring contract.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

ellobee wrote: »
    just contact phonewatch by email and get the details in writing, i'm sure they have all sorts of different deals, the one i was talking about was for people who had old phonewatch systems and phonewatch were replacing the old system with a new one free of charge provided you signed up to a 36 month contract. read back through the posts and you will see that the system is pretty useless unless you are signed up to a monitoring contract.

You are also probably not getting your perimeter protection devices replaced.
    Contract length is irrelevant as you can not go anywhere else with it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

stamjoe wrote: »
    So is this true, I was told 12 month contract, that was it, with no auto-renew, and you get to keep the device.

Just rang them, they aplogised for misinformation and are cancelling, wouldn't of thought the rep would of lied that much to my face. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

KoolKid wrote: »
    The system can't be set when you are in the house

I never knew this was the case , so if your in the house you cant disarm the motion sensors and just the front and back door alarmed ?

Im presuming they put sensors on the doors .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sensor on the front door. You can add sensors to other doors and windows, but as it's a rental agreement the monthly subscriptions go up also.
    Its minimal protection at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I never knew this was the case , so if your in the house you cant disarm the motion sensors and just the front and back door alarmed ?

Im presuming they put sensors on the doors .

You cant arm the system and walk around but there is a night setting available.
    So in areas you dont go into at night the PIRs are off.
    You can also add shock sensors to that system and have the PIRs off in partset if thats what you want..

Advertisement