Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Dublin City Apartments a reliable estates company

Options
  • 21-07-2017 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,
    I am an international student finding an apartment in Dublin. These days, I met many scams and finally I found the estates company Dublin City Apartments which seems reliable.
    However T T
    When I would like to view the apartment, I found this company using same photos for different apartments on daft.
    So I'd like to ask anyone knows something about this company? Is this estates company reliable? Or it is a fraudster?
    Are there ways to figure out these estates companies reliable or not?

Thank you TT TT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,413 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They seem to obscure their address, which they state as "168 Granby Place, Dublin 1" - no such address exists.

However, there is "168 Ivy Exchange, Granby Place, Dublin 1", which seems to be an apartment.

https://www.iedr.ie/whois-result/?whois=dublincityapartments
    You can see your whois result below:

% Rights restricted by copyright; http://iedr.ie/index.php/mnudomregs/mnudnssearch/96
    % Do not remove this notice

domain: dublincityapartments.ie
    descr: JONATHAN DRAKE, BEN DEANE, MALCOLM DRAKE
    descr: Unincorporated Association
    descr: Registered Business Name
    admin-c: AQK692-IEDR
    tech-c: AAM456-IEDR
    renewal: 17-January-2022
    holder-type: Billable
    locked: NO
    ren-status: Active
    in-zone: 1
    nserver: ns1.webhostingireland.ie
    nserver: ns2.webhostingireland.ie
    nserver: ns3.webhostingireland.ie
    source: IEDR

person: Ben Deane
    nic-hdl: AQK692-IEDR

person: Blacknight.ie Hostmaster
    nic-hdl: AAM456-IEDR

https://search.cro.ie/company/CompanyDetails.aspx?id=511827&type=B
    Type Business name - Body Corporate
    Number 511827
    Name DUBLIN CITY APARTMENTS
    Address 168 GRANBY LANE
    DUBLIN 1

Registered 21/02/2014
    Status Normal

Effective Date 21/02/2014
    Client comments
    We are always interested in your feedback to help us improve the service we offer. Follow the link below to read what previous guests have said or to simply add your own comments.
    Ivy apartments
    Lovely 2 bedroom apartment. First time I have had to catch 2 separate lifts to get to my accommodation! Very affordable.
    Kaye
    Mature couple
    BALLYCLARE, United Kingdom, December 18, 2009
    It's rather interesting that the first piece of feedback on their front page is 8 years old and 5 years before the business name was registered.

Conclusion: uncertain. It could be a decent business that is poor at looking after the details or they are dodgy and went to a lot of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Victor wrote: »
    It's rather interesting that the first piece of feedback on their front page is 8 years old and 5 years before the business name was registered.

Albeit after the domain was registered

Same photos for multiple apartments when they have similar layout and kitout is normal.

Neither of these are guarantees they're genuine though.

Advertisement