Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

B5 Passat door lock issue

• 21-07-2017 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I have a B5 passat that's currently in the garage for 2 siezed door locks and another which doesn't respond to the key fob.

We've been contacted by the garage twice in 2 days, both telling us that the new locks are siezed too, we've given them 2 new, different sets of locks at this point...

I honestly don't know what the issue even is though, is it the locks on the car? is it the CCM?

I'm starting to think it's the CCM as the locks started dying intermittently before they completely clapped out, the back driver's door is deadlocked, the front passenger door is deadlocked and the back passenger door is not responding to the key fob. Oh, and the automatic boot release died too, the actual motor that lifts the boot doesn't work anymore...

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes, it's more likely that something else is wrong than the locks are "seized".

Perhaps an auto electrician can sort it by checking the wires and work back to the control unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DylanC431

biko wrote: »
    Yes, it's more likely that something else is wrong than the locks are "seized".

Perhaps an auto electrician can sort it by checking the wires and work back to the control unit.

I meant to correct my spelling, my bad.

Do you think it'd be worth just getting a new CCM just to see?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not yet, start by checking if the locks can operate when power is applied to the wires leading to the locks. I take it they work when you use the key?
    An auto electrician should know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DylanC431

biko wrote: »
    Not yet, start by checking if the locks can operate when power is applied to the wires leading to the locks. I take it they work when you use the key?
    An auto electrician should know what to do.

Right, so after going through all that we got a new set of locks in and I'm happy to say they work!

But the mechanic was a slight dumbass: He disconnected the battery while the ignition was on, which blew the 20A fuse for the radio, I'm now trying to find what fuse number the radio is, The joys!

Advertisement