Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utility Costs - new business

Options
  • 21-07-2017 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Looking for recommendations on the cheapest providers for utilities (Electricity and Phone/Broadband) for a new retail premises. (Limited Company not a Sole Trader if that makes any difference!)

Electric Ireland looking for a €600 deposit on opening the account and waiting to hear back from Bord Gais on what their deposit terms are.

If anyone has any recent experience as a new business owner, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Apologies if there is a similar thread, I may have missed it when I did a quick search.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

Surely there is no deposit if you are going direct debit, which usually gives you the best rates too

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eve 09

Thanks for your reply.

The €600 quoted by Electric Ireland is with going Direct Debit.

I already have 4 domestic accounts in my name on Direct Debit with Electric Ireland but it makes no difference. As far as they are concerned - it's a new business with no history of ability to repay. They will hold the €600 for 14 months at which time it will be returned to my account!!

Hopefully, will get it sorted today through ringing around all the other providers. Some have no deposit requirement - but I don't know if this means higher running costs.

Advertisement