Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can not believe the dirt that people are showing rental houses in

• 21-07-2017 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

I can not believe the dirt of rental houses. I seen one today, let my a real estate agent and one last week by private LL. There is no effort made at all. It's beyond ridiculous. People are saying "it's. Bad time for renting and we just have to suck it up" but I'm finding that very hard to do. It's bloody an awful situation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

I can not believe the dirt of rental houses. I seen one today, let my a real estate agent and one last week by private LL. There is no effort made at all. It's beyond ridiculous. People are saying "it's. Bad time for renting and we just have to suck it up" but I'm finding that very hard to do. It's bloody an awful situation.

Especially since the landlord probably deducted money from the last tenants security deposit for a cleaning fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Especially since the landlord probably deducted money from the last tenants security deposit for a cleaning fee.

I doubt the last tenants got the deposit back. I've never seen the likes of the dirt and damage to any property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

While you go on internet complaining, i can't believe the state they show these houses in, somebody else sees through the grime and swoops in and gets the rental. in a day or two the house is sparkling and they have roof over their head. you have a complaint thread and no roof over your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When there's low supply no effort is needed, plenty of takers.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

sKeith wrote: »
    While you go on internet complaining, i can't believe the state they show these houses in, somebody else sees through the grime and swoops in and gets the rental. in a day or two the house is sparkling and they have roof over their head. you have a complaint thread and no roof over your head.

Maybe that's one way of looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Have not the best house myself
    last renovation somewhere around the 80`s single glass no isulation exept for the attic space a fire place with back boiler
    a dated bathroom old carpets furniture from the last century
    Couple of months ago got a new kitchen from landlord but had to build it in myself
    Painted the house myself and got the paint from the landlord
    Accepted it why???
    Simple its cheap 75 euro a week live there with two dogs and got the fuel for free
    house is totally not up to standard but I'm happy with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Expecting people to decide to rent a dump that the landlord can't be bothered cleaning is not reasonable. A landlord who can't arrange the house to be clean for viewings is clearly not going to give to a toss about any other things like, oh, tenants rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

Except the kind of tenant who is happy to rent a dirty place is more likely to be dirty themselves and not clean it, and a clean tenant is more likely to be turned off by a dirty place, and rent elsewhere, if they are experienced renters they know the condition of an empty flat at the showing speaks volumes about the landlord's reliability and attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

When there's low supply no effort is needed, plenty of takers.
    And when there are rent caps in place it doesn't matter if your place has sparkling gold taps...it still commands less than the kip next door so why would the LL put one penny into cleaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

murphaph wrote: »
    And when there are rent caps in place it doesn't matter if your place has sparkling gold taps...it still commands less than the kip next door so why would the LL put one penny into cleaning.

While I don't agree with this, I fully agree with it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Except the kind of tenant who is happy to rent a dirty place is more likely to be dirty themselves and not clean it, and a clean tenant is more likely to be turned off by a dirty place, and rent elsewhere, if they are experienced renters they know the condition of an empty flat at the showing speaks volumes about the landlord's reliability and attitude.

Tbh ive rented 2 places that were left filthy by the previous tenants, both places i got a reduction on tje 1st months rent to clean them. Seeing as id never move in anywhere without cleaning first it wasnt a big deall to me. Hey 95%of the time its nothing that a few buckets of water, bleach etc and elbow grease wont retify.

We're not dirty ppl by the way but its getting harder to find decent rentals at reasonable prices.

Also both rentals when there have been issues have been very fast in retifying issues.

Advertisement