Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite worm setup for salmon

• 21-07-2017 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

I have been experimenting this year with different worm setups just curious on how people fish the worm especially on slow deep runs or fast runs

I had a couple fish using a running lead above a swivel and about a 2 ft leader below the swivel . I would change the weight depending on the flow

I never used a bouncing betty strangely enough and I missed one fish spinning the worm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Inchilad

popsy09 wrote:
    I had a couple fish using a running lead above a swivel and about a 2 ft leader below the swivel . I would change the weight depending on the flow

Would fish the worm like that but with shorter leader when water levels are dropping.ie today!(no fish tho!).would use float and worm when water levels are low.got nice fish monday like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Inchilad wrote: »
    Would fish the worm like that but with shorter leader when water levels are dropping.ie today!(no fish tho!).would use float and worm when water levels are low.got nice fish monday like this.

I am out myself in the morning conditions should be good for worm it's dropping but will still have colour so worm and spinning should hopefully do the trick

I find though the running lead moves through the pool fast enough so I'm going to try the bouncing betty tmw it should stay where I want it to stay for longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Inchilad

popsy09 wrote:
    I am out myself in the morning conditions should be good for worm it's dropping but will still have colour so worm and spinning should hopefully do the trick

Any fish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Got one and lost one small fresh fish

Advertisement