Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suspension component/ chassis paint

Options
  • 21-07-2017 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I am looking to purchase some black chassis paint to paint some suspension components.

Years ago I used Hammerite and it gave a reasonably good result but having used modern hammertite a few months back I found it just isn't the same stuff, they have obviously removed an important ingredient :mad:

I am looking at POR15 as a paint on product or Eastwoods spray on product. I like the idea of spraying with eastwood to avoid brush marks etc and just wondering if anyone here has experience of either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irshmerc

PORS 15 is a good product, i usually hammerite over the top of it.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MobileAudio

Yes I have read a lot of good things about POR 15. The fact I can spray on the Eastwood stuff is stalling me....still not sure which to go with.

Going to avoid the hammerite though, just doesn't seem to be made like the old stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

I have used this

https://millersoilsireland.ie/epoxy-mastic-chassis-paint/

and found it very good. It is prone to brush marks but comes with thinners for spraying. I just dabbed it with the brush afterwards which gave a stippled finish not unlike hammerite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Bilt hamber's range is unbeatable for rust protection imo. They are also the easiest to use.

Something like bilt hamber dynax ub or uc would do the job perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I've used Tetrosyl Chassis Black on my Spitfire chassis and suspension components. Done almost 3k miles on it since late last year and its holding up very well. Its tough stuff and has resisted petrol and celly thinners so far, can be sprayed on easily when thinned a little and give a nice glossy finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MobileAudio

Thank you for all the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Thank you for all the suggestions.

What did you go for in the end?

Advertisement