Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London - Edinburgh - London 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

py wrote: »
    Sorry, was basing that from the ACP rules. Interesting to see that you just have to hit the controls in order for the LEL.

Audax Ireland run events under ACP rules also, which I seem to have ignored when doing same permanent 5 times in 2015; they'll have to take the RTTY off me!

I thought you just had to hit controls on an Irish event but seemingly not.

Some person more acquainted than me with rules might clarify shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Permanents do not count towards any ACP- validated award - e.g. Super Randonneur - nor can they be used for qualification. So, given that, there is no requirement to follow APC rules AFAIK.

In fact under AUK rules, there are several Permanents that don't have a route, only controls and there are also "DIY Permanents" where you can create your own route. The only requirements are to hit the nominated controls and make the distance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

py wrote: »
    Fixed route with controls along the way where your brevet stamped (see picture in post above). There's a bit of honesty in how you do the route. Given it's not a race as such, you'd only be fooling yourself if you don't do the route provided.

Details of the LEL route > https://londonedinburghlondon.com/route
    ford2600 wrote: »
    Incorrect

"The route we provide is optional. You are free to use any route you choose as long as you visit the control points in the right order"

You just have to hit the controls within the specified time limits.

The French do it a little different
    "Riders must stay on the official route. Please be aware that the insurance cover will be invalid if you deviate from the official route"

Just to be clear, not doing the route typically equates to doing a longer event as the controls are generally designed with the idea the idea that the route will aim to have the shortest route between controls being the official one. There are also secret controls on some routes, so taking a shortcut can in effect mean you miss a control, PBP usually has two or three of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

The situation in England is getting to the control. In Ireland/France its sticking to the appointed route and getting to the controls.
    In England people choose a longer but flatter route to controls. I experienced this in Scotland when a tandem I passed before a very hilly bit was in the next control before me. Tandems don't climb well but given a flat road and they can steam along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Good luck NP! I'm following your progress on the tracker. I see you're still slightly ahead of pace, and less than 200k to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

A lot of Irish riders are in , more to come. Well done !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

The tracking page shows NP home, and with twenty minutes in hand :-) that's some achievement. Congratulations, and nicely judged!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I'm here, in time and in good order. I'll write up some sort of ride report when I've had some sleep.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Huge congrats and looking fresh as a daisy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

Congrats, fantastic achievement. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

I'm here, in time and in good order. I'll write up some sort of ride report when I've had some sleep.

Savage! Well done. My mind. It boggles :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Looks horrific, well done!

Advertisement