Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Multichannel Mixer for Home Studio

Options
  • 21-07-2017 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys, just wanted some peoples' opinions on what mixer I should get for my home studio.
    I have a few requirements:
    1. It needs to have at least 5 xlr channels.
    2. Pro tools needs to recognize more than just two of the channels, as is the case with many mixers.
    3. It obviously needs to be USB

I don't really want to spend a ton of cash as I'm not really planning for it to be a permanent thing, just something to gain a bit of a following for myself and my band.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    JSquiggle

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's very unlikely you'll get a mixer that'll do what you're looking for. You can get a USB interface, that'll handle multiple inputs at the same time. This however all depends on your budget.

the following list should giving you a starting point to reference from:

https://www.thomann.de/ie/usb_audio_interfaces.html

Advertisement