Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World's 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    WHile the UCI (who's race this is...) are broadcasting the races line on their Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/ucichannel/

...except, it seems, for todays two TTT events

However, there is a feed for the TTTs from the UCIs own website, http://www.uci.ch/road/news/article/live-183860/?utm_content=bufferfa904&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

But it is geo-blocked !

Everywhere I look is Geo restriced

My ES is not working so cannot see these races

UCI are beyond bad...same last year

Why cant they let everyone see these races for free....its not liek people are lined up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Was the Sunweb time exceptionally good, or did Canyon SRAM fall away really badly? Will be a big finish anyway!

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Everywhere I look is Geo restriced

My ES is not working so cannot see these races

UCI are beyond bad...same last year

Why cant they let everyone see these races for free....its not liek people are lined up

I was about to post saying my eurosport was working fine and it goes and poops itself :(

Telling me it's not available in my country. It was fine all morning up to now

EDIT: Killing the app and restarting it fixed my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

If the UCI are geo-blocking the Youtube coverage (why, FFS?) then the following may be worth remembering for the Elite Men/Womens races:

BBC Red Button Tuesday, September 19, 2017 14:50 16:15 Live - Women Elite Individual Time Trial
    BBC Red Button Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:00 16:45 Live - Men Elite Individual Time Trial
    BBC 2 Wednesday, September 20, 2017 14:30 16:45 Live - Men Elite Individual Time Trial
    BBC Red Button Saturday, September 23, 2017 12:35 14:30 Live 1/3 - Women Elite Road Race
    BBC1 Saturday, September 23, 2017 14:00 16:00 Live 2/3 - Women Elite Road Race
    BBC 2 Saturday, September 23, 2017 16:00 17:30 Live 3/3 - Women Elite Road Race
    BBC Red Button Sunday, September 24, 2017 9:05 14:00 Live 1/2 - Men Elite Road Race
    BBC 2 Sunday, September 24, 2017 13:00 16:30 Live 2/2 - Men Elite Road Race

Failing that, and if you want to catch the non-Elite level races, Eurosport/streams are providing coverage as follows:

EUROSPORT 1 Sunday, September 17, 2017 12:00 14:00 Live - Women's Team Time Trial
    EUROSPORT 1 Sunday, September 17, 2017 15:30 17:30 Live - Men's Team Time Trial
    EUROSPORT 1 Monday, September 18, 2017 13:35 18:00 Live - Men Under 23 Individual Time Trial
    EUROSPORT 1 Tuesday, September 19, 2017 11:30 13:30 Live - Men Junior Individual Time Trial
    EUROSPORT 2 Tuesday, September 19, 2017 15:00 16:30 Live - Women Elite Individual Time Trial
    EUROSPORT 1 Tuesday, September 19, 2017 21:30 22:25 Replay - Women Elite Individual Time Trial
    EUROSPORT 1 Wednesday, September 20, 2017 13:00 18:00 Live - Men Elite Individual Time Trial
    EUROSPORT 2 Friday, September 22, 2017 10:00 11:30 Live 1/2 - Women Junior Road Race
    EUROSPORT 1 Friday, September 22, 2017 11:30 12:45 Live 2/2 - Women Junior Road Race
    EUROSPORT 2 Friday, September 22, 2017 14:00 18:00 Live - Men Under 23 Road Race
    EUROSPORT 1 Friday, September 22, 2017 21:30 22:55 Replay - Men Under 23 Road Race
    EUROSPORT 2 Saturday, September 23, 2017 09:00 11:30 Live 1/2 - Men Junior Road Race
    EUROSPORT 1 Saturday, September 23, 2017 11:30 12:55 Live 2/2 - Men Junior Road Race
    EUROSPORT 2 Saturday, September 23, 2017 15:00 17:45 Live - Women Elite Road Race
    EUROSPORT 1 Saturday, September 23, 2017 21:00 22:40 Replay - Women Elite Road Race
    EUROSPORT 1 Sunday, September 24, 2017 10:00 17:15 Live - Men Elite Road Race

it's -1 hour on the Eurosport times for us I think.

• Advertisement

My TV box is broken so cannot get ES and TTT not on BBC

Plus geo restriced for UCI website

Ah well found a stream now...forced into it

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

MPFGLB wrote: »
    My TV box is broken so cannot get ES and TTT not on BBC

Plus geo restriced for UCI website

Ah well found a stream now...forced into it
    At least you'll be spared Carlton's Froome love which has started already before the Sky  guys have even gotten on the warmup bikes! :)

The Quickstep team looks mega for this TTT.

Sky falling apart a little. Down to 4, and behind Sunweb with 11.5 to go.

Just for the fun of it, Sunweb to do the double :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Women's TTT = Sunweb

Men's TTT = Sunweb?

Still possible.

This BMC finish is nailbiting. Sunweb or BMC to win it?

Sunweb double happens! Wow!

Great result for Sunweb, love to see Tom do the business on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Junior Women's TT and U23 Men's TT are on today.

There are 57 starters in the U23 Men's TT, with the first rider off at 13:05 and the last at 16:37. Michael O'Loughlin starts at 15:47 (all local times).

Full start list is here.

Live coverage of the junior women's TT on Eurosport2 at 10am, and the U23 men's TT at 12:30pm again on Eurosport2.
    428168.jpg

O'Loughlin is 37th out of 47 riders at the 2nd time check.
    Another 9 riders to pass through.

O'Loughlin has finished and currently sits 46th out of 48 riders with another 8 to go.

That was nasty for the american rider. Looked like the chain came off and jammed in the mech and over the bars he went.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Michelin

Apparently O'Loughlin had mechanicals on both of his TT bikes. Stuck in the big ring on the first bike (electronic) and seatpin dropping on the spare bike. Mechanical's happen no one is perfect but to have two bikes incapable of getting him around adequately at a worlds is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Was wondering what was going on!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Michelin wrote: »
    Apparently O'Loughlin had mechanicals on both of his TT bikes. Stuck in the big ring on the first bike (electronic) and seatpin dropping on the spare bike. Mechanical's happen no one is perfect but to have two bikes incapable of getting him around adequately at a worlds is not good.

His seat dropped twice according to StickyBottle

I didn't get a look at him starting or on course, what did they send him out in skin suit wise? There seemed to be a bit if a gap between many of the riders in terms of gear in use that I saw. Even Kirby spotted a ceramic chain at one point :D

Given the costs involved and the level these lads are at is there a case to be made for levelling the playing field gear wise at junior and U23? That said gear didn't gain the winner a minute on most of the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Michelin wrote: »

Didn't same thing happen in Richmond? He was stuck in small ring

Today is the turn of the Junior Men's TT and Elite Women's TT.

There are 78 starters in the Junior Men's TT, with the first rider off at 11:35 and the last at 13:30. Ben Walsh starts at 12:11 and Xenon Young at 13:17 (all local times).

Full start list is here.

There are 54 starters in the Elite Women's TT, with the first rider off at 15:35 and the last at 16:54. Elieen Burns starts at 16:08 (again, all local times).

Full start list is here.

Live coverage of the Junior Men's TT on Eurosport1 at 10:30, and the Elite Women's TT at 14:30 on Eurosport2 (Irish time).

Live timing is available on the UCI website.

428168.jpg

They are allowing bike changes for the ITT?? :confused: As in TT to road for the climb. Raised an eyebrow with me I have to say.

Tony Martin isn't a happy chappy http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tony-martin-angry-about-uphill-finish-to-time-trial-world-championships/

The final climb for the Elite mens ITT is brutal ...you'd need a road bike to climb it

(see Nicolas Roche's instagram)

I expect Tony Martin was not happy when he saw it as is reduces his chances I'd say

I have no problem with changing bikes....just dont want to see mechanics pushing riders up the hill

The Men's Elite TT course, and profile of that beast...

bergen2017-5-ittmenelite-v6.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

They are allowing bike changes for the ITT?? :confused: As in TT to road for the climb. Raised an eyebrow with me I have to say.

Tony Martin isn't a happy chappy http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tony-martin-angry-about-uphill-finish-to-time-trial-world-championships/

A stupid rule. Either start on the road bike, or not.

Mullen was probably well aware of that finish too and knew it didn't suit him.

Anything to be said for a separate hill climbing TT?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Personally I agree with Tony Martin. I think that's far too atypical in terms of parcours for a worlds tt.
    Also TTs are already selective enough in terms of who's expected to compete without reducing the likely lads down even more. It's not as if the guys really good in the mountains haven't had enough days to shine during the rest of the year. That the greatest tt'ist of his era, Tony Martin, is probably excluded from having a real chance is wrong imo, & the very fact that riders will be switching bikes in itself shows its not a well-rounded course - a course on which you should get around on the one bike!

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    A stupid rule. Either start on the road bike, or not.

Mullen was probably well aware of that finish too and knew it didn't suit him.

Anything to be said for a separate hill climbing TT?

I don't really have an option on it either way for the moment until I see how it unfolds but a separate TT like you suggest would be something I'd watch.

Just kind of surprised me they are allowing it in that they give the go ahead for a difficult coarse and then allow the bike change to make it easier.

I've seen TT's this year where everyone started on road bikes, tour of california I think it was? Can't recall now if that was due to the coarse or an effort to keep costs down for teams.

Advertisement