Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World's 2017

Options

Comments

Funny from Brian Smith saying "Typical Belgian" when one used the carpet to ride on and not for a bike change :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Wow, the crowds on the climb are class!!

Wow they are literally being roared up the climb there. Fantastic stuff to see.

I'll admit that I had never heard of Laurens De Plus before this race.

http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?id=170003

Some difference between Bergen and Doha last year

• Advertisement

EBH seemingly going with normal road bike with clip-on bars for the ITT according to Brian Smith

They've done a great job of marshalling and cordoning on the climb, no runners and road kept relatively wide so riders have as much room as possible.

I think Bergen can be added to the bucket list of places I'd like to visit because it looked great during a cycling race!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'll admit that I had never heard of Laurens De Plus before this race.

http://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?id=170003

Well his name is definitely a plus.

Sorry, I'm just looking to add to the conversation :o

Well his name is definitely a plus.

You should ban yourself for that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I dont think there are TV feeds before 2pm??
    Anyway, live timing at http://www.uci.ch/road/uciroadworldchampionships/bergen/livetimingbytissot/

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I dont think there are TV feeds before 2pm??
    Anyway, live timing at http://www.uci.ch/road/uciroadworldchampionships/bergen/livetimingbytissot/

Eurosport 2 is live with it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I am expecting Dumoulin to win this easily. Froome, Dennis, Bodnar, Kelderman and Kwiatkowski should contend for the medals. Amazing that Martin is unlikely for a medal, shows how much he has regressed.

Nico is in good form. That said anything in the top 15 is a good result in this company.

D9Male wrote: »
    I am expecting Dumoulin to win this easily. Froome, Dennis, Bodnar, Kelderman and Kwiatkowski should contend for the medals. Amazing that Martin is unlikely for a medal, shows how much he has regressed.

Nico is in good form. That said anything in the top 15 is a good result in this company.

Kwiatkowski isn't riding!
    (unless you've been talking to Lusk Doyle)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

D9Male wrote: »

What is Nico's best result in the TT previously? Didn't he get a good top 15 spot a couple of years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

check_six wrote: »
    What is Nico's best result in the TT previously? Didn't he get a good top 15 spot a couple of years ago?

13th in 2013

Carlton Kirby praises the crowd for paying attention to the rider passing by - while himself is paying no attention whatsoever. He's so obsessed with crowd behaviour, does my head in.

Given the course, and if he is in good form... maybe he could get top-15? Or top-12?

Nico is next to leave the start gate, but it won't be until 15:05 Irish time

Live coverage is on BBC2 now for anyone sick of Carlton

• Advertisement

Live coverage is on BBC2 now for anyone sick of Carlton

Was about to mention the same :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

you can see the devastation of the final climb. Yves Lampaert led at every check point and had 26 seconds until he hit the hill and dropped to 5th almost a minute down.

the Stage 18 Tour TT from last year springs to mind - Dumoulin up at every point bar the last 100 metres of the climb before Froome took the honours.

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    you can see the devastation of the final climb. Yves Lampaert led at every check point and had 26 seconds until he hit the hill and dropped to 5th almost a minute down.

the Stage 18 Tour TT from last year springs to mind - Dumoulin up at every point bar the last 100 metres of the climb before Froome took the honours.

Will be interesting to see how Kelderman gets on. He's not too far away from the climb now

Nico just started

Eddie Boss stuck to his guns , and went out on a road bike with tri bars. Be interesting to see how he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

OH Kirby , kirby , kirby...people getting vitamin D ...ha ha statues !!

Hamish Bond... multiple Olympic and World Championship winner in rowing! Jaysus!

Nico was 15.3 seconds behind fastest time at first time check

Kiriyienka looks very relaxed there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Kwiatkowski isn't riding!
    (unless you've been talking to Lusk Doyle)

I meant Kyrienka rather than Kwiatkowski. Sorry.

Great ride so far from Moscon. Interesting to see if he can keep it up.

Good ride so far from Roche. A top 15 here would be a great result. The field is way deeper than it was in 2013.

Advertisement