Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof Tiles

• 21-07-2017 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I'm hoping someone can help me. With the heavy rain last night a load or water came through my bathroom ceiling. I have two tiles that need to be replaced on the roof asap. The tiles are over 30 years old and have been told are very hard to find. Would anyone know where I might be able to get them. Im badly stuck.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭kevinkmb36

there is a place out in portroe outside ballina, that have every kind of slate or tile.. if you could get one of the old tiles you have and bring it with you, they will know which one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

If you're badly stuck, you could try repairing the damaged tiles with lead, cover the full file with one piece of lead and mould it into the shape of the tile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

kevinkmb36 wrote: »
    there is a place out in portroe outside ballina, that have every kind of slate or tile.. if you could get one of the old tiles you have and bring it with you, they will know which one...

http://www.killoranslate.ie/
    I had to get a dozen tiles after the big storm (6 years ago ?) and these guys had exactly what I needed. They have thousands of Tiles and slates which were removed from Roofs from the last 40 years or so.
    If you can't bring them a full Tile from your existing Roof try and get decent measurements and photographs of what you require and they should be able to help you. The manufacturer's name is often on the underside of the Tile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Many thanks for all the help. It much appreciated.Lots of really good suggestions. Will let ye know how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭joejobrien

HI
    If there still in place and not in broken into pieces , you can apply a liquid system onto them , which bonds to surface. It is also flexible allowing movement.
    It is 100% waterproof.
    Pm for details if required

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Same thing happened to me last year.

If the tiles are the normal Double Roman tiles
    https://www.goodwins.ie/double-roman-roof-tiles/c-591.html

You can buy them in Mcmahons on the dock road.

Advertisement