Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denied a B2, can I still use my ESTA?

Options
  • 22-07-2017 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

So I'm a young person and therefore don't have solid enough links to Ireland and got turned down and my heart broken.

I got an ETSA earlier this year, can I still use it?

So much love for any repliers, I read different things everywhere and that what the official site says doesn't hold true for personal accounts. Confusion and kerfuffle here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Your circumstances have changed so you have to re-apply for ESTA. Answer the questions honestly, especially about previous visa refusals. You may still be approved.

Why did you apply for B2 anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Nippleh

Your circumstances have changed so you have to re-apply for ESTA. Answer the questions honestly, especially about previous visa refusals. You may still be approved.

Why did you apply for B2 anyway?

I wanted to stay longer, for various reasons.
    So my esta is void?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Nippleh wrote: »
    I wanted to stay longer, for various reasons.
    So my esta is void?

To be on the safe side, I would assume that it was voided by your B2 refusal. Reapply and see what happens.

The alternative scenario is that you book and pay for flights, show up and get refused entry.

When you applied for the B2, what did you say in answer to the question I assume they asked: 'how are you planning to support yourself while in the US for more than 90 days and no job?'

Advertisement