Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to Hang Internal Doors

Options
  • 22-07-2017 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

What would be the average cost (ex vat) to get an internal wood door hung?

I've four doors that I'm replacing with four new identical doors.

Would the fact I'm replacing with identical doors make it easier? Measurements can be transferred from old door to new door?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

What would be the average cost (ex vat) to get an internal wood door hung?

I've four doors that I'm replacing with four new identical doors.

Would the fact I'm replacing with identical doors make it easier? Measurements can be transferred from old door to new door?
    C 50€ a door to hang and lock might be extra if theyre upstairs and over 25kg

I got a price recently and it was €200 per door, to do the door, the architrave and the frame. Thought it was a bit pricy, but at the same time, I've no idea of the level of work involved. It could be a real bargain price but my instinctive thought was that it seemed hefty (I've 7 doors to do in one job, so €1,400 all in). (I was supplying the doors/frame etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SC024

I got a price recently and it was €200 per door, to do the door, the architrave and the frame. Thought it was a bit pricy, but at the same time, I've no idea of the level of work involved. It could be a real bargain price but my instinctive thought was that it seemed hefty (I've 7 doors to do in one job, so €1,400 all in). (I was supplying the doors/frame etc)

were you supplying all the materials? definitely a bit saucy if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I had doors hung a while back for €100 each, labour only. Frames had to be replaced. That didn't include architrave though. It was done for cash though, paid to someone who Im pretty sure draws the dole. (The ones not operating on the black market had no interest in the job, and I needed a door to close!).
    Hanging each door was a full days work, so I'd say €200, for a tax paying individual with overheads isn't absolutely outrageous, but id still get a couple more prices if possible.

jlm29 wrote: »
    I had doors hung a while back for €100 each, labour only. Frames had to be replaced. That didn't include architrave though. It was done for cash though, paid to someone who Im pretty sure draws the dole. (The ones not operating on the black market had no interest in the job, and I needed a door to close!).
    Hanging each door was a full days work, so I'd say €200, for a tax paying individual with overheads isn't absolutely outrageous, but id still get a couple more prices if possible.

Like yourself, getting any interest off a legit company was near impossible in my case, too.

• Advertisement

SC024 wrote: »
    were you supplying all the materials? definitely a bit saucy if that's the case.

Supplying doors, frames, architrave etc. but would expect them to have all their own tools and such.

Supplying doors, frames, architrave etc. but would expect them to have all their own tools and such.

The boom is back! Electrician's, plumbers, carpenters, where I'm from, they're not to be had unless it's a new build!

Like yourself, getting any interest off a legit company was near impossible in my case, too.

You'll find the €200 was the "I'll do it if I really have to, but I'd much rather not price" the one designed to get you to go elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Villa05

70 euro per door Midwest. 4 doors done in 1 day
    Some of the quotes here are crazy.

Check out companies that supply and fit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

100€ a door was what I was charged recently in wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Off topic, but trying to get tradesmen in limerick/Clare/Tipperary area at the mo is a bit of nightmare...about 10 months ago looking for a gas fitter for Boiler...ten guys we called only 3 came out and priced the job prices ranged from €3,400 - €9,700 for the boiler, cylinder and pipes to be changed...boom is back

Interested in the price of door hanging, as in my place now a lot of the doors are cheap muck and would like to replace a couple of them...But 100€ to hang a door seems a tad high, frames and architrave are already in place

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ABELECTRICAL

How much would it cost to get a taxi from Dublin to cork & back. How long would it take

• Registered Users Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

How much would it cost to get a taxi from Dublin to cork & back. How long would it take

6 Yards of skirting board and two tubes of Gripfill.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ABELECTRICAL

6 Yards of skirting board and two tubes of Gripfill.
    :)))))))))

Advertisement