Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music summer camp

Options
  • 22-07-2017 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭

Thought this would be the best place to ask. My nephew is 5 and loves music. Has 2 guitars and is always playing and singing (obviously not playing the right chords ). Learns all the words of various songs from cd and the radio.

Just wondering could anyone suggest a music summer camp that we could look at for him. They live in North dublin. Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Whereabouts?there are a few summer camps/courses run by Keys and Strings in Rush and Skerries.I know there are music schools round North Dublin that probably have similar classes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

shesty wrote: »
    Whereabouts?there are a few summer camps/courses run by Keys and Strings in Rush and Skerries.I know there are music schools round North Dublin that probably have similar classes too.

Thank you. They live near finglas

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Oh I'm pretty sure there's music schools in clontarf and castleknock then.For starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

The stageschool.ie setup is supposed to be good... but don't know if they'd incorporate instruments. Don't think many summer camps would have time to incorporate instruments given the short time and wide ability. Think I heard of a rock school on the south side about 5 years ago. Might be worth doing a Google search

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Dovies wrote: »
    Thought this would be the best place to ask. My nephew is 5 and loves music. Has 2 guitars and is always playing and singing (obviously not playing the right chords ). Learns all the words of various songs from cd and the radio.

Just wondering could anyone suggest a music summer camp that we could look at for him. They live in North dublin. Thank you

Have they thought about music lessons for them? From about 3 1/2 -4 alot of children would be able for piano lessons and it isa good instrument to start on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement