Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences with renting via HAP

Options
  • 22-07-2017 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

I'll soon be looking for a place to rent in Dublin or surrounding counties on the HAP scheme.

Just wondering what peoples' experiences are in finding landlords willing to partake in the scheme? I've been browsing Daft, but obviously it's not stated in the ads whether or not they're willing to accept it. I've heard it's difficult, but are we talking impossible?

How do people usually broach the subject - do you ring/e-mail the landlord in advance to discuss HAP, or wait until the viewing?

Thanks for any advice, either from a tenant or a landlord perspective!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Mention HAP when they offer the place to you. Then, if they pull out, you may be able to take a case against them as it would be obvious HAP is the reason. That's what people in my workplace have been advising callers with same query.

Advertisement