Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip to the U.S

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Dylan12345 wrote: »
    InTheTrees wrote: »
    I love that. Shannon to Newark NY, and you can be off the plane and on the shuttle bus into the City in about twenty minutes (as long as you dont have to pick up luggage).
    Save
    Can you do a check in with American Airlines anytime up until the 48 hours of your departure? It said on the email "Seat assignments, special meals, frequent flyer point awards and special assistance requests should be confirmed directly with the airline. How do I confirm those with American Airlines?

I usually use United.
    But there should be a toll free number to call to confirm.
    I'm not sure if you can do it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Just check in at the airport, you don't need to check in online like with Ryanair.

They will assign you a seat at check in and unless you have a specific dietary requirement or require disabled access there is no need to contact them in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can you do a check in with American Airlines anytime up until the 48 hours of your departure? It said on the email "Seat assignments, special meals, frequent flyer point awards and special assistance requests should be confirmed directly with the airline. How do I confirm those with American Airlines?

Who sent you the e-mail? The third party reference to 'the airline' suggests that you booked with a travel agent, did they give you the AA booking ref?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Dylan12345

coylemj wrote: »
    Who sent you the e-mail? The third party reference to 'the airline' suggests that you booked with a travel agent, did they give you the AA booking ref?

Booked through expedia. Called United Airlines and got my reference number to check in 24 hours in advance.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just use your confirmation number on the AA website and you can check in before your flight, only check in earlier if you're after a specific seat but usually fine to just do it all at the airport, transatlantic flights are less hectic then short-in that regard!

Perfect, Thank you. Do you need to print out your ESTA Form once its Authorized?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Perfect, Thank you. Do you need to print out your ESTA Form once its Authorized?

No, they don't want anything other than your passport. The (CBP) immigration agent will put your passport number into their system and your ESTA will pop up. A piece of paper will count for nothing if they can't find it.

But you've already checked and your ESTA is good, stop worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Going in to get my PostFX money card tomorrow and just wondering do they give you the physical card there and then or will I have to wait for it to be posted out? I'm leaving next Tuesday so I'll be cutting it close if it's getting posted out..

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

They hand you the card there and then

coylemj wrote: »
    +1 definitely do that.

I had a BoI credit card for years and years and never had to tell them when I was travelling (last count - 35 countries) but a Visa debit card they gave me a couple of years ago was refused in Chicago when I ran out of cash on my last night - I couldn't buy a Big Mac in McDonalds so I had to use a credit card which was issued by the the same bank!

Yeah we had an issue getting into the hotel because my friends debit card was getting declined. Thankfully they let us stay the night and we rang EBS up the next day.

Advertisement