Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre-Season TV match thread stuff

• 22-07-2017 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Plenty of games on the telly - both pay and FTA

Chelsea v Arsenal in China kicks off soon on ITV - Liverpool v Leicester is at 1.30 on Sky, next week the Audi Cup is on ITV4.

Anyone got any more games to include?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That pitch is worse than Wigan in the old days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Great website for live tv games..not many games on tv today besides ones already mentioned...
    http://liveonsat.com
    kmE4iKk.pngUQoSEkB.pngUgwbcVl.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do many people watch these games?

Friendlies lost their appeal to me many years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

NIMAN wrote: »
    Do many people watch these games?

Friendlies lost their appeal to me many years ago.

Typically I don't but I'm watching Juve Barca at the moment on Eir, Neymar just scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Barca doing lots of good things. Neymar scores a great move, he looks razor sharp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wow that is some 2nd goal by Neymar

Messi and Neymar combine and destroy Juventus! Imagine even thinking about walking away from playing with Messi.

Playing for the transfer

Playing for the transfer

Playing for Ernesto Valverde's Barcelona.

I don't want to jump the gun, it is only pre season, but Valverde's Barcelona looks like the real Barcelona. The signs are almost too good to believe. Samper excellent in that half, but it's Messi and Neymar that have stolen the show. Both have pressed so aggressively, insane link up, 2 genius Neymar goals. This season could be great.

• Advertisement

Barcelona back to being Barcelona?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I don't want to jump the gun

too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

xIKopBZ.png
    Gt9hT1q.png

It's Messi. It's Neymar. Barcelona purring under Valverde.

Good half, bit sharper and could've had a few more goals. Pressing is much improved, and seems to be far more intent on playing short passing patterns through the middle. Alena did not look an inch out of place.

Barca's 2nd choice (largely) side who are behind Man Utd in their pre season scheduled are putting on a bit of a passing masterclass, led by Sergi Roberto.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Hard to tell the significance of it, but their intensity is a long way improved on the previous preseason for Barcelona, even for the mostly second string second half team. And a glaring miss by Alcacer..

It may also be just an insipid United performance.

dfx- wrote: »
    Hard to tell the significance of it, but their intensity is a long way improved on the previous preseason for Barcelona, even for the mostly second string second half team. And a glaring miss by Alcacer..

It may also be just an insipid United performance.

Might be true, but they've not had the chance to be anything but insipid. Barca have had all the ball.

Promising signs 2 games into pre season for Barcelona. Looked a class above here against Man Utd, must ensure they start the season able to compete with the likes of Real Madrid. Lots of positives too, Valverde's ideas are taking shape and they are far more in line with Barca's philosophy than Enrique's. Alena excellent in the first half, front 3 very sharp and very fit it seems, 2nd half Sergi Roberto playing in the pivot was the best midfielder on the pitch. Good stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Definitely good signs, a lot of eagerness and energy there to harry and cover, especially second half up against physical efforts of Fellaini and Lukaku. Cillessen didn't do anything mental either, a couple of saves and quick off his line.

United were as dull as their shirt colour.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »

By this I'm assumimg you just closed your eyes and hummed every time Fellaini either smashed someone in the face or just threw them to the ground or just threw himself to the ground. Some fairly cheap free kicks went Man Utd's way too but I suppose we can't all see things from Paddy Crerand's pov.

• Contrary to the Baligue wannabe^
    Fellani was carded ;)
    Suarez diving like an idiot in a pre-season game was embarrassing.

Pogba was one of the best players on the pitch last night but with only Carrick in a midfield two it won't work for the coming season. Need that DM signing.
    Defensively we were lax, Blind was poor again & Valenica somewhat at fault for Neymars goal.
    Lindelof needs plenty of time. More games the better.
    Lukaku did ok as did Miki Ryan.

Thought Iniesta very good for Barca

Been a good Pre-Season from Utd overall all be it a slightly sour note last night. The areas of improvement are that missing link in DM position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Please stop calling him Miki Ryan

• s8n wrote: »
    Please stop calling him Miki Ryan

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

City looked well against a pretty strong Madrid lineup. Ederson and Stones with very good games and another textbook performance by the assist king KDB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Anybody else find the over celebration of goals in pre-season super cringey
    John Stones & Sterling for every goal doing some stupid hand thing standing out

• irishman86 wrote: »

Nearly as bad as lifting a pre-season trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

irishman86 wrote: »

pre-season is all about getting things in place for the new season, goal celebrations included.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I hope people have moved on from that retarded dab crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

183146cffb1257f1f468688cb642fbf502dfc794a0b8afa57603a16c418897de_large

Don't remember all the fuss it is only a pre season trophy when they did that

Dont even get me started on that :mad:

greendom wrote: »
    pre-season is all about getting things in place for the new season, goal celebrations included.

What the hell are they doing in the offseason

• 5starpool wrote: »
    I hope people have moved on from that retarded dab crap.

Not gonna happen any time soon.
    Kids all over the world dab. And they will watch there favorite stars do the same. Don't see how it's retarded.
    Always say it tends to annoy people who haven't accepted the fact they are old, it's like listening to the radio and saying "What sort of ****e are the young wans listening too this weather?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Kids all over the world dab. And they will watch there favorite stars do the same. Don't see how it's retarded.
    Always say it tends to annoy people who haven't accepted the fact they are old, it's like listening to the radio and saying "What sort of ****e are the young wans listening too this weather?"

Well speaking as a "young wan" (same age as Lingard) when I see dabbing it gives me an overwhelming urge to hit something. Its annoys us yung'uns as much as the auld fossils. It aint a generation thing M!Ck :P

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well speaking as a "young wan" (same age as Lingard) when I see dabbing it gives me an overwhelming urge to hit something. Its annoys us yung'uns as much as the auld fossils. It aint a generation thing M!Ck :P
    This isnt a attack on you personally just something Ive noticed in general. Are you from a countryside town/the countryside as Ive noticed country boys have a way of thinking like old people from a young age.

Its not just football its in, Ive seen it happen with the Bluejays closer in baseball as well. I have no problem with celebrations, I just feel they should be used in competitive games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It's funny watching people moaning about players using social media on "online forums" and their celebrations. For what it's worth I will just throw "it's retarded".

Everton play some side or other in an EL qualifier it's on ITV4 at 7.30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Burial. wrote: »
    City looked well against a pretty strong Madrid lineup. Ederson and Stones with very good games and another textbook performance by the assist king KDB.
    His assist stats are impressive;
    Most assists in the PL last season (18)
    The best minutes per assist (179) since the PL began (minimum 20 assists)
    And since leaving Chelsea, he's had more assists than any player in Europe's top 5 leagues (53).
    2nd in assists in those same top 5 leagues last season, 1 behind Emil Forsberg of RB Leipzig

We just need him to bang in a few more goals himself now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Everton play some side or other in an EL qualifier it's on ITV4 at 7.30.
    Anyone else watching this? The game has been pretty poor quality so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

blueser wrote: »
    Anyone else watching this? The game has been pretty poor quality so far.

Was reading that evertons weekly wage bill is 5 times the whole of the Slovakian league combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I don't mind that too much to be honest... I think the players know what it is, and the trophy raising and such is more for the fans who have shelled out to see it. Usually fans who only have this one pre-season chance to see their team play in whatever far flung location they find themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

By this I'm assumimg you just closed your eyes and hummed every time Fellaini either smashed someone in the face or just threw them to the ground or just threw himself to the ground. Some fairly cheap free kicks went Man Utd's way too but I suppose we can't all see things from Paddy Crerand's pov.

I seem to remember Ashley Young diving in a pre season friendly not so long ago.

https://redrants.com/uniteds-first-goal-in-moyesey-time-rescues-draw-in-japan/

• ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I don't mind that too much to be honest... I think the players know what it is, and the trophy raising and such is more for the fans who have shelled out to see it. Usually fans who only have this one pre-season chance to see their team play in whatever far flung location they find themselves.

I take your point. I guess it might have some merit in somewhere like the US as you say, tends to have a huge amount of fans attending these pre-season games who wouldn't realistically ever get a chance at seeing the team lifting a trophy.
    But in general I think it's still cringe IMO

Seville V leipzig on Quest right now, Forsburg looks very tidy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Worldy own goal by Kondogbia in the Chelsea - Inter game.

https://twitter.com/hughwizzy/status/891285603446403073

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Worldy own goal by Kondogbia in the Chelsea - Inter game.

Greatest ever surely!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Awful quality picture on Quest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Greatest ever surely!

It's good but Lee Dixon still takes it, he sizes up the distance and has more style to boot.

Seville with undeserved peno, converted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement