Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arlo Netgear cameras

• 22-07-2017 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

I just set up the basic three camera pack.
    I bought the extra stands and covers but only used two of each.

They are very easy to mount as they come with magnetic bases.

I get decent cloud coverage with the free cover.

I think battery replacement will be pricy and they recommend not using rechargeable batteries.

It has a great App and interface overall very very happy with it but will update as I go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The night vision is average to poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Stoner wrote: »
    The night vision is average to poor

I have the interior camara... night vision is actually (surprisingly) reasonable... Have been considering whether to add a couple of the battery versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The distance away from the hub makes a huge difference for me when comes to replacing batteries. They do say some rechargeable batteries are ok to use but mostly from USA.

Also I found that even without night mode the cameras don't trigger motion outside windows, day or night. My older cameras did that without issue during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭theluke79

I have 3 cameras not pro, while the base station is the Pro model.
    The night vision is excellent, only problem is that I cannot turn WiFi SSID broadcast off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

theluke79 wrote:
    I have 3 cameras not pro, while the base station is the Pro model. The night vision is excellent, only problem is that I cannot turn WiFi SSID broadcast off.

I've the same.

I found night vision was very good on the internal cameras but poor on the one I installed outside.

I have a rubber cover on it. I'll take it off to see it improves,it might have blocked an LED but I'm sure I checked it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭theluke79

Stoner wrote: »
    I've the same.

I found night vision was very good on the internal cameras but poor on the one I installed outside.

I have a rubber cover on it. I'll take it off to see it improves,it might have blocked an LED but I'm sure I checked it

I got the cover on, outside camer.
    Great night vision, probably there is more ambient light than I think

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Finally setup my 2x arlo cameras
    One in the back garden, easy enough mount as I could just put the screw into a fence.

However the camera for the front presented an issue, I didn't want to drill our brick work and the best and least noticeable place was against the white fascia which I also didn't want to drill.

So my solution?
    Found some Sugru Mouldable Glue I had, 24hrs later the camera is in position :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lostnfound

Cabaal wrote: »
    Finally setup my 2x arlo cameras
    One in the back garden, easy enough mount as I could just put the screw into a fence.

However the camera for the front presented an issue, I didn't want to drill our brick work and the best and least noticeable place was against the white fascia which I also didn't want to drill.

So my solution?
    Found some Sugru Mouldable Glue I had, 24hrs later the camera is in position :)

I bought this system online and no matter what I do I can't set it up. The app doesn't recognise the base unit etc.

I've plugged it into my router and all looks ok but still won't connect. I've Virgin Media wifi - any advice?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Lostnfound wrote: »
    I bought this system online and no matter what I do I can't set it up. The app doesn't recognise the base unit etc.

I've plugged it into my router and all looks ok but still won't connect. I've Virgin Media wifi - any advice?

Thanks.

Contact Arlo support online. I had similar issue when installings a friends cameras. They had it sorted within 5 mins on the online chat.

In my case, the cameras were from amazon warehouse, so I think they were registered already to someone else, Arlo reset the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lostnfound

givecredit wrote: »
    Contact Arlo support online. I had similar issue when installings a friends cameras. They had it sorted within 5 mins on the online chat.

In my case, the cameras were from amazon warehouse, so I think they were registered already to someone else, Arlo reset the account.

Thanks for that, sorry just seen reply - I've been offline for a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Anyone have any suggestions for fixing this?

I find that my arlo camera;s (both of them) keep randomly disarming. The battery's are fine, they generally stay armed for around 12 hours and then appear to just randomly disarm themselves and won't re-arm until I arm them. It does this no matter the profile I use (normal "armed" or scheduled).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

After Netgears really crappy implementation that let you buy, return, then spy on the new owner I'd be slow to pick these up :rolleyes:

Advertisement