Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifx Setup Issue

Options
  • 22-07-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I bought three Lifx bulbs a few months ago and I'm just in the process of setting them up now. Does any one here have them installed successfully?

When I add the bulb in app i get the following
      Opening Connection to Light Checking firmware on light Sending Wifi credentials to Light Looking for light on network

It never gets beyond this part and will not find the light unfortunately. Has anyone experiened anything similar?

Edit:

I'm now able to connect to the bulbs wifi and the app continues to load for a few minutes. After that the app automatically reconnects to my Vodafone network and after a few minutes it fails again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hi All,

I bought three Lifx bulbs a few months ago and I'm just in the process of setting them up now. Does any one here have them installed successfully?

When I add the bulb in app i get the following
    • Opening Connection to Light
      Checking firmware on light
      Sending Wifi credentials to Light
      Looking for light on network

It never gets beyond this part and will not find the light unfortunately. Has anyone experiened anything similar?

Edit:

I'm now able to connect to the bulbs wifi and the app continues to load for a few minutes. After that the app automatically reconnects to my Vodafone network and after a few minutes it fails again.

I struggled with this recently too.

If you have another phone try set it up there. When trying with my Android 7.1.1 device it gave me endless trouble. When I set it up on my old Samsung Galaxy 4 it loaded first time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I struggled with this recently too.

If you have another phone try set it up there. When trying with my Android 7.1.1 device it gave me endless trouble. When I set it up on my old Samsung Galaxy 4 it loaded first time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I tried using the Windows 10 app as well but no luck. I'll try on the girlfriends OPX or iPad later.

Have them up for sale at the minute because I got so frustrated with them, was going to use the money for Hue stuff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sphinxicus

i may be a little late and you may have already sold them but I had this same issue. I have multiple SSID's each on their own VLAN. If my phone was connected to a different VLAN than the network i was trying to add the bulbs to, I would get this message. I have routes set between vlans for specific devices and could control already installed bulbs but im guessing that the app sends a broadcast over the LAN which would not route between vlans by default.

I know its a long shot but just a thought...

Advertisement