Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing the Alarm Code - Hardy

Options
  • 22-07-2017 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi guys, i have a Hardy Security Solutions alarm and i want to change the code, how do i go about doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Is that the name of the installer? What is the make of your panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Karlsand

Yes, must be the installer - the Panel reads Secure Watch / HKC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

When you enter your code does the system arm straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Karlsand

Yes, well the normal 'system arming' message is heard

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your user code has not been set up with the correct permissions. You will need to contact an installer to set this up correctly for you or else you will need the engineer code for your alarm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Karlsand wrote: »
    Yes, well the normal 'system arming' message is heard

I dont think that company is in business anymore.
    The system itself can be easily defaulted and set back up, even if its engineer locked.
    Id advise getting the engineer code off who ever you get to do same.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you are getting someone else out to look at it beware of the lad who will try & tell you its locked & needs to be replaced.
    A 15 minute job to reset & reprogram.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

If the panel is an older 6/10 panel and it's engineer locked the new chip set is not available anymore so you may well need a new panel and keypad

No he wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Can still be defaulted without replacing the chip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement