Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mavic Ksyrium SLR hub issue

Options
  • 22-07-2017 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I have severe lateral play in my rear hub. Initially you'd think it's a loose cassette but then when you look closely the hub is actually moving. I've tried everything, even to a mavic dealer who told me the wheels are worn (they are 3 years old, on their second tyres, and minded like a baby!). New hub body, hub service, cassette is fine etc etc. I got advice to [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]check the axle bearing preload adjuster on the non-drive side of the hub [/font]but i'm not sure how. Done a big trawl of forums and youtube videos but not getting anywhere. Anyone know anything about this or can point me in the right direction?
    Many thanks, D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭disco1

Tbese use bearing preload tool...
    Its a plastic spanner that you use when the wheel is on tbe frame....its on the non drive side tool goes into tbe little bit holes on cone adjuster.

Advertisement