Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish rail €100 fixed penalty

• 22-07-2017 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I received a fixed notice after I paid for a ticket on the automated ticket machine in Kilkenny station but the machine was unable to print my ticket. After I asked a member of irish rail staff for help. I was told that tickets can be purchased from the inspectors on the train. When I got on the train I went looking for the inspector to purchase a ticket. He informed me that tickets can't be purchased for train inspectors for another couple of months. So now I have a €108.10 fixed penalty because irish rail staff are not properly up to date on current ticket purchase practices. Should I pay or wait for it to go to court?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When you paid for your ticket but it couldn't be printed was the money taken from you? Surely that would clear you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Deon_97

If was refunded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Surely there would be a report if the machine was faulty. Did you speak with the station staff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Deon_97 wrote: »
    I received a fixed notice after I paid for a ticket on the automated ticket machine in Kilkenny station but the machine was unable to print my ticket. After I asked a member of irish rail staff for help. I was told that tickets can be purchased from the inspectors on the train. When I got on the train I went looking for the inspector to purchase a ticket. He informed me that tickets can't be purchased for train inspectors for another couple of months. So now I have a €108.10 fixed penalty because irish rail staff are not properly up to date on current ticket purchase practices. Should I pay or wait for it to go to court?

You went looking for the inspector and you found him, or you went looking for him, you couldn't find him, and then he came around checking tickets?

I went looking for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

You paid for a ticket and it didn't print so you asked and someone said you can pay the inspector?

But you already paid at the machine! Why would you go looking for an inspector to pay again? What am I missing?

You paid for a ticket and it didn't print so you asked and someone said you can pay the inspector?

But you already paid at the machine! Why would you go looking for an inspector to pay again? What am I missing?

The money was refunded from the machine

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This is a request for legal advice, and legal advice cannot be given on this forum or website.

If you require legal advice, please engage the services of a legal professional.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement