Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19 y/o looking for 1990 mx5 insurance

Options
  • 23-07-2017 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Im 19 with 2 years driving experience and 1 years no claims(full license) trying to get insured on a 1.8 na mx5. Im currently insured with my own policy on a 2002 1.4 golf for 1.8k with a telematic box.

I cant even get quoted on a mini cooper while my friend of the same age with less driving experience and no noclaims is insured on a 2007 1.8 mx5, his sister of 18 who just got her provisional has got insured on a mini cooper.

Just need help at where im going wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

kosis wrote: »
    Im 19 with 2 years driving experience and 1 years no claims(full license) trying to get insured on a 1.8 na mx5. Im currently insured with my own policy on a 2002 1.4 golf for 1.8k with a telematic box.

I cant even get quoted on a mini cooper while my friend of the same age with less driving experience and no noclaims is insured on a 2007 1.8 mx5, his sister of 18 who just got her provisional has got insured on a mini cooper.

Just need help at where im going wrong.

They may be fronting
    I.e. Using parents to insure the car as there and having kids on same but not disclosing facts they (parents) aren't the main driver

Policy / claim be canceled if anything goes wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭honda boi

cplwhisper wrote: »
    They may be fronting
    I.e. Using parents to insure the car as there and having kids on same but not disclosing facts they (parents) aren't the main driver

I always wondered how they can prove that the parent isn't the main driver ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kosis

cplwhisper wrote: »
    They may be fronting

What defines the main driver, pretty much just who uses the car the most?
    Say one of my parents bought a mx5 as a weekend car or whatever and used it once a week and I couldn't afford a car of my own and got named on that as there is a spare car sitting there with only a small amount of use, that would be fronting even though theoretically it's not my car?

Also as said below, how are they to know I've been driving that car on the daily in the event of a claim?

Thanks for the feedback.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

kosis wrote: »
    ...Also as said below, how are they to know I've been driving that car on the daily in the event of a claim?

Thanks for the feedback.

Shoe is on the wrong foot there.

It's the duty of the policyholder to disclose all material facts, and failure to do so could jeopardise any claim.

So they might not necessarily know, but if there's a claim with you driving and they decide to investiagte....

Advertisement