If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zone 2 sub-woofer question with Denon AVRX2300

Options
  • 23-07-2017 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Really interested in this amp and will probably get it, but I am wondering if something is possible with it:

I'll use zone 1 with floorstanders, rears a centre speaker and a sub-woofer. This would be used with a projector. I'd like to use zone 2 in the same room for audio with my TV. Will the connected sub work with zone 2 speakers connected to the surround back speaker terminals?

I've read the manual online and also searched forums, but nothing is clear on this. By the way, I understand that this is a very involved question and may not be easily answered. I might just have to try it myself when I get the amp!

By the way, any boardie's deals for that amp (sterling price) delivered to Dublin? 

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Really interested in this amp and will probably get it, but I am wondering if something is possible with it:

I'll use zone 1 with floorstanders, rears a centre speaker and a sub-woofer. This would be used with a projector. I'd like to use zone 2 in the same room for audio with my TV. Will the connected sub work with zone 2 speakers connected to the surround back speaker terminals?

I've read the manual online and also searched forums, but nothing is clear on this. By the way, I understand that this is a very involved question and may not be easily answered. I might just have to try it myself when I get the amp!

By the way, any boardie's deals for that amp (sterling price) delivered to Dublin? 

Thanks
    Hi 3rdDegree,

This is something I will have to test in store with our demo model to see if it is possible but from what I can see it is not possible with the passive zone 2. The only way I can suggest to do it is to use the active zone out and power the zone 2 speakers with an amp with a subwoofer output.

I will have a look into this further and see what I can find but as far as I'm aware it is not possible to use a zone 2 sub with the passive output.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Hi 3rdDegree,

This is something I will have to test in store with our demo model to see if it is possible but from what I can see it is not possible with the passive zone 2. The only way I can suggest to do it is to use the active zone out and power the zone 2 speakers with an amp with a subwoofer output.

I will have a look into this further and see what I can find but as far as I'm aware it is not possible to use a zone 2 sub with the passive output.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David

In fairness, if you don't know this off the top of you're head, I wouldn't bother wasting any time on it. If it's the same as other amps, I'd imagine it doesn't use the sub for zone 2. In any case, I've decided to buy the amp and can try it myself. I'll put the order in later.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Hi 3rdDegree,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David

In fairness, if you don't know this off the top of you're head, I wouldn't bother wasting any time on it. If it's the same as other amps, I'd imagine it doesn't use the sub for zone 2. In any case, I've decided to buy the amp and can try it myself. I'll put the order in later.

Thanks
    No problem, I'm pretty sure it doesn't though. If you need anything else or have any issues with the order don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

David

Just went to order and realised it's "call and collect" only. I guess I wont be ordering after all. Shame that as I buy all that stuff from you guys, but it's not worth driving up to Belfast for.

But thanks for the quick reply. 

Cheers

Hi David

Been reading up on the AVRX3300W, and it looks very impressive. Also see that it's available to order online. What's the best sterling price available for that to ship to Dublin? Feel free to PM me if you wish.

Many thanks,
    Martin

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Martin,

thanks for the post - £509 + shipping at £6.99 is 200% the best price we can do on the AVRX3300 brand new at the moment:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202199-avrx3300w.aspx

...However if you did keep your eyes peeled over the next day or two you may see a couple of mint open box units being released exclusive to Boardies a fair bit cheaper than that ;)

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.