Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Coach Experience Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

As a regular user of the N7 service. What I would like to happen is for some other company international player take over the routes/company rebrand whatever needs to happen in order to Iron out the problems. I cant speak for the other routes but the N7 route is a well used very much needed route with lots depending on it for work due to the soaring costs of keeping or getting a car on the road. I have taken this bus very early 2am onwards and there always people on board. In particular the 520am service is usually near full leaving Newbridge. If other companies would go 24hours it would be great. I rely on Dublin Coach for work, my fear is that the service will be pulled at some point due to the above problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

oh yeah the RSA could and should step in.
    people need to report the incidents to them though.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Looks like one of the ones that could of being on fire. Loads of black behind the vents no number plate. And the back just general grubby looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Just heard they are up for sale, the coach end of the business not the airport parking

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭belfast stephen

would anyone want to buy them

would anyone want to buy them

i'm sure they would for some of the routes?

• Advertisement

they would likely go for scrap thankfully. if anyone was to buy dc chances are they would already have their own busses anyway which could suplament the newer coaches dc currently have. then there is the question of whether all the routes dc currently have would continue should it be bought out. interesting times ahead whatever happens i reccan.

i don't know the answers to your questions i'm afraid, all though i would be a bit surprised if the limerick route isn't doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wonder would first or even go ahead be interested.....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

First don't really have the money to buy it

GoAhead would be in a good position but they do very little coach work.

Selling up wouldn't surprise me.. It would make a lot of sense why they don't maintain and invest if they are being sold. Simply an exercise to get in as good position on many routes as possible and hope the licenses and passenger numbers will inflate the sale price due to potential.y

Their positions. Customer Base and licenses would be more interest than their fleet to a potential buyer who would feel with investment they would be able to right the wrongs.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I could certainly see one of the other companies Go Bus/Citylink/Aircoach/etc. being interested in the route licenses, but probably using their own coaches and re-branding it.

A good opportunity for them to expand and consolidate.

The core M7 routes would certainly be interesting. Probably a little less interest in the Cork and Belfast routes.

If Go Bus where to buy it, then they'd operate to every city in Ireland!

Of course BE could look at it too (I'm not sure how the competition authority would look at it), JJ Kavanagh or perhaps a completely new entrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Dear potential new owners,

Please allow me to book online less than 3 hours in advance

Sincerely
    Everyone

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Dear potential new owners,

Please allow me to book online less than 3 hours in advance

Sincerely
    Everyone

Compared to AirCoach, where bookings can only be made up to 5pm on the day prior to travel, DC aren't doing too badly on that account!

• Advertisement

Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann not operating tomorrow

http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-bus-bus-eireann-beast-from-the-east-3876884-Feb2018/?utm_source=facebook_short
    Will Dublin Coach and Aircoach try and cash in by putting on extra services?

DC have stopped the N7 services for the day by the looks of it. I doubt they will.have any on tomorrow either

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Aircoach are operating but 700 to Leopardstown but missing some stops, 702 to Shankill only, 703 to Dalkey only and are heavily delayed and the 704/705 are running but heavily delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I would say if weather gets worse they will all pull services.

If planes are landed not much use running aircoach either.

I would say if weather gets worse they will all pull services.

If planes are landed not much use running aircoach either.

All services cancelled for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

JeffK88 wrote: »
    DC have stopped the N7 services for the day by the looks of it. I doubt they will.have any on tomorrow either

I was driving up the N7 yesterdat & passing Kill at approximately 09h00. There were 2 lanes open on the road - one basically on the outside and another sharing the innermost lane and the hard shoulder. As there was not too much traffic on the road, both lanes were moving at around 80kph. Then a DC 726 with a 09 KE reg shot up the middle pushing the snow and slush out to both other lanes.

For me, any company who permits their drivers to drive like that don't deserve to be on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I was driving up the N7 yesterdat & passing Kill at approximately 09h00. There were 2 lanes open on the road - one basically on the outside and another sharing the innermost lane and the hard shoulder. As there was not too much traffic on the road, both lanes were moving at around 80kph. Then a DC 726 with a 09 KE reg shot up the middle pushing the snow and slush out to both other lanes.

For me, any company who permits their drivers to drive like that don't deserve to be on the road.

The same happened me with a Limerick based logistics company driver deciding he was a snowplough and clearing the overtaking lane on the M7 at Borris-in-Ossory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Banner colours?

Yes.

Advertisement