Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Coach Experience Discussion Thread

Options
1596061626365»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Jameslee23

have they fixed the step yet on the king line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Well it didn't take long, but I think one of the Citaros broke down on the 750 this evening!

Passed one pulling in on the side of the M50 and it didn't look very healthy 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭AX612

One of the Tourismo's broke down last night, rear covered in oil and two mechanics behind it…

I was shocked seeing the 08 after going back on the road after I haven’t seen them for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Is that the one that was on the side of the N7 around Rathcoole, two mechanics and about 4 x 5-gallon drums at the back? How they are still in business is beyond me (aside from not being put off the road by the NTA)

• Advertisement

Not sure as I was only informed but very well could've been the same one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,164 ✭✭✭Tow

They are using the yellow 161 Sprinter on the Dundrum to Airport now. It has an issue shifting out of first gear, required the engine to be shutoff to reset the system.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This thread should just be called the "Dubin Coach Breakdown Thread" at this stage or maybe "DC breakdown of the day!"

Seriously though, the fact that this lot are still allowed to operate with vehicles and practises that are far below what anyone should reasonably expect says more about the NTA than anything really.

Another noisy Government quango that in reality fails miserably at even the most basic tenents of its remit - much like the RSA in that regard whose only "strategy" seems to be to be slapping lower limits and cameras everywhere rather than tacking the real issue - enforcement and education.

after getting the last 12 double-decker today

They've brought a Vanhool back.. brave! 😂

• Advertisement

they definitely gonna have to consider purchasing some secondhand double-deckers as they’re now running short on coaches

I was on the 12-KE decker today, first time I've seen it in ages. Got it to Red Cow from Portlaoise (my usual commute) and it was clear this had gearbox issues. Gears were struggling and refusing to change and it just revved like mad until the gears eventually changed, almost like red lining!

Bad bad coach, shouldn't be on the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭thebourke

Is anybody finding the dublin coach service time keeping seems to be getting worse from dublin aiport?

i arrived back into dublin for 6pm bus service to red cow roundabout.

I had to wait an hour and a half before dublin coach showed up.

There should have been 3 buses scheduled in that timeframe according to that website.

got the 08KE home now when I was getting off the bus, the door was closing in my face and the driver had to hold the door open and I was saying this bus is battered and he was like the window wipers. Don’t even work on it or anything and I was like hopefully there be new double-deckers this summer, and he said doubt it

Theres a Tourismo on the 600 this morning and the King Long is on the 750 Dundrum route..

If you think about it they've not bought anything since 2019, and before you say about the Scania's being a 221 reg they're were purchased before covid happened and were delayed because of covid. The only bus they've really bought in the last 5 years is that 2006 Citaro and apparently that was on the verge of going for scrap too!

u also forgotten in 2019 they got the 161 sprinter and the 162 Volvo

Advertisement