Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rural Fiber to the home not delivered yet still being charged

Options
  • 23-07-2017 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    In October 2016 we had a visit from an Eir representative telling us that our area was now live for the Rural Fiber to the Home Scheme and that we could get up to a 1GB Broadband connection, the only issue was that we had to take out a residential phone line as well (Do not know why because the broadband would have been a seperate line into the house as it is with our neighbours). Fast forward 2 weeks and they install our phone line and tell us that the broadband would be installed in a few days time, this did not happen and before the end of the initial 30 day period I rang up Eir to ascertain what was happening and also to cancel as we were told we could cancel within 30 days if we were not happy with the service.
    Basically fed a load of bull and told that we could not get Fiber to the home (Next door neighbour had it install 2 days previous), anyway the girl from eir when I told her to cancel our contract asked me to be patient and that the connection could be made within the next week or two, I foolishly waited and then the bills started arriving for the phone service which we never wanted in the first place and that we had asked be cancelled when within the 30 day period. I cancelled the Direct Debit because why should we be paying for a service that we had requested be cancelled and where the full contract had not been delivered by Eir (They still had not installed the braodband), Anyway I have written to Eir on 2 occassions but they will not even acknowledge receipt of the letters, and now have transferred our account to debt collectors. I feel that this has escalated way  beyond all reason by Eir not delivering what they said they could, telling us broadband was not in our area when all our neighbours were able to receive it, a total disgrace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Eir again...there was a huge thread almost identical to this during the week. It seems to be just what they do.

It's appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DAZIRT

georgewickstaff it is an absolutely appalling way to treat people, if the service is available then and only then should they start selling it, but to sell a service that they charge for yet fail to deliver is wrong. Typical Eir though they do not want to face the music and they never try and resolve the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

DAZIRT wrote: »
    Hi,
    In October 2016 we had a visit from an Eir representative telling us that our area was now live for the Rural Fiber to the Home Scheme and that we could get up to a 1GB Broadband connection, the only issue was that we had to take out a residential phone line as well (Do not know why because the broadband would have been a seperate line into the house as it is with our neighbours). Fast forward 2 weeks and they install our phone line and tell us that the broadband would be installed in a few days time, this did not happen and before the end of the initial 30 day period I rang up Eir to ascertain what was happening and also to cancel as we were told we could cancel within 30 days if we were not happy with the service.
    Basically fed a load of bull and told that we could not get Fiber to the home (Next door neighbour had it install 2 days previous), anyway the girl from eir when I told her to cancel our contract asked me to be patient and that the connection could be made within the next week or two, I foolishly waited and then the bills started arriving for the phone service which we never wanted in the first place and that we had asked be cancelled when within the 30 day period. I cancelled the Direct Debit because why should we be paying for a service that we had requested be cancelled and where the full contract had not been delivered by Eir (They still had not installed the braodband), Anyway I have written to Eir on 2 occassions but they will not even acknowledge receipt of the letters, and now have transferred our account to debt collectors. I feel that this has escalated way  beyond all reason by Eir not delivering what they said they could, telling us broadband was not in our area when all our neighbours were able to receive it, a total disgrace.
    Hi DAZIRT, 

Thanks for getting in touch today.

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating.

Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks 

Anna 

Advertisement