Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

thought whyte was so good tonight. real throwback old school 70s heavyweight style...double jab, mad fast hooks...he was very good.
    not sure i buy in to all this narrative of 600 days waiting for wbc shot....he had his chance at all the other belts only he wanted more money...so, yes, correct hes waited 600 days for wbc belt..but he had a chance for heavyweight world title belts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Fantastic night at the O2 guys really enjoyed it. Nothing like seeing it all in the flesh. Briefly I was very impressed by Chisora (fight too late stopped), Price was on the money though I feel sorry for Allen. Whyte Rivas was all action and I think whyte deserves the title shot now though he won’t beat wilder for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Fantastic night at the O2 guys really enjoyed it. Nothing like seeing it all in the flesh. Briefly I was very impressed by Chisora (fight too late stopped), Price was on the money though I feel sorry for Allen. Whyte Rivas was all action and I think whyte deserves the title shot now though he won’t beat wilder for me.

Wilder will KO Whyte ,
    I like Whyte he is all heart but not the best skilled fighter he wins a lot of his fights from being big and very stuburn , Hes been knocked down by Parker and Rivas which mean unless he stops Wilder early he will be put to sleep

Wilder will KO Whyte ,
    I like Whyte he is all heart but not the best skilled fighter he wins a lot of his fights from being big and very stuburn , Hes been knocked down by Parker and Rivas which mean unless he stops Wilder early he will be put to sleep

Whyte is a big unit and will test anyone his shot speed looks quicker and he is using the jab well but he’s still clumsy and a lap or two off fit.

Word that Price will be against povetkin now as had Allen won he was meant to fight him. That would be a big one. If he were to win that and aj beat Ruiz then he might get a shot there

Whyte is a big unit and will test anyone his shot speed looks quicker and he is using the jab well but he’s still clumsy and a lap or two off fit.

Word that Price will be against povetkin now as had Allen won he was meant to fight him. That would be a big one. If he were to win that and aj beat Ruiz then he might get a shot there

Price fought Povetkin recently and was Ko'd don't see the point in doing it again ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Price fought Povetkin recently and was Ko'd don't see the point in doing it again ,
    I'm guessing the fact that Price had Povetkin on shaky legs in round three with that big left hand will be used to try and sell the fight. The bell probably saved Povetkin from a knock down in that fight but ultimately he was far too good for Price and will most likely be so again should they meet.

Pighead wrote: »
    I'm guessing the fact that Price had Povetkin on shaky legs in round three with that big left hand will be used to try and sell the fight. The bell probably saved Povetkin from a knock down in that fight but ultimately he was far too good for Price and will most likely be so again should they meet.

I just think most of Prices issue are mental and him fighting a guy who recently enough ko'd him will make him gun shy,
    He will wait to long to let any shots go and turn into a punching bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Are you saying Price is 1 win away from a title shot??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Nothing stopping Price in his Davdimir Priceschko rebirth.

Also lads apparently Nick Halling is back commentating on DAZN. What a time to be alive. Might have to find the Jim Watt bingo cards again if they ever decide to reunite the pair.

• Advertisement

Hearn says Fury Wilder 2 isn't happening. Said the same about the first fight. Far more chance of Aj Ruiz 2 not happening I'd say.

Are you saying Price is 1 win away from a title shot??

I’m saying that beating Allen takes him to a fight with a top 10-15 and since povetkin was being lined up to fight Allen had he won then there’s a possibility that he’d get that fight or someone similar. Werehe to win that fight then the beltholders may fancy him as an option. Bearing in mind these boys are fighting Washington, Takam, millar, spilzka and so on.

I’m saying that beating Allen takes him to a fight with a top 10-15 and since povetkin was being lined up to fight Allen had he won then there’s a possibility that he’d get that fight or someone similar. Werehe to win that fight then the beltholders may fancy him as an option. Bearing in mind these boys are fighting Washington, Takam, millar, spilzka and so on.

I don't think Price he will get Povetkin ,
    Allen had beat Browne even though he is awful he is an ex world Champion ,

Price doesn't have a name like that on his record , he will fight someone like Takam ,

I'd imagine Chisora will now get the Povetkin fight,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

could there be a whyte v chisora trilogy fight....what fight generates as much money for whyte now ?...he's sat waiting for any title shot...and after last weekends performances by both and a fantastic thriller between them last time....a hugely hyped london fight would be hard beat.
    same promoter so everything in line.
    ??

dougm1970 wrote: »
    could there be a whyte v chisora trilogy fight....what fight generates as much money for whyte now ?...he's sat waiting for any title shot...and after last weekends performances by both and a fantastic thriller between them last time....a hugely hyped london fight would be hard beat.
    same promoter so everything in line.
    ??

I don't think it sells as well as you think although I could be wrong of course,
    To me Whyte is 2- 0 and even though thought he was losing the last one he ko'd Chisora I think the rivalry is done ,

I don't think Price he will get Povetkin ,
    Allen had beat Browne even though he is awful he is an ex world Champion ,

Price doesn't have a name like that on his record , he will fight someone like Takam ,

I'd imagine Chisora will now get the Povetkin fight,

Chisora Parker is the rumour. Povetkin coming of a loss himself now he’s not flush with options but anyone who beats him is.

So Dillian Whyte pops. Worst part is that apparently they were notified before the fight and the BBBC still allowed the fight go ahead.

Absolutely ****ty inexcusable stuff if the B sample comes back positive too. **** the BBBC and **** Eddie Hearn and all those involved if this is a legitimate pop. Thank goodness we didn't have something like what happened Dadashev happen to Rivas. I firmly believe combat sport has as big a doping problem as cycling or athletics. At least in those sports people aren't risking their livelihood in their profession.

Whyte will probably still fight for the WBC title. Why stop if there's no punishment? Same as Miller.

Wonder will Bellew be as vocal when it's one of his matchroom pals that pops

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Hearn says Fury Wilder 2 isn't happening. Said the same about the first fight. Far more chance of Aj Ruiz 2 not happening I'd say.

I'd fancy Ruiz to beat Joshua again, unless he hasn't been training and over doing the celebrations ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Angliru wrote: »
    So Dillian Whyte pops. Worst part is that apparently they were notified before the fight and the BBBC still allowed the fight go ahead.

Absolutely ****ty inexcusable stuff if the B sample comes back positive too. **** the BBBC and **** Eddie Hearn and all those involved if this is a legitimate pop. Thank goodness we didn't have something like what happened Dadashev happen to Rivas. I firmly believe combat sport has as big a doping problem as cycling or athletics. At least in those sports people aren't risking their livelihood in their profession.

Scummy from Whyte if true, especially since he has been calling out everyone else for juicing recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

I wasn't aware that Whyte had already been banned for drugs in 2013. If this proves to be positive, surely his career is over. Hearn said previously that any fighter who fails 2 drugs tests should be banned for life. it will be interesting to see how he plays this one, if true. As of now, it is still just an article but the journo is very well respected so chances are it is true. What I can't fathom is how the WBC (or Hearn for that matter) allowed the fight to go ahead if they knew about the test ???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I wasn't aware that Whyte had already been banned for drugs in 2013. If this proves to be positive, surely his career is over. Hearn said previously that any fighter who fails 2 drugs tests should be banned for life. it will be interesting to see how he plays this one, if true. As of now, it is still just an article but the journo is very well respected so chances are it is true. What I can't fathom is how the WBC (or Hearn for that matter) allowed the fight to go ahead if they knew about the test ???:confused:

He was cleared by was cleared to fight by the Brit Boxing Board, UK anti doping and the WBCs testers. Despite failing. Results of sample B get to be released.

The Nal wrote: »
    He was cleared by was cleared to fight by the Brit Boxing Board, UK anti doping and the WBCs testers. Despite failing. Results of sample B get to be released.

This will be interesting because Hearn has com out publicly and said both fighters been tested and cleared to fight ,

I wonder is it cleared just because the B sample wasn't tested or was it something silly he tested for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

This will be interesting because Hearn has com out publicly and said both fighters been tested and cleared to fight ,

I wonder is it cleared just because the B sample wasn't tested or was it something silly he tested for ?

He has a right to ask for the B sample to be tested.
    If that’s the case and he has popped for something not recreational then Hearne and the BBofC need to have a look at themselves.
    Also I assume the fight will be rules a no contest?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

Was Rivas aware of the failed test? Could be a few quid in it for him if not.

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    Was Rivas aware of the failed test? Could be a few quid in it for him if not.

I was thinking maybe he got a few quid to go ahead with the fight ?

I was thinking maybe he got a few quid to go ahead with the fight ?

Possibly, more than likely actually. If Rivas wasnt told theres a lawsuit there. My moneys on him popping for something recreational.

EPO seems to be making a resurgence for some reason. I'll wager it is that. Would explain why he still managed to be active for 12 rounds whilst being in a terrible condition.

EPO seems to be making a resurgence for some reason. I'll wager it is that. Would explain why he still managed to be active for 12 rounds whilst being in a terrible condition.

You could be on the money here,
    He was what 12 lbs heavier than in his last fight and looked out of shape,

I reckon a ankle/leg injury so he struggled to get the cardio in and weight down , possibly pushing him down the EPO route,

We shall find out soon enough ,

• Advertisement

If it was that, he deserves a long ban.

Advertisement