Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Angliru wrote: »
    EPO seems to be making a resurgence for some reason. I'll wager it is that. Would explain why he still managed to be active for 12 rounds whilst being in a terrible condition.

EPO has a half life of only 5 hours so he would have had to take it in the few days previous to the test. If Micro-dosing he would have literally just taken it.

I'd argue in the context of 12 round boxing, that taking EPO is worse than taking any steroid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I noticed that every single round he sat on in his stool a few seconds after the bell

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Hear must be fuming ,
    If AJ loses the rematch and Whyte gets a big ban its very bad for business

Hear must be fuming ,
    If AJ loses the rematch and Whyte gets a big ban its very bad for business

He's only fuming that it has come out. He knew about it 3 days before teh fight went ahead!

Will his previous comments about never again giving a chance to any fighter busted twice apply to Whyte here?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

He's only fuming that it has come out. He knew about it 3 days before teh fight went ahead!

Will his previous comments about never again giving a chance to any fighter busted twice apply to Whyte here?

Course not. Hes desperate. AJ invincibility myth busted, Whyte a drugs cheat meanwhile Wilder and Fury are the main attractions in the US. Its all gone tits up for Hearn in the HWs.

haha

• Advertisement

Did any of you watch the live outdoor workouts at London Bridge? Whyte got the news then that the winner would be mandatory. He said both then and after winning the fight that you’d never know what would happen in boxing

The Nal wrote: »
    Course not. Hes desperate. AJ invincibility myth busted, Whyte a drugs cheat meanwhile Wilder and Fury are the main attractions in the US. Its all gone tits up for Hearn in the HWs.

haha

He said this in April!

https://twitter.com/BehindTheGloves/status/1119109026527080449

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    Was Rivas aware of the failed test? Could be a few quid in it for him if not.

Rivas’ promoter has just said he knew nothing about it. The plot thickens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

The wording of Eddies tweet says alot.

"Both fighters we're tested and cleared to fight".

The wording of Eddies tweet says alot.

"Both fighters we're tested and cleared to fight".

Well that would be the case if the request the B sample to be tested which I presume they did,

Can anyone remember if Hearn was in the Ring and jumping around as he usually does, or what he was like in interviews after,
    It'll be interesting to watch back knowing that Eddie knew Whyte was in f*cked anyway ,

• Advertisement

Well that would be the case if the request the B sample to be tested which I presume they did,

Can anyone remember if Hearn was in the Ring and jumping around as he usually does, or what he was like in interviews after,
    It'll be interesting to watch back knowing that Eddie knew Whyte was in f*cked anyway ,

From what I remember he was bigging Whyte up as per.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Hearn not denying he tested positive says it all. Also i recall him saying drug cheats should be dealt with in a much more punitive way. I guess it only applies to other promoters fighters. Bellew, who has been outspoken about this issue in the past, will be more muted now, just like he was when Saunders was busted.
    Whyte probably figured it was worth the risk when he saw what happened to Miller

Rivas’ promoter has just said he knew nothing about it. The plot thickens.

If that's true , and Whyte is guilty, Eddie's smug look will be gone for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

so...let me try and figure this....seemingly he failed a UKAD test, but they allow a second test to take place before they confirm.
    and...the initial test was before the rivas fight...and the promoter and british boxing board of control were informed and also informed of UKAD policy of allowing a second test before confirming....and the second test was to come after the fight.....have i got that right ?

if so..whatever about the promoter....the BBBoC is the boxing establishment in britain, what if rivas was seriously hurt ?..how do they answer that they knew there was a failed first test and the confirmining B test was going to be after the fight, and they let the fight go ahead..knowing there was a chance, even if not fully proved guilty yet, that he could have been on a substance.

it makes no kind of sense to me for the boxing board of control to do that...if theres a hint of doubt, no fight until proven either way, surely ?

dougm1970 wrote: »
    so...let me try and figure this....seemingly he failed a UKAD test, but they allow a second test to take place before they confirm.
    and...the initial test was before the rivas fight...and the promoter and british boxing board of control were informed and also informed of UKAD policy of allowing a second test before confirming....and the second test was to come after the fight.....have i got that right ?

if so..whatever about the promoter....the BBBoC is the boxing establishment in britain, what if rivas was seriously hurt ?..how do they answer that they knew there was a failed first test and the confirmining B test was going to be after the fight, and they let the fight go ahead..knowing there was a chance, even if not fully proved guilty yet, that he could have been on a substance.

it makes no kind of sense to me for the boxing board of control to do that...if theres a hint of doubt, no fight until proven either way, surely ?

From what I have read this appears to be a correct summation.
    Apparently the right to the B test before confirming guilt ranks higher than the opponent's safety.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/dillian-whytes-future-in-doubt-after-reported-failed-drugs-test-oscar-rivas-calls-for-a-rematch/123961
    wrote:
    As per a report in The Independent, the publication sourcing PA in the article, Whyte’s A sample, tested by UKAD and VADA, came back positive. Whyte then asked for his B sample to be tested by UKAD and VADA (which is his right), but this test could not be done ahead of Saturday’s fight with Rivas, and will instead be carried out this week some time – therefore the fight of July 20 went ahead even though UKAD and VADA knew Whyte had a positive A sample. Rivas was not informed about the positive test.

Even in the UFC a fighter is immediately suspended on the basis of an abnormal 'A' test and if the B test later comes back clear, then you are cleared again. A B test will very very rarely come back clean as it's the same sample a the A test.

So he tested positive for Dianabol,
    An old school anabolic steroid.

https://www.boxingscene.com/dillian-whyte-tested-positive-two-dianabol-metabolites--141198

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Unfortunately it looks like it was for metabolites. Inb4 the tainted supplement route again.

To be fair I didn't even know dbol was still doing the rounds as it supposed to be lethal on the liver.

Will he try the I did not know what i was taking excuse again. Maybe he had some of the boar Tyson Fury had. To think he was goading Joshua for being a good "cyclist" in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Angliru wrote: »
    Unfortunately it looks like it was for metabolites.

What does this mean for us non PED educated.

mada82 wrote: »
    What does this mean for us non PED educated.

Metabolites are what’s left when the steroid is leaving the body. The two metabolites detected point to Dianobol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Sky sports have not reported it. Strange that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

RTE News Now have reported it & are saying Whyte is facing a lifetime ban for second positive test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Here's an interview with Thomas Hauser on Whytes positive test.

https://youtu.be/EqTDFV8EPKU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

My first feeling was to feel sorry for Whyte, which is stupid obviously. But he's been passed over so many times and still taken all the hard fights, so I'm a fan of his courage. Not sure what happens with this one though if it comes to pass that he is guilty of doping. I've seen some places on line reporting that he will get a life ban if he is found guilty. Interesting to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

My first feeling was to feel sorry for Whyte, which is stupid obviously. But he's been passed over so many times and still taken all the hard fights, so I'm a fan of his courage. Not sure what happens with this one though if it comes to pass that he is guilty of doping. I've seen some places on line reporting that he will get a life ban if he is found guilty. Interesting to see how it pans out.

What courage? He juices, he has no courage. He could have killed an opponent due to his unfair advantage but didn't care. He repeatedly juiced. He fought because he thought he couldn't lose, that's not courage.

Having said that, it could be he was trying to even things up because he knows everyone is on it.

I’m not so sure he’s had that many real top drawer opponents. Hughie beat Parker, everyone beat Chisora. Rivas has a lucky ko vs Jennings.

Not really seen as hes there man , theyll say nothing untill the B sample is tested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

my interest here...even concern....is with the british boxing board of control and their handling of this......this to me is the most disturbing and important part of all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

He has turned down Joshua, Fury, Pulev and Ortiz. He's avoided the hard fights.

• Advertisement

dougm1970 wrote: »
    my interest here...even concern....is with the british boxing board of control and their handling of this......this to me is the most disturbing and important part of all this.

I agree. What are they for if not to prevent a disaster that this could have turned out to be?

Advertisement