Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Hearn was talking like he knew nothing after the fight on Saturday

https://youtu.be/tJgXdcxAIwk?t=4050

Hearn speaks

Whyte was cleared to fight.
    Whyte will make a statement tomorrow which will clear everything up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Not really seen as hes there man , theyll say nothing untill the B sample is tested

I was being sarcastic. The BBC even have it up. Typical sky to pretend something isn’t happening if it doesn’t suit their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

If we’re to presume that the B sample puts him down then is the fight a no contest or a reversal? Surely this would raise Rivas’ stock.

There’s talk of an 8 year ban if this b sample follows the a. Somehow I can see that being avoided

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I'm confused by the whole thing. If he had the hearing before the fight and UKAD decided that he was ok to continue does that not mean that there's no real issue here? It would suggest that Whyte had a genuine and believable reason to explain the traces of dodgy stuff in his body. Failing that it would suggest that UKAD are corrupt and not fit for purpose?

What’s the easiest thing here so that everyone saves face? B sample comes back clear. I seebit going that way with little or no ban. It is very interesting though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pighead wrote: »
    I'm confused by the whole thing. If he had the hearing before the fight and UKAD decided that he was ok to continue does that not mean that there's no real issue here? It would suggest that Whyte had a genuine and believable reason to explain the traces of dodgy stuff in his body. Failing that it would suggest that UKAD are corrupt and not fit for purpose?

Its very odd. Unless this "metabolites" shíte has become acceptable.

He'll have blamed some energy drink/ dodgy supplement is my guess same as the last time.
    Interestingly, one of the metabolites he tested for this time is the same one as he got a ban for the last time.
    The Difference now is that the two metabolites found together this time point straight to Dianabol
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    What’s the easiest thing here so that everyone saves face? B sample comes back clear. I seebit going that way with little or no ban. It is very interesting though

If his B sample is clear then there is no sanction, he is innocent.
    This only happens something like 1 in 100 times though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Very unlikely B sample comes back clean. Tainted supplement route I'd imagine. Proven to have worked time and time again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

He'll have blamed some energy drink/ dodgy supplement is my guess same as the last time.
    Interestingly, one of the metabolites he tested for this time is the same one as he got a ban for the last time.
    The Difference now is that the two metabolites found together this time point straight to Dianabol

If his B sample is clear then there is no sanction, he is innocent.
    This only happens something like 1 in 100 times though.

Dbol seems a weird drug for a boxer to take, it's not exactly a desinger drug, oral, taken possibly multiple times a day

Whyte's long awaited statement. Ediie was saying last night that it woud clear everything up :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/DillianWhyte/status/1154722578952531969
    I am so disappointed with the rubbish that has been said about me over the last few days.
    I have lawyers dealing with it and I have been told that I can't talk about it for good legal reasons.
    I was cleared to fight and I won that fight fair and square.

Thanks for the support

If anyone thinks it's only the Russian anti-doping crowd who are influenced and swayed they want to get themselves checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

how does the boxing board of control save face if B sample comes back clear ?....its a matter of absolute principle how it was dealt with by them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

dougm1970 wrote: »
    how does the boxing board of control save face if B sample comes back clear ?....its a matter of absolute principle how it was dealt with by them

The b won't come back clear, I do however think that supplement s can be tainted, I thought he was part of out of competition testing too unlike some boxers, I font beluevevhe would be so stupid to try juice if he's likely to get randomly tested.

[MEDIA=twitter]1154723291963305985[/MEDIA]

Taken from Reddit -

Whyte: ****ing Hell.

Hearn: Alright Mate?

Whyte: ****ing hell in it, Jesus Christ bruv. I haven't slept at all the last couple of days.

Hearn: Nor have I, but I didn't have to fight.

Whyte: ****sake.

Hearn: Mate, that was the miracle of all miracles wasn't it?

Whyte: That's the difference between being a professional...

Hearn: I had everything, I had a statement for you ready to go.... and he just phone me up and was like... we did it and i was like oh my god.

Whyte: I need to keep my hair for some reason. It's a ****ing stitch up, I passed 2 tests in 2 days and then one in a million..

video of above here...

Kwame Alexander (@KwameAlexander5) tweeted at 2:30 AM on Fri, Jul 26, 2019:
    https://t.co/nLJsiwabrk
    (

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download?s=13

Calm down I’m not in on it! It’s bizarre that he was allowed to fight. Is the implication that he wanted to shave his head? I thought these days all tests were blood

In a complete change of subject, Hughie Fury has joined matchroom

In a complete change of subject, Hughie Fury has joined matchroom

Do I see. Smart move. He could step into any gap left

Do I see. Smart move. He could step into any gap left

I’d say he’ll fight Price next.

• Advertisement

He’ll fight Price next. (Me prediction btw).

First thing that came to mind. I think he beats Price

i'll try this again...not sure how to embed a twitter video....but trust me..worth seeing...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1154564628162084864

Taken from Reddit -

Whyte: ****ing hell in it, Jesus Christ bruv. I haven't slept at all the last couple of days.

Hearn: I had everything, I had a statement for you ready to go.... and he just phone me up and was like... we did it and i was like oh my god.

Whyte: I need to keep my hair for some reason. It's a ****ing stitch up, I passed 2 tests in 2 days and then one in a million..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

i'll try this again...not sure how to embed a twitter video....but trust me..worth seeing...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1154564628162084864

Taken from Reddit -

Was wondering about the hair, he normally shaves that for fights. Can be last place to leave the body in some cases.

Doug is that from a pre or post fight conference?

They thought the fight was off anyway..

EAZuBITXYAEyKIP?format=jpg

Doug is that from a pre or post fight conference?

post...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVEIIPV7spM

Right, so they hadn't spoken since the hearing on the Saturday morning.

Looks very bad for Hearn, sounds like he got the big lawyers in to make sure the fight went ahead.

I also wouldn't say it looks great for Whyte, sounds like he is trying to convince Eddie he didn't take anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Asking him to keep his hair, hair follicle test?

spencer fearon says that rivas failed his test too.
    a "breaking news" upload on IFL .

• Advertisement

spencer fearon says that rivas failed his test too.
    a "breaking news" upload on IFL .

If that’s true I wonder could both have agreed to ask for b samples and fight in the meantime ?

Advertisement