Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

squinn2912 wrote: »
    If that’s true I wonder could both have agreed to ask for b samples and fight in the meantime ?

well...for me...whatever shenanigans went on....nothing forgives the boxing board of controls actions..or at least on the story so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

dougm1970 wrote: »
    well...for me...whatever shenanigans went on....nothing forgives the boxing board of controls actions..or at least on the story so far

How concrete is it all? I’ve just seen speculation from journalists. No statement from bbbc or vada

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

spencer fearon says that rivas failed his test too.
    a "breaking news" upload on IFL .

I don’t think that’s true for a second.

Eddie just gave an interview to an American reporter. He is very rattled and pretty much confirms what we have suspected so far.

The good bits start at around 5 minutes.

https://youtu.be/DCHSCaXyzxs

I don’t think that’s true for a second.

Eddie just gave an interview to an American reporter. He is very rattled and pretty much confirms what we have suspected so far.

The good bits start at around 5 minutes.

https://youtu.be/DCHSCaXyzxs

thing is though hes a promoter....doing what a promoter does and acting like a promoter......morally he may be frowned on, but morality is not his concern...its following and working within the guidelines and laws, and hes done that.

the hard questions should be asked of the british boxing board of control, as based on the story as its been told so far, they have serious questions to answer.

spencer fearon says that rivas failed his test too.
    a "breaking news" upload on IFL .

Rivas’ promoter just refuted this.

• Advertisement

Saw that Hearn interview as well. I agree that it’s not up to him but he’s clearly uncomfortable. He was roundly booed by the crowd all night last week I’m not sure if the tv picked up on that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He's always booed

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Saw that Hearn interview as well. I agree that it’s not up to him but he’s clearly uncomfortable. He was roundly booed by the crowd all night last week I’m not sure if the tv picked up on that

It's just all his talk of banning dopers for life, it shows him up to be a hypocrite.

Whatever about the legalities, rules and commissions over this case, the fact that he didn't tell Rivas' camp what was going on seems morally reprehensible.

There also seems to have been a big controversy over Whytes gloves https://www.boxingscene.com/team-rivas-member-details-gloves-dispute-whyte-fight--141197

The latest from Eddie (starts around 27 minutes)

To Sum up:

1. Whyte failed a UKAD test, his defence in the Saturday morning hearing seems to be centred around several passed VADA tests in the previous days, which apparently proves he couldn't have taken the alleged drug.
    UKAD only report to the board and the fighter concerned unlike VADA who inform everyone

2. The gloves issue was that Whyte couldn't put the agreed gloves on at the time of the fight and had to find a new pair.

3. He knows nothing about a Rivas failed test unless it was a UKAD test (in which case only Rias' team would have been informed). However he plays down the likelihood of this.

any word when the result of that B sample will be ?

• Advertisement

any word when the result of that B sample will be ?

Could already be known. From what Hearn said, we won’t be finding our anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

thing is though hes a promoter....doing what a promoter does and acting like a promoter......morally he may be frowned on, but morality is not his concern...its following and working within the guidelines and laws, and hes done that.

the hard questions should be asked of the british boxing board of control, as based on the story as its been told so far, they have serious questions to answer.

If Whyte asked for the b sample, maybe they had to allow it to go ahead as per the rules, or otherwise face being sued if Whyte was then cleared?

If Whyte asked for the b sample, maybe they had to allow it to go ahead as per the rules, or otherwise face being sued if Whyte was then cleared?

if thats a rule, it makes no kind of sense.....seriously.

It’s funny when whyte mentioned that Joshua could juice in England I wondered how he’d know unless he was fond of a helper himself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

I'd say everyday is Tuesday when you're backed by Eddie Hearn.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

if thats a rule, it makes no kind of sense.....seriously.

Well that's what Hearn seems to be saying. If this isn't the reason, then there is something more sinister going on, which should be investigated, but likely won't be. If Rivas is clean, you would think he'd sue or at least call for the result to be declared void. It's just unfortunate Dyllan can't clear the whole thing up for legal reasons:rolleyes:

Could already be known. From what Hearn said, we won’t be finding our anyway.

well...why not ?.....is it because of whatever excuse he gave for sample A will carry over to sample B and he's let continue his career ?
    have the boxing board of control not have a responsibility to explain to the public why, if he has given an excuse, that it has been accepted ?

well...why not ?.....is it because of whatever excuse he gave for sample A will carry over to sample B and he's let continue his career ?
    have the boxing board of control not have a responsibility to explain to the public why, if he has given an excuse, that it has been accepted ?

I'm basing it on what Eddies said about UKAD/BBBofC keeping everything in house and only communicating with the fighter implicated. They don't make findings public until concluded or even inform opponents.

Remember this whole think only came out through a leak. They kept the Fury Positive (from before the Hammer fight) quiet for years before it came to the public attention and let him fight on in the interim.

I agree with you that the whole thing is shoddy and immoral and the system needs changed.

Hopefully whoever the leak is continues to feed the foreign boxing media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Still nothing from Whyte, Hearn, Ukad, bbbc. It stinks.

https://twitter.com/TDBBoxing/status/1155145604080656390?s=19

In a complete change of subject, Hughie Fury has joined matchroom

Looks like Hughie vs Povetkin will be announced tomorrow for the Lomachenko vs Campbell undercard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Looks like Hughie vs Povetkin will be announced tomorrow for the Lomachenko vs Campbell undercard.

Strange fight for Hughie to take. He’s lost to lesser opponents. Can’t see him winning this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Hell be banned once the B sample come through no question

Notice neither Hearn and Whyte never say he was clean just "cleared to fight "

Im guessing its such a small trace amount they decide to wait for the B sample but so close to the fight they couldnt get it till after ,

Remember after the fight they asked Whyte about fighting fury or Wilder next and he had a nervous smile and said who knows what happens in boxing , Normally hed go off on how now he has to get that fight , He knows hes ****ed but him and Eddie where just happy for the fight and payday to happen ,

mada82 wrote: »
    Strange fight for Hughie to take. He’s lost to lesser opponents. Can’t see him winning this one.

I reckon Hughie wins this one possibly by late stoppage. Not so sure this version of Povetkin is better than either Parker or pulev. Hughie was robbed in one fight and the cut destroyed the other. He’s a good boxer

WBC Statement:

"An “A” Sample UKAD collected from Mr. Dillian Whyte in relation with his bout against Oscar Rivas yielded an adverse finding. In light of that adverse finding, and pending the outcome of the WBC’s own investigation and adjudicatory process, the WBC is provisionally suspending the WBC’s recognition of Dillian Whyte as WBC Interim World Heavyweight Champion and Mandatory Challenger of the division.
    The WBC has notified Mr. Whyte and his team of the WBC’s suspension, and that it will afford Mr. Whyte the opportunity to present its position to the WBC at an investigative hearing which will take place at a place and time to be announced in the near future. Throughout its investigation and hearing, the WBC will afford Mr. Whyte and his team the opportunity to present any available information and materials, and any exculpatory evidence they might deem appropriate."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

I reckon Hughie wins this one possibly by late stoppage. Not so sure this version of Povetkin is better than either Parker or pulev. Hughie was robbed in one fight and the cut destroyed the other. He’s a good boxer

I can't see Hughie stopping Povetkin.
    Could be a close fight on the cards though.

It'll be interesting to see how Hughie reacts if Povetkin lands hard early.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

I think the version of Povetkin that fought Joshua world be enough to stop fury. I just don’t rate him as a top fighter at all.

I dont believe the cut had the impact they make out either.

I don’t see Povetkin climbing the hill again. Peter will have a game plan to beat him. The guy is nearly 40 like. Those losses will do Fury little harm

I see Hughie and Povetkin is announced now. You can all quote me if this goes wrong but I’m saying Hughie to win either on points or with a late stoppage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Andy Ruiz the latest guest on the Joe Rogan Podcast.

• Advertisement

Andy Ruiz the latest guest on the Joe Rogan Podcast.

Any good? I gotta listen to it more.

I see WBA/WBC have both dropped whyte from their rankings

Advertisement