Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Any good? I gotta listen to it more.

I see WBA/WBC have both dropped whyte from their rankings

Rubbish. Joe couldn't get a word out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Rubbish. Joe couldn't get a word out of him.

Saved me the bother thanks!

Sky just said that Whyte passed VADA tests before and after fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Andy Ruiz the latest guest on the Joe Rogan Podcast.

a short podcast by rogan standards...an hour -ish

mainly..."this man is a BEEAASSSTTT despite appearances"...yea...rogan said that quite a lot.
    and ruiz saying how "it's a blessing"..a lot.

nothing else much was memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

As I predicted. Whyte’s defence is that he passed VADA tests. Sky are now peddling his defence on Eddie’s behalf

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/11775161/dillian-whyte-passed-vada-anti-doping-tests-before-and-after-oscar-rivas-fight

This is propaganda on their part. Let's say you take 3 tests. If you fail 1 test and pass 2 tests it does not mean you were clean. It's a misinformation campaign.

He failed a UKAD test and this does not change that.

Yes, correct.
    He passed VADA tests on 17th and 21st July (just before and just after the fights).
    The UKAD test he failed seems to have been taken about 2 weeks before the fight and since only metabolytes were found he had probably doped well before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

...It seems like he was taking some kinda PED for awhile, stopped in the hope it would be gone in time...There was still a trace, then when he did VADA tests it was out of his system...Could be totally wrong...

Fury is facing Otto Wallin in September.

Looks like Tom Schwarz mark 2

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/651121

What an awful opponent. I thought Charles Martin wasn't much of a fight but this is much worse.

Yeah, his best win was knocked out in 1 round by Ustinov!

Fury is stooping to David Haye levels of finding tomato cans with unbeaten records.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

What’s the point of that fight. Hopefully nobody buys it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

mada82 wrote: »
    What’s the point of that fight. Hopefully nobody buys it.

Is it PPV? I thought it was on ESPN in ths US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    Is it PPV? I thought it was on ESPN in ths US.

No idea about the US but I think BT had the last fight as PPV

This is propaganda on their part. Let's say you take 3 tests. If you fail 1 test and pass 2 tests it does not mean you were clean. It's a misinformation campaign.

He failed a UKAD test and this does not change that.

Eddie says the VADA tests prove Whyte is innocent. I actually thought they would have a better defence/excuse than this.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/11775968/eddie-hearn-says-dillian-whytes-negative-tests-from-vada-are-key-evidence-against-drug-allegations

Bit of talk about Dubois vs Chisora. That would be a good match up I think Dubois wins it but Chisora is bound to test him more than Gorman did

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Bit of talk about Dubois vs Chisora. That would be a good match up I think Dubois wins it but Chisora is bound to test him more than Gorman did

Would like to see Dubois get a few more under his belt first. Hes fighting again next month.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/49240485

The Nal wrote: »
    Would like to see Dubois get a few more under his belt first. Hes fighting again next month.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/49240485

Would be a decent test for him alright. Fight would likely be March or April next year though

Dubois' next opponent is a joke, he is a 210lb 'Heavyweight' who fought ost of his bouts at Light Heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dubois' next opponent is a joke, he is a 210lb 'Heavyweight' who fought ost of his bouts at Light Heavy.

Looks like a bum alright but nothing wrong with that. Dubois is only 21 and needs fights to build his brand. Its standard promotion stuff. Don't want him losing too early in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

predictions to where Joshua Ruiz will be?

Don’t think Ruiz will take Cardiff I can see it back in msg

Saw this on Facebook

Anthony Joshua:🗣

"You've got two ends of it. One, I fight in Tijuana, Ruiz's uncle could referee and I'll still whoop him. It don't matter where it is. But there's the other aspect of British fans, riding with me from day one, wanna see me get them belts back."

Andy Ruiz Jr responds:🗣

"AJ says he can “whoop” me in Tijuana prove it let’s run it in Mexico. Remember that you did have a huge reason to come to America and that was to build your profile." #Ruiz🀖2 #cherrypickgonewrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Saw this on Facebook

Anthony Joshua:��

"You've got two ends of it. One, I fight in Tijuana, Ruiz's uncle could referee and I'll still whoop him. It don't matter where it is. But there's the other aspect of British fans, riding with me from day one, wanna see me get them belts back."

Andy Ruiz Jr responds:��

"AJ says he can “whoop” me in Tijuana prove it let’s run it in Mexico. Remember that you did have a huge reason to come to America and that was to build your profile." #Ruiz��2 #cherrypickgonewrong

Well Ruiz won that exchange. As he says, If Joshua is so confident he can beat him he should not need for it to be on home ground. Also his fans might like a trip to Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Apparently talk of a lucrative offer to host the fight in the United Arab Emirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

It would be very strange to hold a fight of this magnitude in Saudi. Surely it's worthy of Vegas or even mexico city. It should just be in new york again.

Strange that Vegas hasn’t even been mentioned

honestly think these rematch clauses should be outlawed in some way.
    this is a world title fight...and although joshua rightly is trying to get it back in a rematch via the clause...its a fact that he doesnt deserve an immediate rematch.
    i know its the fight people want...but him deserving it should come into matters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

dougm1970 wrote: »
    honestly think these rematch clauses should be outlawed in some way.
    this is a world title fight...and although joshua rightly is trying to get it back in a rematch via the clause...its a fact that he doesnt deserve an immediate rematch.
    i know its the fight people want...but him deserving it should come into matters too.

As most in here know I'm not an AJ fan at all but I feel on this occasion Ruiz owes AJ a rematch ,

AJ could have easy decided to not fight with a short notice change of opponent but he gave Ruiz his shot , Its the right thing to do to offer the former champ a chance to redeem himself if he wants it ,

It'd be sh*tty of Ruiz to not do it, but I do feel Ruiz should have the call on where the rematch is on seen as he is now THE MAN

so...every time a champion is beat...and beat well, not close...in a voluntary defence...he should automatically deserve a rematch ??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

so...every time a champion is beat...and beat well, not close...in a voluntary defence...he should automatically deserve a rematch ??

It was a clause in the contract first time around, ruiz was happy enough to accept it at the time.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It was a clause in the contract first time around, ruiz was happy enough to accept it at the time.

i know that...and thats my point...there should be no rematch clauses...it ties belts up without valid reason...there'll still be voluntary defences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

i know that...and thats my point...there should be no rematch clauses...it ties belts up without valid reason...there'll still be voluntary defences.
    Surely as a fan of boxing you should be delighted there's a rematch clause? I think most people would much prefer to see Ruiz fight Joshua again instead of a voluntary defence against some tomato can.

Advertisement