Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,614 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just making a point here...

You could have an elite boxer with a weak chin

Just like you can have a bang average nobody with a rock solid chin...

Fury has shown me more than enough that I could easily get behind a HW Haye badly hurting/knocking him out if he lands clean...

He surprised me when he survived that onslaught. Ortiz can punch. I think Wilder will be cagey again. If Ortiz is at the same level this time around, he may get the victory.

Ortiz did not show real efficient finishing prowess..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Didn't the bell pretty much save wilder too?

Then when both fighters began the next round Ortiz looked absolutely wrecked and wilder appeared to have recovered pretty well.

I feel he as good as emptied the tank chasing the ko and when wilder emerged for the next round looking not all that bad it compounded his tiredness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Can’t make a case for price winning. I think chisora is exactly the style he needs to avoid. He’ll run out of gas and be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I know. But look at the age of him. I predict that he’ll be one step up just one from stiverne 2.

Yeah was thinking it'll be similar to the stiverne rematch. He must be 45ish now, could be competitive for a few rounds but fancy Wilder to get the job done by the 6th.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

That's just it, if Ortiz is still hanging in by rd 6 or so, then he is obviously there to throw shots.......

Smart money, of course, on Wilder via KO....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

walshb wrote: »
    That's just it, if Ortiz is still hanging in by rd 6 or so, then he is obviously there to throw shots.......

Smart money, of course, on Wilder via KO....

I don’t think Ortiz will be quick enough this time to keep out of harm’s way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Price 264
    Chisora 260

Both fairly heavy

Price 264
    Chisora 260

Both fairly heavy

That suits Chisora much more

Poor oul Price. I didn’t see it but it was seemingly a comprehensive beat down. I hope he retires now. Fair play to Chisora that should earn him an elimination fight

• Advertisement

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Poor oul Price. I didn’t see it but it was seemingly a comprehensive beat down. I hope he retires now. Fair play to Chisora that should earn him an elimination fight

It was quite a good display of action while it lasted, albeit from those two...

Price just wasn’t able to sustain any committed assaults. No energy.....and a great towel throw in by his corner..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Shows Dave Allen's level to be fair

Price shouldn’t have taken the fight on such short notice he was always going to gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Chisora was always winning that fight regardless on camp length.

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Chisora was always winning that fight regardless on camp length.

Possibly. Price’s only chance was to be fit and his jabs have a cumulative effect

Del Boy remains the standard bearer

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Fury training in MMA with McGregor, imagine the scutter talked at those training sessions. Don't think the MMA game would suit Fury he'd have the legs kicked off him and any decent wrestler is tying him in a knot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Del Boy remains the standard bearer

For what?

For what?

Well he's decent, you need to be good to beat him, he's tough as nails. Has been in there with some top guys. Anyone who beats him probably isn't far off a title shot.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Cyrus wrote: »
    Shows Dave Allen's level to be fair

Dubois goes through him for a shortcut in December

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Will usyk fight chisora before he gets a title shot? Will a lad coming up a weight be able to handle this relentless lump.

BDI wrote: »
    Will usyk fight chisora before he gets a title shot? Will a lad coming up a weight be able to handle this relentless lump.

Can't see Usyk pulling up trees at heavyweight but I'd say he has more than enough to outbox delboy til he gasses. Don't rate Chisora at all tbh sure he's basically been knocked out by a cruiserweight already in David Haye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Never thought about it but Dubois v Chisora would be nice. We'll see where Dubois is at then, can't see it happening though.

Never liked Chisora but do admire him lately , seems like the "anyone, anytime, any place" kinda guy.

Can't see Usyk pulling up trees at heavyweight but I'd say he has more than enough to outbox delboy til he gasses. Don't rate Chisora at all tbh sure he's basically been knocked out by a cruiserweight already in David Haye.

In the interests of fair assessment he faced a very good Haye and he was a much worse fighter then himself. He’s on a good run recently and is performing well. Usyk though should be salivating at the prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Honestly its a fight I'd love to see, Usyk isn't going to fight a top guy next so why not Chisora ,

As limited as Chisora is he put pressure on Usyk and it'll be interesting to see how Usyk handles him, Does he pack enough in his shots at heavy weight to keep Chisora off him,

We all know Usyk is a better boxer but can he deal with the size and stubbornness of Chisora ,

Lets be fair Haye was on top of his game back then he could have ko a horse at that stage plus Chisora was not training anywhere near as well back in those days ,

a usyk chisora fight will go a decent way to letting us know what to expect from Usyk at HW.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Cyrus wrote: »
    a usyk chisora fight will go a decent way to letting us know what to expect from Usyk at HW.

I'm sure he wins but in what manner will say a lot about where he stands ,

I'm sure he wins but in what manner will say a lot about where he stands ,

yep agreed on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

If Usyk isn't phased by Chisora's power (Tbf if he's going to be a force at HW he shouldn't be) then I can see a potential fight becoming very very one sided from about rd8 on. Culminating in a late stoppage win for Usyk or a pretty wide points win.

For Usyk nearly every fight from now on is going to be a pretty long night. He's going to have to break down his opponents over the course of a number of rounds while upping his output as the rounds tick by which isn't an easy task. But to be fair to him he seems to relish this kind of task.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Is there any reason why all the top 15 (according to Boxrec) heavyweights are VADA enrolled, except Anthony Joshua?

https://boxrec.com/en/ratings?offset=0&sex=M&division=Heavyweight

Advertisement