Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I read that Andy Lee is advocating my stance. For Fury to put some actual meat on his shots, as Lee believes, like me, that Fury can hurt Wilder!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

walshb wrote: »
    I read that Andy Lee is advocating my stance. For Fury to our some actual meat on his shots, as Lee believes, like me, that Fury can hurt Wilder!

Well, Lee is in his coaching team so he will have some input to Fury's strategy. Might be a smokescreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I read that Andy Lee is advocating my stance.

He's probably following your posts here :D

blade1 wrote: »
    He's probably following your posts here :D

Wise man, so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Can’t wait for the fight. It’s either fury on points or a wilder KO. With wilders power we will be on the edge of our seats all fight long wondering if he can land it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I read that Andy Lee is advocating my stance. For Fury to put some actual meat on his shots, as Lee believes, like me, that Fury can hurt Wilder!

Two masterminds! I agree but therein lies the risk. I think fury should work to win the rounds early on. Save the meat for a little later. If wilder lunges then there’s a great opportunity to land some stingers. I don’t think wilder would be especially difficult to ko, it’s just that if you let him in he can bang much harder. So think fury should work on not losing firstly

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Two masterminds! I agree but therein lies the risk. I think fury should work to win the rounds early on. Save the meat for a little later. If wilder lunges then there’s a great opportunity to land some stingers. I don’t think wilder would be especially difficult to ko, it’s just that if you let him in he can bang much harder. So think fury should work on not losing firstly

Well, I don't think there is any time during 36 minutes where you shouldn't be able to throw meaty shots....It's a boxing match. You are calling yourself the lineal HW champion of the world. Surely you should be able to mix it up at any point during a boxing match.....

The goal is to win, and a win can occur at any stage during the 36 minutes, as can a loss...

Fury needs to be switched on for 36 minutes, and committed for it....that is not me saying he needs to go hell for leather for 36 minutes, but he needs to be ready for 36 minutes....

Who knows, he could well get Wilder out of there early, and head home early with the victory....could be mid rds, or could be late rds. The point is, that he should be able and prepared to throw meaty shots at any stage of the match; that is, if he is prepared and committed.

I see Joyce and Dubois are in talks. My prediction is that the fight is more entertaining than the build up!

I don't think Fisheyes is really going to match them off. I reckon he will just keep them separate. It would be the first person Dubois has fought that can go rounds and would punch back.

I thought that until after that last turkey Dubois fought it was the first time both of those and warren talked up this fight. Although I think Joyce has a European belt to fight for?

I thought that until after that last turkey Dubois fought it was the first time both of those and warren talked up this fight. Although I think Joyce has a European belt to fight for?

Huck broke his hand so that is cancelled.

• Advertisement

Huck broke his hand so that is cancelled.

Good man. Right then I reckon this is on in March. Who you guys got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Hard one to call. It depends how legit Dubois power is. If it’s legit I think he stops Joyce.

Good man. Right then I reckon this is on in March. Who you guys got?

I won't believe this fight is on until I see it.
    Anyway if it goes ahead Dubois batters him.
    Joyce is too slow and his 1 punch power isn't even that great to have a punchers chance.

If Joyce's chin is rock solid he gets beat up badly over 12 rounds. if not he gets stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I won't believe this fight is on until I see it.
    Anyway if it goes ahead Dubois batters him.
    Joyce is too slow and his 1 punch power isn't even that great to have a punchers chance.

If Joyce's chin is rock solid he gets beat up badly over 12 rounds. if not he gets stopped.

100% I think this is a fight Joyce should avoid. This one will tell us a lot about Dubois though, past couple of lads he fought were pure binmen but he made handy enough work of Nathan Gorman who I'd consider a good British level boxer with pretty fast hands.

Joe will be his biggest test so far but I can still see a Dubois knockout within 5

100% I think this is a fight Joyce should avoid. This one will tell us a lot about Dubois though, past couple of lads he fought were pure binmen but he made handy enough work of Nathan Gorman who I'd consider a good British level boxer with pretty fast hands.

Joe will be his biggest test so far but I can still see a Dubois knockout within 5

The trouble is that Joyce doesn’t have time on his side to be going avoiding anyone. I expected a decent kick on fight after Jennings but no sign.
    For me this one hinges on how strong Joyce is to hold off Dubois. For a slow joe he punches a lot and shots he doesn’t lean into are surprisingly powerful. It’s a good fight

Just listened to the Wilder Fury press conference good oul craic. Personal highlight;
    “12 weeks and 4 days... f*ck me... I can be ready in 2 weeks I’m ready to knock this mf out TODAY”
    Say what you will fury is some craic

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fury saying he's only in camp 10 days sounded a bit worrying and saying he's looking for a knock out had me worried,
    Then Wilder picked up on it and said 10 days I'm already in week 3 and laughed as if Fury was ****ed But u could see Fury looking at his trainer smirking, I feel a feeling Fury is talking nonsense to mess with Wilder

He already knows Wilder didn't want to be anywhere near him this time hence the lack of media about it, I reckon hes already playing the game with Wilder filling him with horse ****,

Fury saying he's only in camp 10 days sounded a bit worrying and saying he's looking for a knock out had me worried,
    Then Wilder picked up on it and said 10 days I'm already in week 3 and laughed as if Fury was ****ed But u could see Fury looking at his trainer smirking, I feel a feeling Fury is talking nonsense to mess with Wilder

He already knows Wilder didn't want to be anywhere near him this time hence the lack of media about it, I reckon hes already playing the game with Wilder filling him with horse ****,

I think your letter point is the reading of it that I have. He’s a messer and they both know he can get inside wilders head. Wilder has the same few phrases that he had from the first time around but he can’t engage or debate. Fury is a master at that. The blazer button was under a little bit of pressure though!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think your letter point is the reading of it that I have. He’s a messer and they both know he can get inside wilders head. Wilder has the same few phrases that he had from the first time around but he can’t engage or debate. Fury is a master at that. The blazer button was under a little bit of pressure though!

Agree Wilder says a lot without actually saying anything, I find it funny no matter what he askhe will whisper some part of the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Unrelated but Tyson did an interview saying he was stoned for the Golota fight. Always thought he just got done for post fight but turns out he was stoned during the fight.

This punch broke Golotas cheekbone, gave him a concussion and the awkward fall herniated a disc.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Unrelated but Tyson did an interview saying he was stoned for the Golota fight. Always thought he just got done for post fight but turns out he was stoned during the fight.

This punch broke Golotas cheekbone, gave him a concussion and the awkward fall herniated a disc.

How do you know he was stoned? That was a serious hit but he looked to be moving freely enough. Corner hadn't much sympathy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

How do you know he was stoned? That was a serious hit but he looked to be moving freely enough. Corner hadn't much sympathy!

Mike Tyson admits he smoked weed before Andrew Golota fight in 2000 and still beat him

The Nal wrote: »

That’s not exactly evidence. He looked clear eyed to me. He admitted that his back was broken too and it wasn’t.

Mike is a sham of late!

Mike is a sham of late!

That’s what I mean. Raving. That or trying to sensationalise things for profile. Quite sad really

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

That’s not exactly evidence. He looked clear eyed to me. He admitted that his back was broken too and it wasn’t.

Spinal !

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Fights looking likely or done for Q1. Predictions please.

Fury Wilder 22nd Feb
    Aj Pulev April/May
    Chisora Usyk 28th March (Winner likely to fight Parker)
    Whyte v Povektin/Ruiz (18th April likely to be Povektin as Ruiz won't be ready
    Joyce v Dubois
    Kowanacki v Helenius ( Kowancki likely to fight Breazeale after)

Others in the mix for fights Hunter, Hrgovic, Rivas, Fury, Zhang, (All matchroom)

Miller and Kabayel both with Top Rank and options for Fury if he loses.

ACAguy wrote: »
    Fights looking likely or done for Q1. Predictions please.

Fury Wilder 22nd Feb
    Aj Pulev April/May
    Chisora Usyk 28th March (Winner likely to fight Parker)
    Whyte v Povektin/Ruiz (18th April likely to be Povektin as Ruiz won't be ready
    Joyce v Dubois
    Kowanacki v Helenius ( Kowancki likely to fight Breazeale after)

Others in the mix for fights Hunter, Hrgovic, Rivas, Fury, Zhang, (All matchroom)

Miller and Kabayel both with Top Rank and options for Fury if he loses.

Great post that but too much to take in!! Not all of these fights will be made there’ll be twists and turns and we’ll be wondering about some of them this time next year!!
    Fury for me
    Aj wide If it happens. Ko 8.
    Usyk but close as hell
    Whyte ko 5 over povetkin wont be Ruiz
    Dubois too fast for Joyce but interesting fight
    Dunno tell you in September

Best I can do go get betting

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Fury Wilder will have a domino effect on everything else and I hope there is no 3rd fight.
    You can now add Martin and Washington to that list as they will be on Fury undercard

• Advertisement

ACAguy wrote: »
    Fury Wilder will have a domino effect on everything else and I hope there is no 3rd fight.
    You can now add Martin and Washington to that list as they will be on Fury undercard

Thats the thing until the fights are happening a lot can change so they’re hard to predict. Martin Washington doesn’t interest me much two journeymen.

Advertisement