Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone hear or know what the"rumour " is that made Hearn change perdiction to Wilder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Anyone hear or know what the"rumour " is that made Hearn change perdiction to Wilder?

Dunno. If anyone should avoid rumours though it’s him. Pr1ck

• Site Banned Posts: 12 Torino

I would like to see Tyson Fury versus A peak Vitak Klitschko, but overall I would say Tyson Fury is the greatest heavyweight in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

There was a rumour on Twitter on Friday that Furys cut had opened recently, dunno if it was that or something else

• Registered Users Posts: 38,371 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Torino wrote:
    I would like to see Tyson Fury versus A peak Vitak Klitschko, but overall I would say Tyson Fury is the greatest heavyweight in history.
    Vitali in his prime would pummel him, same with Lennox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Here's iron mike showing, telling us how to beat fury.

https://youtu.be/CJ35SDcEEkI

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

eagle eye wrote: »

Agreed. Lewis goes down as the most complete heavyweight of the last few decades. A rare specimen.

Fury is fun to watch though - enormous credit must go to him for getting back in shape and more importantly getting his head straight to be able to compete at the top level again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Torino wrote: »

Easy thing to say but I wouldn't be so sure. Tyson easily beat his brother in his own back yard and Fury has improved a lot since then.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Easy thing to say but I wouldn't be so sure. Tyson easily beat his brother in his own back yard and Fury has improved a lot since then.

Spoken like somebody who’s never watched that fight. A young Fury beat an old Wladimir (not easily either mind you) Vitali probably could have came out of retirement a few years ago and still beaten Fury.

This current crop of heavyweights is being insanely overhyped from AJ to Wilder to Fury. Some serious gick being spouted on this forum since the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Spoken like somebody who’s never watched that fight. A young Fury beat an old Wladimir (not easily either mind you) Vitali probably could have came out of retirement a few years ago and still beaten Fury.

This current crop of heavyweights is being insanely overhyped from AJ to Wilder to Fury. Some serious gick being spouted on this forum since the fight.

Serious g1ck...

Most first time blow ins, and most getting into hissy fits at the mere thought of Fury being critiqued...

It's bonkers, but not at all surprising....been here a long time...
    :)

• Advertisement

Hard to say , who do you think is Vitali's best win ?

Vitai's biggest fight was Lewis , who was 38 at the time ,

You could argue this generation of heavy weights have better competition ,

Some people think AJ has already fought better competition than Vitali ever did ,

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

walshb wrote: »
    Serious g1ck...

Most first time blow ins, and most getting into hissy fits at the mere thought of Fury being critiqued...

Right...wonder you didn't use the word "casual"
    Boxing must be the only sport in the world that has this snobbery. All fans and their views are welcome.

Butson wrote: »
    Right...wonder you didn't use the word "casual"
    Boxing must be the only sport in the world that has this snobbery. All fans and their views are welcome.

Of course they are welcome; but I will still call out some blow ins who have nothing to offer other than nuthuggery of certain boxers...

This forum attracts them on big fights like flies to sh1t.

Of course they are welcome; but I will still call out some blow ins who have nothing to offer other than nuthuggery of certain boxers...

This forum attracts them on big fights like flies to sh1t.

I’m sure the MMA forum is the same whenever McGregor is fighting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Lewis for sure but Vitali i'm not so sure I mean who did he beat that was any use? Lots of bums on his record couldn't get the job done against a near 40 year old Lewis?

LL murders Fury within 3 rds tops.

Vitali was not near the type puncher/aggressor that Lewis was

Methodical beat-down type puncher. Slow enough as well....

I'd still back him against Fury via TKO.....He would walks Fury down and punish him throughout. Vitali was fit, busy, very strong and had heavy hands...

I'd still back him against Fury via TKO.....He would walks Fury down and punish him throughout. Vitali was fit, busy, very strong and had heavy hands...

Impossible to know how these fantasy fights , its a fun conversation but there's never a right or wrong ,

Very few one gave Fury a prayer v Wlad or Wilder

What gives you the impression I never watched the fight? I watched it live, check the thread. Vlad barely through the right hand all night. It was an easy night for him and as Fury says he was beaten by a fat man.

Vitali gets regularly over rated. Same was happening to Vlad until Fury took his belts. The same Vitali who struggled past a young Del Boy?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

just because you post a lot in the boxing forum doesnt make your opinion worth any more than anyone elses, in fact you get it so wrong, it probably devalues it.

Saying LL would murder fury in 3 is nonsense, Lewis lost to two very average heavyweights, he was good but he wasnt that good. His big wins were against non prime versions of Evander, tyson and Vitali and was lucky to get the win against Vitali because of the cut.

The version of fury we saw sat night would be very competitive against either Lewis or Klitschko.

There always a huge issues comparing guys while they are still fighting to guys of the past,

You don't have the full book yet so impossible to judge,

Lewis is thought of more now than when he actually fought ,
    Vitali was looked more impressive when he fought than when you look back now,

Its very hard to say how good a guy is until he is done, Even guys they fought and beat could go on to look like great wins or a win against a bum, Next to impossible to judge guys when there in the middle of there own time wait till there done

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    just because you post a lot in the boxing forum doesnt make your opinion worth any more than anyone elses, in fact you get it so wrong, it probably devalues it.

Keep your pants on. I never said my opinion mattered more than anyone else's. You may want to see that I did, but I didn't.

I just happen to think that best versions of LL takes Fury out within 3 rds. You disagree......grand....

The version of Fury the other night was against Wilder, who is leagues behind a prime Lewis...

If Fury remotely considered that tactic, he'd be sparked clean out by Lewis.

I take it you have watched LL in his prime and in his career?

Fury's best chance v Lewis would be like the Wlad fight and like Wilder 1.....I still think he'd get knocked out, but it would be his best tactic.

Oh, and in case anyone thinks I am singling out Fury: LL murders every active HW today.

And Fury has the best chance out of all them....

What gives you the impression I never watched the fight? I watched it live, check the thread. Vlad barely through the right hand all night. It was an easy night for him and as Fury says he was beaten by a fat man.

Vitali gets regularly over rated. Same was happening to Vlad until Fury took his belts. The same Vitali who struggled past a young Del Boy?

Nah knocking Wilder out the other night was an easy night for him, barely outpointing an old Wlad was not an easy night. Fury says a lot of things.

Neither of the klitschkos were over rated, they dominated the game for years to the point where heavyweight boxing was at unwatchable levels of boredom.

The version of fury we saw sat night would be very competitive against either Lewis or Klitschko.

That version of Fury could probably knock out anybody. But how often are we gonna see that version of him and why haven’t we seen it until now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Keep your pants on. I never said my opinion mattered more than anyone else's. You may want to see that I did, but I didn't.

I just happen to think that best versions of LL takes Fury out within 3 rds. You disagree......grand....

The version of Fury the other night was against Wilder, who is leagues behind a prime Lewis...

If Fury remotely considered that tactic, he'd be sparked clean out by Lewis.

I take it you have watched LL in his prime and in his career?

Fury's best chance v Lewis would be like the Wlad fight and like Wilder 1.....I still think he'd get knocked out, but it would be his best tactic.

Oh, and in case anyone thinks I am singling out Fury: LL murders every active HW today.

And Fury has the best chance out of all them....

Lewis is an all time great, possibly the most effective of them all. Fury has done very well so far and has much more to do before he could be considered in the same sentence. I agree he would have the most adaptable game to take on Lewis but in any fight I've seen Fury he's been hittable and Lewis had so much power that often the one puck was curtains. He wasn't swinging from his knees either the huge right was always timed perfectly. But having said that, Fury would possess some advantages. He;s a bit taller and heavier and I think has better footwork than even the best Lewis. I think he'd give him a fight but ultimately I can't see anything other than a Lewis victory. Of all the boxers I've watched I could never, ever warm to Lewis so it pains me to say all of this. No bias.

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Lewis is an all time great, possibly the most effective of them all. Fury has done very well so far and has much more to do before he could be considered in the same sentence. I agree he would have the most adaptable game to take on Lewis but in any fight I've seen Fury he's been hittable and Lewis had so much power that often the one puck was curtains. He wasn't swinging from his knees either the huge right was always timed perfectly. But having said that, Fury would possess some advantages. He;s a bit taller and heavier and I think has better footwork than even the best Lewis. I think he'd give him a fight but ultimately I can't see anything other than a Lewis victory. Of all the boxers I've watched I could never, ever warm to Lewis so it pains me to say all of this. No bias.

Fury's problems with LL are that Lewis was so strong in close, very good inside, very rough inside.....

Now, outside, he had a huge span, reach, and power. He can actually hit Fury long, mid and close.....I see it as a no escape for Fury....

His best chance is to stink the joint out on defence, but that won't give him any chance of victory. His height and good radar, maybe allowing him avoid, ride and take the power from LLs shots for the night....

Points it would be 118-110 type scores......but, really, a KO is much more likely.

Be like a small Floyd fighting a Hearns at WW......Or McCallum at JMW.....Stinking the joint out to survive.

Serious g1ck...

No worse than "the regulars" getting all worked up that their beloved Vitali might lose a fight that will never happen ;)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

No worse than "the regulars" getting all worked up that their beloved Vitali might lose a fight that will never happen ;)

What regulars are getting "worked up?"

Is picking Vitali to win, an example of regulars getting worked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Lewis won a world title after his 22nd fight, in his subsequent 22 fights he ended a fight on or before the 3rd round 3 times, the fighters he finished that quickly were Golota, Botha and Grant.

And you want me to take you seriously when you say that LL will take Fury out in 3.

Thats fanciful.

Lewis won a world title after his 22nd fight, in his subsequent 22 fights he ended a fight on or before the 3rd round 3 times, the fighters he finished that quickly were Golota, Botha and Grant.

And you want me to take you seriously when you say that LL will take Fury out in 3.

Thats fanciful.

3, 2, 1......pick any round....Fury, for me won't see the final bell....

You do realize that it takes a split second to KO-TKO someone, no? Why can't that split second be in any round?

If he did go the distance, it would be a clear unanimous decision..

Have you any actual boxing-fight analysis on it, or are you just looking at boxrec and going from there?

And I never asked anyone to take me seriously.....again, seeing things that aren't there.

• Advertisement

Wilder is making himself a laughing stock ,
    What a poor excuse

Advertisement