Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Wilder is making himself a laughing stock ,
    What a poor excuse

I've always considered him a bit dim and now he is proving it. I can see him being served up some serious KOs if he continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I've always considered him a bit dim and now he is proving it. I can see him being served up some serious KOs if he continues.

Did anyone notice before the fight anytime it went to his locker oom he was pacing up and down , must have been for a good hour and a half,
    While Fury was crashed out on the sofa in the other room looking like he was round a mates for a cuppa and natter ,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

walshb wrote: »
    3, 2, 1......pick any round....Fury, for me won't see the final bell....

You do realize that it takes a split second to KO-TKO someone, no? Why can't that split second be in any round?

If he did go the distance, it would be a clear unanimous decision..

Have you any actual boxing-fight analysis on it, or are you just looking at boxrec and going from there?

And I never asked anyone to take me seriously.....again, seeing things that aren't there.

pick any round, clearly not when LL couldnt get less talented HW out of their quicker its very unlikely that he would do that to an unbeaten fury who has beaten 2 men with 28 HW title defences to their name.

Dont let your biases get in the way.

ill leave you do the "boxing-fight analysis" whatever that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Did anyone notice before the fight anytime it went to his locker oom he was pacing up and down , must have been for a good hour and a half,
    While Fury was crashed out on the sofa in the other room looking like he was round a mates for a cuppa and natter ,

Yeah maybe the occasion just got to him?

Wilder is totally unique though. From his last 5 fights - 37 rounds - hes won maybe 5 or 6 rounds.

Keep your pants on. I never said my opinion mattered more than anyone else's. You may want to see that I did, but I didn't.

I just happen to think that best versions of LL takes Fury out within 3 rds. You disagree......grand....

The version of Fury the other night was against Wilder, who is leagues behind a prime Lewis...

If Fury remotely considered that tactic, he'd be sparked clean out by Lewis.

I take it you have watched LL in his prime and in his career?

Fury's best chance v Lewis would be like the Wlad fight and like Wilder 1.....I still think he'd get knocked out, but it would be his best tactic.

Oh, and in case anyone thinks I am singling out Fury: LL murders every active HW today.

And Fury has the best chance out of all them....

I think one thing that is over looked in these type of discussing is that Fury is yet to lose, Any time we think he will he changes it up completely and wins,

On the same note are we just going to pretend Lewis losses didn't happen ? If Rahmen can Ko him Wilder can , AJ Can , eve Tyson of Saturday can

McCaul had no business beating Lewis yet he did so it shows he can be beat even when it "seems " everything is in his favour,

We have seen Lewis can have bad nights

Iv no idea who would win my point is I wouldn't write off either fighter,

• Advertisement

I think one thing that is over looked in these type of discussing is that Fury is yet to lose, Any time we think he will he changes it up completely and wins,

On the same note are we just going to pretend Lewis losses didn't happen ? If Rahmen can Ko him Wilder can , AJ Can , eve Tyson of Saturday can

McCaul had no business beating Lewis yet he did so it shows he can be beat even when it "seems " everything is in his favour,

exactly

you wouldnt pick one to wipe the other out in 3 rounds at least....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder could land a KO blow on Lewis. I think Lewis lands it first 9-10 times for an early KO win.....

Honestly, Fury does not throw or deliver the type shots to KO Lewis with one shot. He could hurt him, but he doesn't throw those type power shots...he doesn't possess that type power.

The shots that dropped and beat Lewis were monster type power shots. Lights out power shots. Wilder esque...

AJ could really hurt Lewis, but I'd be confident that Lewis gets to him 99 times from 100 for the KO....

Cyrus wrote: »
    exactly

you wouldnt pick one to wipe the other out in 3 rounds at least....

Why could Lewis not find Fury's chin in 9 minutes or less? Find it, dent it badly, and if not one shot, follow up?

Take this one: Joe Louis v Mike Tyson.....

I have Tyson in that in about 2 minutes tops....why? He's a horrible match for Louis. He finds Louis chin very early and clean knocks him out. No feeling out, searching, warming up. Straight in, finds the chin, and Louis does not take it...

I don't think Lewis will struggle for too long to nail Fury hard. clean, and if need be, follow up...

BTW, I am not comparing Lewis and his style to Mike Tyson and his.

Why could Lewis not find Fury's chin in 9 minutes or less? Find it, dent it badly, and if not one shot, follow up?

Take this one: Joe Louis v Mike Tyson.....

I have Tyson in that in about 2 minutes tops....why? He's a horrible match for Louis. He finds Louis chin very early and clean knocks him out. No feeling out, searching, warming up. Straight in, finds the chin, and Louis does not take it...

I don't think Lewis will struggle for too long to nail Fury hard. clean, and if need be, follow up...

because it took him longer than that to find worse fighters chins, thats if he found them at all thats why.

Wilder could land a KO blow on Lewis. I think Lewis lands it first 9-10 times for an early KO win.....

Honestly, Fury does not throw or deliver the type shots to KO Lewis with one shot. He could hurt him, but he doesn't throw those type power shots...he doesn't possess that type power.

The shots that dropped and beat Lewis were monster type power shots. Lights out power shots. Wilder esque...

AJ could really hurt Lewis, but I'd be confident that Lewis gets to him 99 times from 100 for the KO....

There also guys who aren't nearly as good as Fury who Lewis didn't KO

Would I be right in saying the only person near Fury's size that Lennox fought was Vitali ? who was beating him on a 3 cards although late in Lennox career

I wouldn't be as confident as you are on Lewis walking through Fury ,

Again id favour Lewis but wouldn't surprise me if Fury beat him ,

• Advertisement

Well, then it's down the later route of KO mid to late rds, or very clear UD...

Either way, I'd make Lewis a firm favorite 9-10 times to win...

Well, then it's down the later route of KO mid to late rds, or very clear UD...

Either way, I'd make Lewis a firm favorite 9-10 times to win...

keep going and youll have covered most eventualities

which isnt surprising :D

keep going and youll have covered most eventualities

which isnt surprising :D

You do realize it’s a fantasy fight?

It won’t actually happen.

There are no eventualities...

You do realize it’s a fantasy fight?

It won’t actually happen.

There are no eventualities...

yeah funny how you can be so sure about a fantasy fight then isnt it

then row back

:pac:

yeah funny how you can be so sure about a fantasy fight then isnt it

then row back

:pac:

Row back?

My pick is 3 rds tops...One off fight...

If they fought 100 times I’d back Lewis almost every time....

There could be a host of different win types...

It would be silly to say all 100 fights are Lewis 3 rds tops, but maybe 25 or so 0-3 rds; 25, 4-6 rds; 25, 7-10 rds; 15, 11-12 rds.; 10 fights on points. 4 for Fury, and one via KO, and 5 for Lewis..

95-5 for Lewis overall..

Btw, have you given a pick, or are you just disagreeing with my pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

its amazing that frank warren and eddie hearn have never actually met.
    i wonder if the current new state of affairs could change that.

dougm1970 wrote: »
    its amazing that frank warren and eddie hearn have never actually met.
    i wonder if the current new state of affairs could change that.

Was thinking the same myself..

Wouldn’t it be great, and quite normal if the four of them met, had a good chat and simply made the fight...

Win win for everyone..leave all the egos and posturing at the door.

Let’s have a mega fight in England and we’ll all make a heap of cash...and give the fans what they want, as well as deciding who is the top dog..

It should be this simple..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wouldn’t it be great, and quite normal if the four of them met, had a good chat and simply made the fight...

Let’s have a mega fight in England and we’ll all make a heap of cash...and give the fans what they want, as well as deciding who is the top dog..

If it did happen what network would have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

this could be an unprecedented situation that could force a non-title fight between fury v aj....promoted as for the true lineal title....the fight would be just as big...without sanctioning fee percentages and without issues with rematch clauses or manditory defences of belts to be concerned with.

blade1 wrote: »
    If it did happen what network would have it?

Whatever the four of them agree to..

I think dual network would work. Like Lewis-Tyson and Floyd-Manny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Whatever the four of them agree to..

I think dual network would work. Like Lewis-Tyson and Floyd-Manny!

Even Fury vs Wilder was dual network in the states.

With BT now on the Sky platform, the UK side should be no issue.

Row back?

My pick is 3 rds tops...One off fight...

If they fought 100 times I’d back Lewis almost every time....

There could be a host of different win types...

It would be silly to say all 100 fights are Lewis 3 rds tops, but maybe 25 or so 0-3 rds; 25, 4-6 rds; 25, 7-10 rds; 15, 11-12 rds.; 10 fights on points. 4 for Fury, and one via KO, and 5 for Lewis..

95-5 for Lewis overall..

Btw, have you given a pick, or are you just disagreeing with my pick?

Have I given my pick for the fantasy fight that could never happen ?

What’s the point it’s a total nonsense :D

I see talk of Floyd coming into Wilders camp.
    I reckon its Floyd just trying to keep his name out there,
    Wilder aint learning anything from Floyd that he will actually use well in a fight that's what 4 months away ?

I see talk of Floyd coming into Wilders camp.
    I reckon its Floyd just trying to keep his name out there,
    Wilder aint learning anything from Floyd that he will actually use well in a fight that's what 4 months away ?

Funny stuff...

Be hilarious if Wilder stunk the joint out with the shoulder roll...

But seriously, Wilder does need to know how to use his body better when in close vs. a man 40 lbs heavier.....

There sure can be tweaks and tricks here for him..

But overall, he will either KO Fury in July or lose on points or by KO himself...

Wait for it.....the time I pick Fury to win, and he gets sparked out!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Joyce Dubois April 11th
    Whyte Povektin May 2nd
    Usyk Chisora May 23rd
    Joshua Pulev June 20th
    Fury Wilder July 18th

Some few months ahead. hopefully matchroom throw Hunter/Hrgovic/Parker/Bakole/Fury together on undercards

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Joyce vs Dubois the pick of the bunch there for me.

The Nal wrote: »
    Joyce vs Dubois the pick of the bunch there for me.

Usyk v Chisora for me has the most intrest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

But seriously, Wilder does need to know how to use his body better when in close vs. a man 40 lbs heavier.....

He needs to know how to use his body better vs a costume weighing 40lbs . :pac:

• Advertisement

Usyk v Chisora for me has the most intrest

It will be a very very one sided beatdown...

Do you mean interest in terms of the landscape?

Chisora likely gets stopped late on after taking a steady hammering, as soon as Usyk gets going

Chisora, of course, like a lot of HWs has a chance to score a KO....

Advertisement