Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Joshua does not think things through.
    Is he going to cut ties with Eddie, and his sponsors, to exclusively support black owned businesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

So Tyson Fury has parted way with Daniel Kinahan.
    I wonder is he bucking with Tyson Fury over that video now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

The Nal wrote: »
    Wonder when Dubois vs Joyce will be back on.

Looks like this is on in October now

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/daniel-dubois-vs-joe-joyce-in-london-on-october-24

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

That’s a bit of good news. If big events like that can go ahead it will be great. I think that’s London marathon date as well but the O2 is well out of the city. In that link they say Joyce’s best win is Stiverne... I disagree I’d have the Jennings win well above that.

Whyte vs Povetkin confirmed for August 22nd in Eddie’s garden (and on Box office).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Whyte vs Povetkin confirmed for August 22nd in Eddie’s garden (and on Box office).

This box office lark is really scraping the end of the barrell these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Can't wait for this. Should be an exciting fight.

(Said nobody ever)

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Can't wait for this. Should be an exciting fight.

(Said nobody ever)

Vada testing has been suspended for the last 3 month too...

Miller popped for PEDs again

Miller popped for PEDs again

Saw that. What an ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,598 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Morrison J wrote: »
    Quigg is past it and was never a big fan of Farmer. If you're genuine world class you should be beating Tevin Farmer imo.

Agreed. Farmer is/was an average WC, and beat Jono fairly handily..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

For those who dont know, Mike Tyson has a Podcast called Hotboxin.

There a couple of good Interviews with Michael Buffer and Shannon Briggs.

https://youtu.be/DPRXnzOjggA

https://youtu.be/huLFf1RJssc

He also shows how not to social distance while on Venice Beach recently.
    https://youtu.be/4HZjvBli3Dc

For those who dont know, Mike Tyson has a Podcast called Hotboxin.

There a couple of good Interviews with Michael Buffer and Shannon Briggs.

https://youtu.be/DPRXnzOjggA

https://youtu.be/huLFf1RJssc

He also shows how not to social distance while on Venice Beach recently.
    https://youtu.be/4HZjvBli3Dc

The man is nauseating. I can stomach no more than ten seconds of him speaking.

walshb wrote: »
    The man is nauseating. I can stomach no more than ten seconds of him speaking.

He's a parody at this stage. He keeps trying to sound enlightened and philosophical but it's all a con.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Whatever about Tyson his co presenter seems to be permanently out of it as he all he says is "interesting" in that stoned voice.

Zero interest. The only Tyson worth seeing is the one on YouTube from 25 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jnr. 8 round exhibition. September 12th on PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Sad and unnecessary and Ill steer clear of it

Oh and Jones merks him, Tyson legs are like two, stiff planks of wood when he's seen walking, Jones can still move

Sad and unnecessary and Ill steer clear of it

Oh and Jones merks him, Tyson legs are like two, stiff planks of wood when he's seen walking, Jones can still move

Tyson lands with any type technique and power and Jones folds yet again.

His chin was never great. His great athleticism and speed and ability to not take real clean shots saved him...when he lost that bit of athleticism, and fighters found the chin, he folded, several times...

You will hear the usual excuse that the weight gain and loss was the issue....utter horse****. He got knocked out clean several times when still a "relatively" young man.

Jones is a has-been nobody now. Tyson is a has-been nobody now...

But, problem for Jones is that Tyson can still hit hard enough to knock him out, and this time, Jones is so well past it, that even a old man like Mike may still find the chin.

But, this all based on them actually committing, and not pretend sparring.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

walshb wrote: »
    Tyson lands with any type technique and power and Jones folds yet again.

His chin was never great. His great athleticism and speed and ability to not take real clean shots saved him...when he lots that bit of athleticism, and fighters found the chin, he folded, several times...

You will hear the usual excuse that the weight gain and loss was the issue....utter horse****. He got knocked out clean several times when still a young man

Jones is a has-been nobody now. Tyson is a has-been nobody now...

But, problem for Jones is that Tyson can still hit hard enough to knock him out, and this time, Jones is so well past it, that even a old man like Mike may still find the chin.

But, this all based on them actually committing, and not pretend sparring.

To be fair there's no point trying to break down the fight both are 9n a jocker at this stage so it's just sad really

• Advertisement

To be fair there's no point trying to break down the fight both are 9n a jocker at this stage so it's just sad really

I reckon both just ponce around and tickle each other for 8 rds, looking like absolute sacks of Sh1t..

It's not just sad, it shouldn't be allowed.
    Both men are asking for trouble.

I don't know anything about the rules on exhibition bouts. How are these bouts officiated? How serious are the fighters supposed to take it?

What happens if one guy is joking around for a paycheck and the other sees it as an opportunity to do harm?

It would me more interesting and probably benefit the fighters more if they collaborated and went around giving Training+ Skills Exhibitions in a similar way to how Footballers run Skills camps.

Both men are of dubious character anyway. Tyson's crimes are well known and he's been using Cannabis for a good while now although off other stuff so that can't help his reflexes.

Jones was a guy I could never take to at all. Always had that Roid look and breeds dogs for fighting like his mate Michael Vick.

It's not just sad, it shouldn't be allowed.
    Both men are asking for trouble.

I don't know anything about the rules on exhibition bouts. How are these bouts officiated? How serious are the fighters supposed to take it?

What happens if one guy is joking around for a paycheck and the other sees it as an opportunity to do harm?

It would me more interesting and probably benefit the fighters more if they collaborated and went around giving Training+ Skills Exhibitions in a similar way to how Footballers run Skills camps.

Both men are of dubious character anyway. Tyson's crimes are well known and he's been using Cannabis for a good while now although off other stuff so that can't help his reflexes.

Jones was a guy I could never take to at all. Always had that Roid look and breeds dogs for fighting like his mate Michael Vick.

It may be arranged WWF style.....poncing around with nobody serioulsy getting hurt

Both men be lucky to get past three rds at a decent fighting pace anyway...

I want to see Tyson lose it and starting biting people ears off if I'm paying.

Anyone watching Joyce?

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Anyone watching Joyce?

He looked terrible.

He looked terrible.

Like a lad ready to embrace retirement. You’d have thought that he’d have had enough discipline during lockdown to maintain some kind of shape. At 35 you can’t yo-yo weight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

I can understand why some people would want to watch, loved both in their prime but they may as well be different people at this stage. Can’t believe this would be PPV. I’d find this a tough watch, a KO wouldn’t do either of these good

• Advertisement

He looked terrible.

He did. Hoping Dubois destroys him.

Advertisement