Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Be interesting to see what Dubois does in his warm up

The Nal wrote: »
    He did. Hoping Dubois destroys him.

When David Haye is talking about Joyce having to survive the early rounds it would indicate he doesn’t have much confidence in him. He wants to tip him but not to look foolish. I originally felt Joyce would be a huge test but not after watching that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

squinn2912 wrote: »
    When David Haye is talking about Joyce having to survive the early rounds it would indicate he doesn’t have much confidence in him. He wants to tip him but not to look foolish. I originally felt Joyce would be a huge test but not after watching that

It’s actually mental how slow his hands are, Dubois will beat him to the jab every single time

It’s actually mental how slow his hands are, Dubois will beat him to the jab every single time

Yea it looks really unnatural almost like there’s a delay from brain to arm. He does throw a lot and has power but It takes so long. the cockiness is beyond me too. The best he moves is the backflip afterwards. Hands low, poor effort to use reflexes... Dubois will cement him. If that happens then where does he go?

So I see Dillian has weighed in 2st6 heavier than AP. Anyone going to get it? I’m tempted. I went over to the Rivas fight last year and I’d be more into seeing AP than him. Both look pretty trim I’d say it’ll be an exciting fight that will test Whyte defensively. Last day out I thought AP was finished so it’ll be interesting to see if that’s confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,708 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So I see Dillian has weighed in 2st6 heavier than AP. Anyone going to get it? I’m tempted. I went over to the Rivas fight last year and I’d be more into seeing AP than him. Both look pretty trim I’d say it’ll be an exciting fight that will test Whyte defensively. Last day out I thought AP was finished so it’ll be interesting to see if that’s confirmed.

AVP has been done for ages now,
    It's gimme fight for Whyte with a decent name,

I just hope to God he doesn't start calling out Fury no one wants to see it we all want AJ v Fury , Hearn will want it two fights with Fury for his fighters will earn him buckets loads of cash ,

If Fury is made fight him as a mandatory I wouldn't be surprised if Fury just hands over the title ,
    He wants AJ I don't think he cares about belts he just wants to be the No1

• Registered Users Posts: 55,363 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have it..

25 euro. Feck it. I spend that on coffee every week..

Povetkin is clearly past it, but Whyte is muck..

Whyte probably win, but AP win would not shock me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Povetkin is finished i think, whyte should have enough about him to knock him out, but as for Whyte in a rematch against AJ or against Fury

forget about it, he is a class below them.

walshb wrote: »
    I have it..

25 euro. Feck it. I spend that in coffee every week..

I think I'll watch a movie turn the phone off and get up before the kids on Sunday and watch it online ,

I can't bring myself to pay for them two in someone's back garden :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Povetkin was fairly shook by Hunter but fought back well to earn the draw (on another night could have been a loss)

Enjoyed watching him a fight a few times, hopefully he can put on a performance but looked shot last time.

I think I'll watch a movie turn the phone off and get up before the kids on Sunday and watch it online ,

I can't bring myself to pay for them two in someone's back garden :D

Yeh...pitiful that it is PPV

But Katie-Persoon has that bit of edge and controversy to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Think it'll be a decent fight to be honest but seeing Whyte in good shape at the weigh in today makes me confident he'll get the job done. Can see him having to overcome a couple of hairy moments but should win either via late stoppage or on points. Whyte can definitely be hurt but he's tough and when his gas tank is up to scratch you get the feeling you'd need to put a serious dent in him to get him out of there. Povetkin can definitely do that but it's been 5 years since he's knocked out anyone better than David Price. Fancy Whyte to beat this version of him.

Can't see how Katie loses as long as she boxes smart this time. Persoon coming off injury and a short camp too. Think Katie on points is a banker tbh.

Not suggesting anything but durning lock down would fighter have been spot tested?

Not suggesting anything but durning lock down would fighter have been spot tested?

You are suggesting something and you’re probably right! Those lads love helpers so I guess it’s an even playing field!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,986 ✭✭✭normanoffside

You are suggesting something and you’re probably right! Those lads love helpers so I guess it’s an even playing field!

Povetkin didn’t look physically impressive at the weighin anyway. When he was juicing he was 5lbs heavier and with a 6 pack

Povetkin didn’t look physically impressive at the weighin anyway. When he was juicing he was 5lbs heavier and with a 6 pack

He’s a bit older now though...

I’d say he’s clean, but comparing images today with years ago, and mentioning 5 lbs (which a small person can fluctuate with in 24 hours) means nothing..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭blade1

What are ye all going for lads?
    I'd say White in 5/6.
    Not a fan of his at all though and would be glad to see him put on his hole.

I think AVP is smaller than he used to be all over
    Its Whyte I'd be worried about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

blade1 wrote: »
    What are ye all going for lads?
    I'd say White in 5/6.
    Not a fan of his at all though and would be glad to see him put on his hole.

Why do you give either of these respect. They are both juicers.

• Advertisement

Why do you give either of these respect. They are both juicers.
    Huh?
    What are u on about?

Huh?
    What are u on about?

By showing any interest in this fight people give these cheaters credibilty.

By showing any interest in this fight people give these cheaters credibilty.

You've just shown interest yourself if you're looking at the thread.:pac:

Do yourself a favour :pac:

You've just shown interest yourself if you're looking at the thread.:pac:

Do yourself a favour :pac:

I'm intersted in Boxing. This thread is not about Whyte or Povetkin.

They are known juicers and should not be allowed box. The same goes for Fury and any other juicers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

They are known juicers and should not be allowed box. The same goes for Fury and any other juicers.

Think I hear what you're saying

They should set up an "all you can juice" boxing division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Sky have gone live with the first free half hour.

Weather is not looking good very windy and rainy. Talking about boxing like horse racing. Going good to firm.

Frig it I paid the score. Rank weather yea.
    I think Whyte 7/8 but as has been suggested AP winning wouldn’t surprise me. If he could get to aj he can get to whyte. I thought both looked decent at the weigh in pov is in good nick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,986 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Frig it I paid the score. Rank weather yea.
    I think Whyte 7/8 but as has been suggested AP winning wouldn’t surprise me. If he could get to aj he can get to whyte. I thought both looked decent at the weigh in pov is in good nick

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058106763

It is for now.
    And show me where I gave the respect you said I did to them.

Is it just juicers are not allowed be spoken of or is it all crimes?

• Advertisement

Use the fight thread, lads!

Advertisement