Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

walshb wrote: »
    Usyk same weight as a prime Tyson...

Interestingly also the exact same weight as George Foreman when he Knocked out Frazier

• Registered Users Posts: 55,597 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Interestingly also the exact same weight as George Foreman when he Knocked out Frazier

Yes

Young George was a huge HW at that time, albeit weighing not all that massive....

Older Ali in and around these weights as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Not sure why all the hate on Derek ,
    He's not a top 5 heavy weight but he's probably top 10 in the world not bad not bad at all , Gives anyone outside of the top 3 a good fight ,

I like tomorrows fight , I think its a perfect gauge finder for Usyk in the heavy weight division

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Usyk same weight as a prime Tyson...

Chisora a sack a sh1t.

Chisora the same weight as a prime Tyson Fury :p

Cyrus wrote: »
    Chisora the same weight as a prime Tyson Fury :p

Little shy of that lad.....

• Advertisement

Not sure why all the hate on Derek ,
    He's not a top 5 heavy weight but he's probably top 10 in the world not bad not bad at all , Gives anyone outside of the top 3 a good fight ,

I like tomorrows fight , I think its a perfect gauge finder for Usyk in the heavy weight division

He is fooking sh1t!!!

He is fooking sh1t!!!

I disagree with that he's probably top 10 in the world ,Not sure how that is **** ?

Yes he'll never be champion but he can certainly be used to make good fights and help the division build new challengers ,

|I just think the fight makes so much sense , Lets everyone see how Usyk will fair in the division

Don't forget the two champions are English so Usyk fighting a top ten English ranked fighter gets him on the map with the arm chair audience ,
    Should he win well they can build a fight for him against AJ or Fury ,

To me the fight makes all kind of sense , personally id have preferred Whyte but he's busy

I don’t care how Chisora is ranked...

He is as I said...

Anyway, I am a sucker. Paid 25 euro to watch him..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Does 217 make you worry that he isnt commited to heavyweaight

He could still cut to cruiser. I would have expected him to put on more muscle

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Does 217 make you worry that he isnt commited to heavyweaight

He could still cut to cruiser. I would have expected him to put on more muscle

217 is not that small

He has to do what is best for his overall body and overall chances....

Usyk won't be planning on winning titles with his size and strength anyway

It will be with his feet, speed and volume......

The extra 15-20 lbs he has put on is to give him some added weight for any type of assistance here, that is all....But don't expect him to be intentionally trying to use this in fights...

• Advertisement

217 is not that small

He has to do what is best for his overall body and overall chances....

Usyk won't be planning on winning titles with his size and strength anyway

It will be with his feet, speed and volume......

The extra 15-20 lbs he has put on is to give him some added weight for any type of assistance here, that is all....But don't expect him to be intentionally trying to use this in fights...

I think your spot on here, he's probably put on as much weight as possible for extras power without compromising his agility ,speed and timing ,

He did say at the weigh in he'd like to be a little bit heavier but probably talking a couple of pounds,

As much as I don’t rate plodder Del Boy, a win via KO/TKO should not be a big shock to anyone.

Usyk still yet to show anything at HW..

I expect Usyk to have far too much speed, movement, range, fitness and volume..

And if he does have a solid chin I give him a 99.9 percent chance of victory..

Plodder’s only hope is a KO...

Usyk ability to either avoid or take the shots is what needs verifying..

Del will still be useless IMO win/lose or draw..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

As much as I don’t rate plodder Del Boy, a win via KO/TKO should not be a big shock to anyone.

Usyk still yet to show anything at HW..

I expect Usyk to have far too much speed, movement, range, fitness and volume..

And if he does have a solid chin I give him a 99.9 percent chance of victory..

Plodder’s only hope is a KO...

Usyk ability to either avoid or take the shots is what needs verifying..

Del will still be useless IMO win/lose or draw..
    Would genuinely stun me tbh. Usyk took a few big shots from Gassiev. I'd wager Gassiev is a bigger puncher than Chisora. Anything other than a clear Usyk win and I'll be stunned tomorrow. Multiple levels between them.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Would genuinely stun me tbh. Usyk took a few big shots from Gassiev. I'd wager Gassiev is a bigger puncher than Chisora. Anything other than a clear Usyk win and I'll be stunned tomorrow. Multiple levels between them.

Agreed..

My point was that Del Boy has a lucky KO shot. That is all..

I think Del Boy tomorrow will be throwing heavier shots than Gassiev threw to be honest...

Agreed..

My point was that Del Boy has a lucky KO shot. That is all..

I think Del Boy tomorrow will be throwing heavier shots than Gassiev threw to be honest...

Maybe but I nearly think Usyk is too good to even get caught by anything stupid like that. I'd take Gassiev, Hunter and Briedis to beat Chisora handy enough tbh. All guys that Usyk beat pretty clear.

Maybe but I nearly think Usyk is too good to even get caught by anything stupid like that. I'd take Gassiev, Hunter and Briedis to beat Chisora handy enough tbh. All guys that Usyk beat pretty clear.

My thinking, too. Del Boy unlikely gets to land real clean bombs..

And if he does, Usyk could take them..

Breidis did make Usyk work very hard for win. Excellently fought fight..close!

My thinking, too. Del Boy unlikely gets to land real clean bombs..

And if he does, Usyk could take them..

Breidis did make Usyk work very hard for win. Excellently fought fight..close!

Was very competitive alright but I still had that fight scored 8-4 to Usyk though even though he had to work very hard for it. Says a lot given how good a fighter Briedis is tbf.

Was very competitive alright but I still had that fight scored 8-4 to Usyk though even though he had to work very hard for it. Says a lot given how good a fighter Briedis is tbf.

Yes. Deserved winner in a great and competitive scrap..

Love to see a Breidis move up..

Yes. Deserved winner in a great and competitive scrap..

Love to see a Breidis move up..

Didn’t Breidis completely spark out Charr when he moved to heavy previously?
    I wouldn’t have DelBoy much above Charr’s level if at all.

Didn’t Breidis. IMO,Etel y spark out Charr when he moved to heavy previously?
    I wouldn’t have DelBoy much above Charr’s level if at all.

He did. Vicious KO

5/6 years ago now..

I don’t think he ventured HW, at least not properly since

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Looks like Tyson has caused some brain damage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

That is an embarrassment! He spent months in hiding and half learned that off? Ridiculous

Wilder comes out woth, this a week after Fury is signed to fight someone else knowing Fury cant fight him is laughable

So it was his outfit, Fury hit him with an illegal object but his trianer whos saved him betrayed him? But he broke his arm pre fight, Aj ducked me but he offered me more for a fight so i ducked him,

Hes done that it hes done, he cant fight a top heavy weight now without having to do a press conference in which he will be absolutely slaughtered, He'd fall apart before the fight starts

Wilder is a grade A sh1tebag!

Wilder is a grade A sh1tebag!

Glad you've finally called it. No denying it after that pathetic video.

Glad you've finally called it. No denying it after that pathetic video.

I never warmed to him...

Not a likable chap in the slightest!

The video he showed was from the first fight where Fury did no damage.

Calling Marc Breiland Disloyal is a pretty scummy move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

There are no words for that Wilder video. If he actually believes what he's saying there he is a dangerously deluded and susceptible moron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Advertisement