Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,597 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The chap needs his rematch bad!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

What a fool. He talks like he’s in a kids’ cartoon. I reckon he will have one more title fight and that will retire him. Only other way I see is if someone gets stripped and there’s a vacant match up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Weak legs were nothing to do with the shots he was taking :rolleyes:
    Every round his legs felt heavier, had to be sleeping tablets in the water :)

Wilder is taking a leaf out of Trump’s book. If you’re beaten just shout loudly and repetitively and apportion blame everywhere else. He got battered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Wilder is taking a leaf out of Trump’s book. If you’re beaten just shout loudly and repetitively and apportion blame everywhere else. He got battered.

So far it’s been walking to the ring in a heavy costume, egg weight in the gloves, dodgy ref, his trainer spiking his water and betraying him by throwing in the towel. Oh, he also had an injury I think.
    If I was him, even if I was mad enough to believe that crap I still would be embarrassed coming out with it, you’d be smart enough to stick with one excuse, looking forward to next weeks one :D

• Advertisement

colly10 wrote: »
    So far it’s been walking to the ring in a heavy costume, egg weight in the gloves, dodgy ref, his trainer spiking his water and betraying him by throwing in the towel. Oh, he also had an injury I think.
    If I was him, even if I was mad enough to believe that crap I still would be embarrassed coming out with it, you’d be smart enough to stick with one excuse, looking forward to next weeks one :D

I think it’s bs trying not to lose face. Americans don’t follow losers. If the third fight happens what the hell is fury going to put him through in the build up. Wilder would conduct the entire thing with sunglasses on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I think it’s bs trying not to lose face. Americans don’t follow losers. If the third fight happens what the hell is fury going to put him through in the build up. Wilder would conduct the entire thing with sunglasses on

It would be just too easy for Fury. I could almost see Fury going easy on him for this very reason. He knows he is in Wilder's head, so he doesn't need to engage in mind games to get a psychological edge, Wilder has clearly cracked already

All going well, we can now expect an AJ-Usyk fight or an AJ-Fury fight by hopefully nio later than end June, 2021.....if not, they can all fook off..

Hoping Fury and AJ win their next fights, and either they meet or AJ meets Usyk.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Fury vs Kabayal on December 5th it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

His old trainer should sue him after those comments.

Disgraceful accusations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fury should have replied in a video and said ok ye big Dosser iv just faxed you a contract sign it within 48 hours and we can fight on the 5th of December,

There no chance Wilder would have and we'd get another 25 excuses

Fury’s next opponent is utterly dreadful..

A runner and spoiler!

But I am glad. Don’t want any banana skins..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

walshb wrote: »

Never heard of him. 20-0 though.

The Nal wrote: »
    Never heard of him. 20-0 though.

I watched him when he beat Chisora.
    Not very good.
    Chisora was awful that night and he barely squeaked by.

Whyte vs AP II postponed.

AP tested positive for Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Whyte vs AP II postponed.

AP tested positive for Covid

Yes please

https://twitter.com/EddieHearn/status/1323628072499875841?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

walshb wrote: »

A runner and spoiler!

But I am glad. Don’t want any banana skins..

Could be an ugly clash of styles depending on how Fury fights him but Kabayel is a legit top 15 heavyweight. Beat Chisora easy imo. Expected a lot worse than that for a voluntary defence.

US2 wrote: »

No no no ,
    Hearn we all want Fury v AJ stop trying to derail it,

Hearn said Wilder was finished with a loss and didn't deserve a title shot until 2022 , So why the F*ck would Whyte ?

No no no ,

Hearn said Wilder was finished with a loss and didn't deserve a title shot until 2022 , So why the F*ck would Whyte ?

It would be better than seeing Fury face the likes of Takam

It would be better than seeing Fury face the likes of Takam

Not for me I want a nice gimme fight so we the fans get AJ v Fury next
    Its heavy weights anything can happen and that fight is so close just get it over the line now ,

Once that is done than Fury and AJ can fight who they like but boxing needs that fight now while they are in the primes and both have all the belts ,

• Advertisement

Not for me I want a nice gimme fight so we the fans get AJ v Fury next
    Its heavy weights anything can happen and that fight is so close just get it over the line now ,

Once that is done than Fury and AJ can fight who they like but boxing needs that fight now while they are in the primes and both have all the belts ,

A gimmie fight does not interest me. Whyte is a decent challenge, but you'd expect Fury to beat him.

A gimmie fight does not interest me. Whyte is a decent challenge, but you'd expect Fury to beat him.

I'd normally be in the same boat but seen as the fight is 4/5 weeks away ,
    I'll take a gimme fight to get us to see AJ v Fury next, to many times in boxing has the super fight been just there and taken away, We need to see these guys in the prime,

If that means Fury takes a gimmie next month I can live with that,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Michael Hunter wants the Whyte fight. Ideal opponent imo but I'd be surprised if Whyte took that sort of risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Chisora looking for the fight now also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ASOT wrote: »
    Chisora looking for the fight now also.

when-my-dad-went-into-my-room-telling-me-i-should-take-it-easy-on-the-booze-with-my-friends-17295.gif

No no no ,

Fury Aj isn't happening with Corona restrictions. I'd much rather see him fight white than the bum mentioned. I know he's undefeated bum but still a bum

• Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

US2 wrote:
    Fury Aj isn't happening with Corona restrictions. I'd much rather see him fight white than the bum mentioned.
    What bum?

eagle eye wrote: »
    What bum?

Kabayal

• Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

US2 wrote:
    Kabayal

You are calling a guy that's 20-0 a bum?

Is Usyk a bum too? Like they both beat Chisora.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are calling a guy that's 20-0 a bum?

Is Usyk a bum too? Like they both beat Chisora.

Watch his fight with chisorsa and you'll see why he a bum.

Spoiling & holding galore.

Advertisement