Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

ASOT wrote: »
    Watch his fight with chisorsa and you'll see why he a bum.

Spoiling & holding galore.

Beat Chisora a lot clearer than Whyte did tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Morrison J wrote: »
    Beat Chisora a lot clearer than Whyte did tbf

Much more enjoyable fight though imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are calling a guy that's 20-0 a bum?

Is Usyk a bum too? Like they both beat Chisora.

Usyk was an undisputed Unified world champion ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

That’s really thrown the cat among the pigeons! I’d love to see Hunter vs Whyte great match up. If whyte gets fury and beats him then fair play to him what a comeback that would be. If he’s that serious about revenge then he should wait for AP sure another 2 weeks and make the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

squinn2912 wrote: »
    That’s really thrown the cat among the pigeons! I’d love to see Hunter vs Whyte great match up. If whyte gets fury and beats him then fair play to him what a comeback that would be. If he’s that serious about revenge then he should wait for AP sure another 2 weeks and make the fight.

Whyte has almost no chance against fury , he has done well to get himself where he is but he is a limited enough operator.

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    Whyte has almost no chance against fury , he has done well to get himself where he is but he is a limited enough operator.

There isn't many , if any one that has much of a chance against Fury let's be honest. Wasn't Whyte the no1 contender for the Wbc for 2 years without getting his crack at it. I'd like to see him over Kamala anyway.

Is AJ going to fight anyone this year ? I'd like to see him fight Usyk this year and then please God AJ v Fury in the summer

They all fight limited enough operators and as far as limited enough operators go Whyte is as good as any. He beat Parker who was a title holder. I think Whyte Fury is a good fight. Fury I’d expect to win but things change far too quickly making an assertion like ‘almost no chance’ idiotic. Wallin very nearly beat Fury and he’s been on his hole enough times too. Whyte had AP in big trouble even if he was sparked out. An off colour Fury (that happens quite often, he had the fight of his life against Wilder) would have plenty to deal with on Whyte’s best day.

They all fight limited enough operators and as far as limited enough operators go Whyte is as good as any. He beat Parker who was a title holder. I think Whyte Fury is a good fight. Fury I’d expect to win but things change far too quickly making an assertion like ‘almost no chance’ idiotic. Wallin very nearly beat Fury and he’s been on his hole enough times too. Whyte had AP in big trouble even if he was sparked out. An off colour Fury (that happens quite often, he had the fight of his life against Wilder) would have plenty to deal with on Whyte’s best day.

The only way Wailin almost beat fury is if the fight was stopped for the cut , that aside he was well well beaten.

Whyte I like but he is sky hyped I don’t care to see either Joshua (again) or fury beat the lard out of him.

But if that’s what floats your boat .

The only way Wailin almost beat fury is if the fight was stopped for the cut , that aside he was well well beaten.

Whyte I like but he is sky hyped I don’t care to see either Joshua (again) or fury beat the lard out of him.

But if that’s what floats your boat .

Yea that;s it but Fury was a very lucky man that fight wasn’t stopped. Wallin was competitive other than just the cut too I felt even if the decision was correct.

I agree about Whyte and I think he’s an ass but he’s easily as good as some of the available opponents and a good deal better than most. Much better than the poor fool he’s signed up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,597 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Morrison J wrote: »
    Michael Hunter wants the Whyte fight. Ideal opponent imo but I'd be surprised if Whyte took that sort of risk.

As opposed to taking a risk against a man who obliterated him a few months ago?!

• Advertisement

Yea that;s it but Fury was a very lucky man that fight wasn’t stopped. Wallin was competitive other than just the cut too I felt even if the decision was correct.

I agree about Whyte and I think he’s an ass but he’s easily as good as some of the available opponents and a good deal better than most. Much better than the poor fool he’s signed up for.

Yes I’d agree he should be better than the German guy and I suppose if fury fought and beat him that puts and to that hype train for good probably , Eddie can go back to positioning Dave Allen for a ppv :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ASOT wrote:
    Watch his fight with chisorsa and you'll see why he a bum.

Spoiling & holding galore.
    He's still 20-0, he's not a bum. How you can have the temerity to call an unbeaten fighter a bum is beyond me.
    A bum is a fighter beaten many times just trying to scrape a living.

Personally don't like calling any fighter that but the description is s used for really low level fighters and not for guys who'd be getting in the ring with fighters like Chisora or Rudenko.

He is a very average boxer! There..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

We don't know what level he is being honest. He's beaten everybody he's faced. I know we can form opinions based on what he's done to this point but we really don't know his level yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

walshb wrote: »
    As opposed to taking a risk against a man who obliterated him a few months ago?!

Well yeah, he has no option but to rematch Povetkin really in order to get his mandatory spot back. Hunter would be high risk with little reward really.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Whyte v Derek 3
    Whyte te bewn talking crap about his corner the last 2 days and Derek is ready to go so why not

Whyte v Derek 3
    Whyte te bewn talking crap about his corner the last 2 days and Derek is ready to go so why not

Not for me...

Btw, you see Usyk-Chisora?

Don’t recall your verdict-assessment..

Not for me...

Btw, you see Usyk-Chisora?

Don’t recall your verdict-assessment..

Id take that than nothing

The rounds where close but Usyk won more rounds comfortably,

I think he struggles big time with the big boys, He just didn't have the power do gain respect or time for himself

Surely he will just get bombed out of there,

Id love to see him v AJ just to see how USYK would even approach it

Yes I’d agree he should be better than the German guy and I suppose if fury fought and beat him that puts and to that hype train for good probably , Eddie can go back to positioning Dave Allen for a ppv :D

That’s savage but true. At least Allen is likeable and realistic. He knows his limitations and speaks the truth. If he wasn’t likeable I’d call him a can but he is so there’s a pass. I was at the Price fight and was rooting for Price (another false dawn) but it was hard watching.

Id take that than nothing

The rounds where close but Usyk won more rounds comfortably,

I think he struggles big time with the big boys, He just didn't have the power do gain respect or time for himself

Surely he will just get bombed out of there,

Id love to see him v AJ just to see how USYK would even approach it

Close enough. Chisora got more shots off while fouling so it’s difficult to count that.

I’m sure that Usyk will be able to do that little sidestep and hit from the blindside at least once on any of them (even though he rarely tried it in the early rounds with Chisora) so it’ll be interesting to see if he will really commit. I can’t see him keeping aj off him enough to get a points decision. It would be very interesting to see his game plan unfold. I personally think it will or would unravel more so.

• Advertisement

That’s savage but true. At least Allen is likeable and realistic. He knows his limitations and speaks the truth. If he wasn’t likeable I’d call him a can but he is so there’s a pass. I was at the Price fight and was rooting for Price (another false dawn) but it was hard watching.

Agree with all that it’s hard not to like papi de la pay per view :)

Price fight was rough

Close enough. Chisora got more shots off while fouling so it’s difficult to count that.

I’m sure that Usyk will be able to do that little sidestep and hit from the blindside at least once on any of them (even though he rarely tried it in the early rounds with Chisora) so it’ll be interesting to see if he will really commit. I can’t see him keeping aj off him enough to get a points decision. It would be very interesting to see his game plan unfold. I personally think it will or would unravel more so.

Usyk looked like he had Chisora in big trouble in round 7 but for some reason he just took the foot of the gas,

Usyk is a very clever man as crazy as it sounds it would not surprise me if held something back In that fight,

Two ways
    1 : to look at it He knew by 7 he had the win and seemed to just cruise through the rest and didn't give much away

2 : That was Usyk at his best and he doesn't have a second gear,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Whyte v Derek 3

I have no interest in seeing that. Whyte has a chance to settle the dispute about the time he sparred Fury He is fond of saying "he is the can have it man" so let us see him step up

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Whyte has done little to deserve a shot at the titles and I don't think Fury be offering him a lifeline any time soon.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Whyte has done little to deserve a shot at the titles and I don't think Fury be offering him a lifeline any time soon.

Who does deserve the shot though?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

US2 wrote: »
    Who does deserve the shot though?

Nobody, we need unification.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Usyk looked like he had Chisora in big trouble in round 7 but for some reason he just took the foot of the gas,

Usyk is a very clever man as crazy as it sounds it would not surprise me if held something back In that fight,

Two ways
    1 : to look at it He knew by 7 he had the win and seemed to just cruise through the rest and didn't give much away

2 : That was Usyk at his best and he doesn't have a second gear,

Yea I was surprised to see the fight still on two rounds later. I’ve no doubt about his intelligence at all. I’ve been rubbishing his abilities against the biggest and best hws especially aj but it’s Tod o with his lack of size and power against them, not boxing ability.

Yea I was surprised to see the fight still on two rounds later. I’ve no doubt about his intelligence at all. I’ve been rubbishing his abilities against the biggest and best hws especially aj but it’s Tod o with his lack of size and power against them, not boxing ability.

Your right though if you don't have power to get respect at heavyweight then you need size to be able to stifle,

Unfortunately Usyk has neither, the top dogs are too big too powerful and are also quick

Just mission impossible for him

The battle here with those who think Usyk is a real threat to say, AJ, against those who think AJ is a very clear favorite is about two things..

Pro Usyk placing too much emphasis on his feet and movement

Pro AJ placing too much emphasis on his size and power...

I am the pro AJ, and happen to think he wins points or KO

Keeps Usyk in his box and on defense most the night..

Usyk gets brave and fights and commits? He gets hit real heavily and does not take it.

• Advertisement

The battle here with those who think Usyk is a real threat to say, AJ, against those who think AJ is a very clear favorite is about two things..

Pro Usyk placing too much emphasis on his feet and movement

Pro AJ placing too much emphasis on his size and power...

I am the pro AJ, and happen to think he wins points or KO

Keeps Usyk in his box and on defense most the night..

Usyk gets brave and fights and commits? He gets hit real heavily and does not take it.

Usyk took enough from chisora to convince me that AJ would knock him out, i personally wouldnt see it going longer than 6/7 rounds.

Advertisement