Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone buying the AJ card

28 euro Box Office....

Undercard is muck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

walshb wrote: »
    Anyone buying the AJ card

28 euro Box Office....

Undercard is muck!!!

I won't be buying it but if there's nothing going on in the house and the kids and missus are in bed early i'll hook up the fire stick and give it watch,

If not it'll be up early Sunday and watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ill be watching. Big banana skin for AJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

AJ 20/1 round 1 anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The Nal wrote: »
    Ill be watching. Big banana skin for AJ.

Really I think Pulev is tailor made for a early AJ KO,
    He's to stiff and slow and doesn't punch hard enough,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Really I think Pulev is tailor made for a early AJ KO,
    He's to stiff and slow and doesn't punch hard enough,

Oh me too but I see everyone as a banana skin for AJ now!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ebbsy wrote: »
    AJ 20/1 round 1 anyone ?

not a bad shout id say he is annoyed with all the praise Fury is getting and will want to make a big statement here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Will be interesting to see Joshua's approach and whether he fights aggressive or not. The Joshua that fought Povetkin would KO Pulev early imo. Whether the demons are still there from the first Ruiz fight which stops him from taking risks remains to be seen.

28 euro during a pandemic is a total disgrace btw. I'll be watching but not a chance I'm paying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

€28? Jesus, not a hope. Cant really see the point in having a Sky Sports subscription if you are a boxing fan.

Really taking a dislike to Hearn recently. I think initially when he took over from his father he took British Boxing up off its knees but of late I think its people like him that have the sport in the state it is.
    Also his comments on Daniel Dubois were pretty disgusting.

I have decided to not pay..

The undercard is crap..

So, you’re paying 28 euro to watch AJ against an over the hill old man..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

AJ 20/1 round 1 anyone ?

Great odds but I can see AJ being cautious first few rounds while he feels Pulev out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Butson wrote: »
    €28? Jesus, not a hope. Cant really see the point in having a Sky Sports subscription if you are a boxing fan.

Really taking a dislike to Hearn recently. I think initially when he took over from his father he took British Boxing up off its knees but of late I think its people like him that have the sport in the state it is.
    Also his comments on Daniel Dubois were pretty disgusting.

Can you get Sky Sports Box Office if you're not subscribed to Sky Sports? No chance of ever watching any half decent British fighter without Box Office.
    Lomenchenko vs Lopez was on Sky Sports.

AJ 20/1 round 1 anyone ?

Vlad should have had him out in round 1 and the old joshua at least is a much more aggressive finisher,

i could be wrong but i cant see a whole lot in pulevs back catalogue that gives him much of a chance here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Nearly €30 for this...how can you justify that is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

how do you watch this if you're on Eir does anyone know? Or is it even possible? I'm a dinosaur with this PPV stuff.
    Anyway yes will prob be a walkover but you never know with AJ, he might not be as dominant as you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I think pulev will suit AJ. Seems to stand right in front of his opponent with no head movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Joshua talks some absolute ****e.

Like a man who is employing a life coach to boost his confidence or something.

Enjoy watching him because he's vulnerable. Pulev is basic as hell but he's game enough. And Joshua is beatable.

If AJ starts fast and aggressive this could be done in one!!!

Pulev is old, hittable, slow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I'm thinking of backing Pulev tonight. I thought it was incredible how fragile AJ looked against Ruiz, and how scared of getting hit he looked in the second fight. Then I listened to a podcast with Karl Froch making the same points as I just made, and now I'm not so sure!

11/2 I think is a good value bet. Any takers?

I'm thinking of backing Pulev tonight. I thought it was incredible how fragile AJ looked against Ruiz, and how scared of getting hit he looked in the second fight. Then I listened to a podcast with Karl Froch making the same points as I just made, and now I'm not so sure!

11/2 I think is a good value bet. Any takers?

I have a feeling Pulev will be simply too slow and ponderous to nail AJ with speedy/sharp shots..

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    I have a feeling Pulev will be simply too slow and ponderous to nail AJ with speedy/sharp shots..

Yeah I don’t see pulev as the type to trouble Joshua

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Klitch wobbled him and he was past it at that point
    Parker would have got the better of him only for the ref stepping in constantly
    Eddie is protecting his cash cow as much as he can, maybe a mandatory will catch him out but at this age old I’m not holding out much hope of pulev doing it
    At 11/2 it’s worth a small bet just for interest

Anyone fancy wach to take out fake fury ?

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »

I couldn't get over how small Fury looked next to him. They are all monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Klitch wobbled him and he was past it at that point
    Parker would have got the better of him only for the ref stepping in constantly
    Eddie is protecting his cash cow as much as he can, maybe a mandatory will catch him out but at this age old I’m not holding out much hope of pulev doing it
    At 11/2 it’s worth a small bet just for interest

Wach shot to bits. Struggling to see an avenue for him to win tbh. He's not outboxing Fury and I think Fury has a decent chin so can't see him getting stopped. Only hope would be for Fury to get cut which has happened before tbf but couldn't talk myself into backing against him.

Fury didn’t look in great shape when I saw the weigh in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Think pulev can do it, we all know Joshua's chin is dodgy.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Think pulev can do it, we all know Joshua's chin is dodgy.

I lost the run of myself and put 50 on him, to win a possible 300

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

There’s a decent pay out if Pulev does win but I think he has a snowball’s chance in hell. He might look ok, durable and pig ignorant enough to hang on in there but I’m expecting Joshua KO in round 4.

I’m watching bakole and the dazn commentators talk absolute nonsense, it’s like they forgot about this fight and started talking about Dillian whyte being over weight last year

• Advertisement

I lost the run of myself and put 50 on him, to win a possible 300

Good luck

Advertisement