Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

walshb wrote: »
    That’s because they are all complicit. Macklin heavily involved for years, yet Sky seem to have no issue.

They focused on Macklin at the start but I think he's just not high enough profile at this stage. McGuigan fairly putting himself out there. Jaysus Frampton now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

ASOT wrote: »
    Barry Mcguigans like a jealous ex girlfriend

He may be, but he's right all the same.

I'm assuming that was josh Taylor he spoke about that got the call. He lost in court and still has to pay Barry his full management wack for remainder of what was on their Contract

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Larsso30 wrote: »
    He may be, but he's right all the same.

I'm assuming that was josh Taylor he spoke about that got the call. He lost in court and still has to pay Barry his full management wack for remainder of what was on their Contract

I don't think it was Josh Taylor

Taylor went with Top Rank. Taylor and the McGuigans split was a little hostile, but not that bad. Few words here and there.....the whole if you want loyalty buy a dog was mentioned by Shane McGuigan

I have the name on the fighter tip of my tongue, but can't get it....

Actually, Taylor is on MTKs books...

Must have been him, so. I thought him first.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

I don't think it was Josh Taylor

Taylor went with Top Rank. Taylor and the McGuigans split was a little hostile, but not that bad. Few words here and there.....the whole if you want loyalty buy a dog was mentioned by Shane McGuigan

I have the name on the fighter tip of my tongue, but can't get it....

Actually, Taylor is on MTKs books...

Must have been him, so. I thought him first.

Think it was Taylor. Frampton hung around a few days before signing for them, Taylor just upped and left 😂

Taylor shown himself to be an awful muppet with some of his talk on twitter too, money can't buy class evidently.

Always surprised Frampton went that route, thought he had more about him

ASOT wrote: »
    Barry Mcguigans like a jealous ex girlfriend

I suppose he's p1ssed off as trying to compete with alleged drug money etc isn't overly feasible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Think it was Taylor. Frampton hung around a few days before signing for them, Taylor just upped and left ��

Taylor, Frampton, Cameron, McGregor, Cummings all left him and joined MTK. Could be any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I seen that video the weekend of Fury jumping in to the sea,
    He has put on some amount of weight you'd have to be worried about him with the AJ fight not that far away

I seen that video the weekend of Fury jumping in to the sea,
    He has put on some amount of weight you'd have to be worried about him with the AJ fight not that far away

Yes, folks were querying that.

He never "looks" in shape anyway, Weird flabby type physique.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Only a bit of surface flab. A stone or two. He could drop that in a couple of weeks in camp. Looks like we may get an announcement in the next couple of weeks.

I know he is no greek god but up to December he was posting work outs and pics and he was in far better shape ,

Looks like he had a proper blown out, They could have they said right enjoy yourself because once Feb hits your back on it ,Who knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Yes, folks were querying that.

He never "looks" in shape anyway, Weird flabby type physique.

agree with this, and given he lost 10-11 stone at one stage he will never be toned, i reckon he is at most 2 stone over weight there.

Cyrus wrote: »
    agree with this, and given he lost 10-11 stone at one stage he will never be toned, i reckon he is at most 2 stone over weight there.

Yes

And it is more out of camp weight.....or 'casual' in camp eight

He is a big big man, who obviously likes a birra grub.....won't be the first, or the last fighter to put on a few lbs between fights

You can bet that come fight time v AJ he will have put the effort in...

He will need to....he needs to be have sharp and fast reflexes.....his key to victory for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Yes

And it is more out of camp weight.....or 'casual' in camp eight

He is a big big man, who obviously likes a birra grub.....won't be the first, or the last fighter to put on a few lbs between fights

You can bet that come fight time v AJ he will have put the effort in...

He will need to....he needs to be have sharp and fast reflexes.....his key to victory for me.

Would you guys not reckon that even for a giant HW 2 stone overweight is too much? I suppose it takes less out of them boys because they don’t have to make weight. I saw all those workout videos as well but I suppose they were only a few mins and for general public rather than elite athlete.

He absolutely needs to be in top shape for the AJ fight. I think there’s a correlation between mental weakness and ill-discipline. He doesn’t live the life. Not convinced that he really wants it. I’m still tipping aj to win, as much as I dont want him to.

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Would you guys not reckon that even for a giant HW 2 stone overweight is too much? I suppose it takes less out of them boys because they don’t have to make weight. I saw all those workout videos as well but I suppose they were only a few mins and for general public rather than elite athlete.

He absolutely needs to be in top shape for the AJ fight. I think there’s a correlation between mental weakness and ill-discipline. He doesn’t live the life. Not convinced that he really wants it. I’m still tipping aj to win, as much as I dont want him to.

Fury for sure isn’t disciplined like Joshua is but if looking like a Greek god was key to being hw champ frank bruno would have been undisputed.

He will be ready whenever they fight I’m sure of that.

Be a great fight .

Well, as you said...they are HWs..

So, what is overweight? Fury has a window, as do all HWs..

He has weighed between a window of 245 and 273 lbs..

I’d consider him 2 stones overweight now if he was high 290s..

Well I’m not saying he should look shredded like a Greek god but being in and around fighting weight has to be a better way to be for a HW who always carries a bit of padding. He looked very flabby in that photo. Not like a sportsman at all. He’s got loads of time obviously but yo-yoing like that can’t be good.

It’s hard to quantify just how overweight he is but he’s well out of shape. I guess there’s not much point in drawing too many big conclusions until at least the fight is announced.

Well I’m not saying he should look shredded like a Greek god but being in and around fighting weight has to be a better way to be for a HW who always carries a bit of padding. He looked very flabby in that photo. Not like a sportsman at all. He’s got loads of time obviously but yo-yoing like that can’t be good.

It’s hard to quantify just how overweight he is but he’s well out of shape. I guess there’s not much point in drawing too many big conclusions until at least the fight is announced.

Yeh yeh

Nothing that a birra wild boar meat won’t fix!!!

Yeh yeh

Nothing that a birra wild boar meat won’t fix!!!

He should get AJs nutritionist in ....

Good man yourself!

The two boys will turn up to that fight well jolloped

Agreed.

At least he’d be doing it both properly and legally!

• Advertisement

Agreed.

At least he’d be doing it both properly and legally!

I doubt them all to be honest
    Remember Lance Armstrong never tested positive,
    The ones i worry most about are the guys never out of shape at heavy weight Wlad, AJ so on

AJ most likely prefers staying in shape as it's easier or suits him to, rather than going on any sort of a deficit to burn off flab. He likely carries an extra bit but is careful to not show it also from time to time.

Fury takes the foot off the gas training wise more than AJ also I would think, Ricky Hatton (obviously not a HW) was a disgrace at times when not in a camp.

AJ has been "out of shape" plenty........when out of training camp. It's just his makeup

Always been very bulky...

I doubt them all to be honest

Well, sure what's the point then......if they are suspect, what is the issue,....

Leave them be...

Even the clean ones, are possibly dirty, because we are suspicious:confused:......

Life always will have those who break rules and those who don't.....it applies everywhere.

Plenty sports people across all sports doing it clean and fairly and within the rules...

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Well, sure what's the point then......if they are suspect, what is the issue,....

Leave them be...

Even the clean ones, are possibly dirty, because we are suspicious:confused:......

Life always will have those who break rules and those who don't.....it applies everywhere.

Plenty sports people across all sports doing it clean and fairly and within the rules...

I think if there's money on the line you're shooting yourself in the foot not taking every advantage you can because everyone else probably is. Even Tyson Fury got caught once, from what I've seen the testers are always a step behind so every effort to stamp out PED use always falls short.

I think if there's money on the line you're shooting yourself in the foot not taking every advantage you can because everyone else probably is. Even Tyson Fury got caught once, from what I've seen the testers are always a step behind so every effort to stamp out PED use always falls short.

Of course money is tempting..

All depends on the person and their talent levels as well..

Plenty people doing it clean and fair and making heaps of money, as well as being elite and up near the top, if not at the top...

Talent and skills and hard work can still see clean athletes be the best......

Look at Roger Federer....One example....

There are many more.....

Usain Bolt and Floyd Mayweather......theses lads are the best because they are the best...end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Plenty people doing it clean and fair and making heaps of money, as well as being elite and up near the top, if not at the top...

There are many more.....

Usain Bolt and Floyd Mayweather......theses lads are the best because they are the best...end of.

But how does anyone know the above 3 are clean?

I have no issue with PEDs and if everyone was or wasn't on something those guys would still be at the top but all 3 have question marks around them regarding this and again, so much money on the line they know how to avoid any dated testing procedures. But anyways, I'll say no more and not divert the thread anymore on this topic

There are many more.....

“When people ask me about Bolt, I say he could be the greatest athlete of all time. But for someone to run 10.03 one year and 9.69 the next, if you don’t question that in a sport that has the reputation it has right now, you’re a fool. Period.” Carl Lewis

And carl lewis would know :P

Top 40 times for 100m, anyone caught doping has a line through them (disclaimer Maurice Greene was never caught during his career, but was listed in a Federal Investigation into doping as someone who used PEDs along with a bank statement where he paid $10k to someone who supplied drugs to athletes.)

https://miro.medium.com/max/508/1*7xcoGuK__MXuinvdINlzSA.png

Full article here

https://medium.com/@tomnew/usain-bolt-lance-armstrong-and-the-duck-test-303b7b891e7e

But how does anyone know the above 3 are clean?

I have no issue with PEDs and if everyone was or wasn't on something those guys would still be at the top but all 3 have question marks around them regarding this and again, so much money on the line they know how to avoid any dated testing procedures. But anyways, I'll say no more and not divert the thread anymore on this topic

Nobody can know anything for certain....I get this...

But this nonsense of trying to say they are ALL on drugs is just utter scutter...as well as plain weird

Some people don't cheat........why is this so difficult for people to accept..

Some people who don't cheat are also the best at what they do......

Folks seem to have this weird belief that you can't be the best unless you cheat........horsesh1t..

Relating to Fury and his PED use: I have a feeling that he never interned to do what he did to cheat, or gain an advantage.....I think he just got caught out...I can't know for certain. I juts think there may be no real intent/deception; of course, I could be wrong.

A lot of these things are never clear cut....

I mean, Ben Johnson: Yes, 100 percent cheated and used serious PEDs to do so......and those PEDs enables him to improve by almost .5 of a second....huge gains...

But that is not to say that someone else could not improve by considerable gains down to hard work, talent and maturity.....

It is a very complex and nuanced area....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Nobody can know anything for certain....I get this...

But this nonsense of trying to say they are ALL on drugs is just utter scutter...as well as plain weird

Some people don't cheat........why is this so difficult for people to accept..

Some people who don't cheat are also the best at what they do......

Folks seem to have this weird belief that you can't be the best unless you cheat........horsesh1t..

Relating to Fury and his PED use: I have a feeling that he never interned to do what he did to cheat, or gain an advantage.....I think he just got caught out...I can't know for certain. I juts think there may be no real intent/deception; of course, I could be wrong.

A lot of these things are never clear cut....

I mean, Ben Johnson: Yes, 100 percent cheated and used serious PEDs to do so......and those PEDs enables him to improve by almost .5 of a second....huge gains...

But that is not to say that someone else could not improve by considerable gains down to hard work, talent and maturity.....

It is a very complex and nuanced area....

You hardly believe fury’s excuse of eating uncastrated boar? I’d imagine nearly everybody in boxing is on peds, it’s just a case of who’s best at hiding it. Look at AJ walking into the ring looking like Schwarzenegger.

I’m sure there’s plenty of honest fighters out there too that don’t touch the stuff and got where they are by shear hard work.

Advertisement