Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You hardly believe fury’s excuse of eating uncastrated boar? .

The Fury one is an odd one...

Not sure why he would cheat and take PEDs.....just comes across as not that type...

Nandrolone levels exceeded the allowable limit...

I just wonder did he deliberately ingest PEDs to gain some physical advantage...

Not every person who is found to have failed dope tests intentionally and deliberately set out to cheat.

Of course, it is the responsibility of the person to make sure they don't fail, but some do because of genuine mistakes, as opposed to deliberate and intentional ingestion/cheating.

It is such a gray and nuanced and convoluted area....Not all failed tests/persons are Ben Johnson's and Lance Armstrong's

The Sharapova case is one I firmly believe that she did not ever set out to gain an illegal advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

You hardly believe fury’s excuse of eating uncastrated boar? I’d imagine nearly everybody in boxing is on peds, it’s just a case of who’s best at hiding it. Look at AJ walking into the ring looking like Schwarzenegger.

I’m sure there’s plenty of honest fighters out there too that don’t touch the stuff and got where they are by shear hard work.

I think in something like boxing or MMA, if you're up against a guy who's on something and you're not, it's within your own interests to be on something for your own protection almost.

Again though, I have no problem with PED's, the concept that say for example, Anthony Joshua or Tyson Fury took steroids and isn't working hard is false. Any top level athlete, on PED's or not has to work incredibly hard, PED's help you to where you have to go but you still have to work hard and be genetically gifted or else you'll eventually hit a stumbling block you can't get past. I could take the exact same stuff Ben Johnson took and I wouldn't get to anywhere near his 100 Metre time, PED's no doubt help but you have to have supreme genetics and be willing to work hard to be an elite athlete.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I think in something like boxing or MMA, if you're up against a guy who's on something and you're not, it's within your own interests to be on something for your own protection almost.

Again though, I have no problem with PED's, the concept that say for example, Anthony Joshua or Tyson Fury took steroids and isn't working hard is false. Any top level athlete, on PED's or not has to work incredibly hard, PED's help you to where you have to go but you still have to work hard and be genetically gifted or else you'll eventually hit a stumbling block you can't get past. I could take the exact same stuff Ben Johnson took and I wouldn't get to anywhere near his 100 Metre time, PED's no doubt help but you have to have supreme genetics and be willing to work hard to be an elite athlete.

Way to state the obvious buddy I don’t think I ever suggested you can get to the top without working hard only an idiot would actually believe that

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

Way to state the obvious buddy I don’t think I ever suggested you can get to the top without working hard only an idiot would actually believe that

Calm down

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone who thinks you cant cheat check out Derek on more plates more dates youtube channel

I know corny name but the guy is a professional chemist who is into body building, People send him request on athletes on what he thinks they could be on and how they are passing tests

The guys on the ball, not sure if hes done many boxers but he done loads of UFC guys like Jon Jones and Poula Costa, He is very informative and extremely knowledgeable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

walshb wrote: »
    The Sharapova case is one I firmly believe that she did not ever set out to gain an illegal advantage.

Neither was Mo Farah....are you insane. She was taking a drug for 10 years that is metabolic modulator. Cop yourself on please. She was playing on the very limits

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Neither was Mo Farah....are you insane. She was taking a drug for 10 years that is metabolic modulator. Cop yourself on please. She was playing on the very limits

Calm down!

Calm down!

Do you stand by it?

The Fury one is a very odd one as it was at a time when he was very much not in a great place and probably not training hard enough to take full advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Do you stand by it?

The Fury one is a very odd one as it was at a time when he was very much not in a great place and probably not training hard enough to take full advantage

I'm near certain Fury tested for having Nandrolone in his system between Feb and March 2015. Around about the time he fought Hammer and was in arguably the shape of his life.

Do you stand by it?

Yes....

She was using the substance for years legally.....

• Advertisement

Yes....

She was using the substance for years legally.....

But not in the spirit of the rules. Delighted the cheat got caught. Because if she was willing break spirit before then she would be willing to take other stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Whyte Povetkin postponed to march 27th, on in Gibraltar now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

ASOT wrote: »
    Whyte Povetkin postponed to march 27th, on in Gibraltar now

FFS again

I wonder will crowds be allowed at that? Was there a reason given?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

squinn2912 wrote: »
    FFS again

I don't think there will be, I'm only up the road so if they are I will attend but pubs etc are still closed here for the next week to two. Don't see things picking up in time for crowds.

Eddie said covid travel restrictions was the issue.

FFS again

Portugal was red listed and thats where Whyte is in training Camp, So he would have had to pack up ASAP and fly back to England do quaritine and set up and new camp

He didn't want to do that, so new venue means he can keep training and just arrive a few days out like originally planned

Portugal was red listed and thats where Whyte is in training Camp, So he would have had to pack up ASAP and fly back to England do quaritine and set up and new camp

He didn't want to do that, so new venue means he can keep training and just arrive a few days out like originally planned

Ah that’s fair enough. Roll on the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Jaysus, Joshua talks some awful ****e when given a microphone it's almost cringworthy, he's a walking cliche.

"If Fury wants it, he knows where to find the boss", shut up and get the fight signed FFS.

His media coaching is very apparent, inspirational quote followed by reminder he was born to fight. Rinse and repeat.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Jaysus, Joshua talks some awful ****e when given a microphone it's almost cringworthy, he's a walking cliche.

"If Fury wants it, he knows where to find the boss", shut up and get the fight signed FFS.

His media coaching is very apparent, inspirational quote followed by reminder he was born to fight. Rinse and repeat.

I think this sums up why I hate him so much

He avoided Wilder for how many years while they were both champs....I think it was longest in history

AJ is a commodity. Scripted and versed in how to behave. Love it or loathe it...

I don't care too much either way.

Fury is a waffler. Can be entertaining at times, no doubt....both as likable or unlikable as the other for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Who thinks AJ Fury will actually happen in the summer and where do you predict it to be?

• Advertisement

ACAguy wrote: »
    Who thinks AJ Fury will actually happen in the summer and where do you predict it to be?

Not as confident as I was a month ago,
    Fury is starting to put out little feelers that he might take another fight first, He starting to think AJ and Hearn are delaying it till late summer and he knows the further it goes back the worse for him as he hasn't fought in so long

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Can't see it happening in UK I know they are opening up from June 22 but can't see them going from no fans to filling wembley, Can't see it being in New york due to AJ loss being there.

Not as confident as I was a month ago,
    Fury is starting to put out little feelers that he might take another fight first, He starting to think AJ and Hearn are delaying it till late summer and he knows the further it goes back the worse for him as he hasn't fought in so long

Hasn’t fought in so long shouldn’t be an issue for either man

Both so called best HWs on earth..

AJ one fight few months ago. Other than this his last fight was end 2019

Fury a year out now.

Just fooking fight!!

As much as I wanna see them fight each other I wanna see them both fight I’m starting to not care that much. These lads at the height of their powers should be fit to fight twice a year than every 18 months plus the panto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Hearn is a greedy f*cker, he's the reason it's taking so long.

Fury will usually fight whoever, it's prob cost him money over the years to give off the impression he's a "fighting man".

Don't doubt AJ would fight him either, rather it's Hearn being as cagey as f*ck as I don't think there's any way he can get his usual options on an opponent should they beat his cash cow AJ.

He will look for the lions share of the purse for AJ and we'll hear the usual garbage that his man is the a-side of the fight blah blah. The hearns will only do business when the money is right, they know it's make or break.

I don't think they fancy their own man in this one so they will need to be creative in the rematch/future purse split deals given match room won't get any options on Fury should he win as getting money out of Top Rank is like getting blood from a stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hear wants fans at the fight, that's the reason he's delaying. He's hoping to hold it off until announcements are made about crowds being allowed back at fights and then he'll come out and say that they'll wait for fans to be allowed attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Was watching the Joseph Parker Vs Junior Fa .. awful fight...worse scoring is all I'll say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Was watching the Joseph Parker Vs Junior Fa .. awful fight...worse scoring is all I'll say

Yes, terrible fight but 119-109 for Parker was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

As much as I wanna see them fight each other I wanna see them both fight I’m starting to not care that much. These lads at the height of their powers should be fit to fight twice a year than every 18 months plus the panto

Agreed, over it now.
    Hearn will do what's best for his bank balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Jesus Andy Ruiz is after getting in some shape.

Advertisement