Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Must be a welterweight now so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Not a chance that’s real. He had similar pictures out before his AJ rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Not a chance that’s real. He had similar pictures out before his AJ rematch.

The last picture is actually a photoshopped picture of AJ i kid u not, They lightened the skin amd put that tats on

It was for an umder armor add, Just scroll down on that Twitter link and ull see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Saw that about Ruiz. The girls on social media gave him tips on hiding the belly with angles anyhow. Ridiculous. I’d say the second picture isn’t even genuine either. He let himself down a bagful and insulted the fans.

How did you guys see the Parker fight? I was looking at sky sports updates just. They dressed it up into a decent fight but they reckoned Fa might have edged it, especially early on. He got a rob on Hughie, I think there was a lot of dispute with the aforementioned Ruiz fight and if this was another poor call then that’s quite a few favourable close calls. I liked him enough but since the aj fight he’s stunk. The talk is that he’s now ‘earned’ a fight with Chisora. Holy good God a younger former world champion earning a fight with mr cement feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Is there anything concrete in the story I read the other day that Fury and Joshua have agreed terms?#

Fights a goer according to Bob Arum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

They seemed to have ironed out a lot

But still a venue and date to be signed here....

Let's hope it happens in the summer at the latest

I reckon that they’re ready to announce but won’t until they are fairly sure of the details. Could wait until they can pack a stadium. If it rolls on that long I wonder will one or both take warm up fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,369 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

squinn2912 wrote:
    I reckon that they’re ready to announce but won’t until they are fairly sure of the details. Could wait until they can pack a stadium. If it rolls on that long I wonder will one or both take warm up fights.
    They'll wait until the fans are back in the arena, that's all that's holding it up.

• Advertisement

Fury on ****e talking/boasting about drinking 10-12 pints a day now, and that the fight is far from finalized...

No doubt the owl mental health will be acting up in no time...

And of course, you’ll have the usual Fury nuthuggers blaming everyone else for the fight not happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

Fury wants to fight in Vegas for sure, dragging it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

walshb wrote: »
    No doubt the owl mental health will be acting up in no time...

Nice.

Fury always struck me as someone who would fight anyone anywhere, so i doubt its him thats the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Cyrus wrote: »
    Nice.

Fury always struck me as someone who would fight anyone anywhere, so i doubt its him thats the issue.

As long as he's the A side or it's a 50/50 split since his Wlad win.

Deliberately priced himself out of a Joshua fight in 2018.

It was a smart move in some respects and has worked out perfectly for him.

But if he stuck to his fight any man anywhere shtick he might have caught Joshua believing his own hype like Ruiz did.

Nice.

Not him..

But the 10-12 pints a gargle...

As long as he's the A side or it's a 50/50 split since his Wlad win.

Deliberately priced himself out of a Joshua fight in 2018.

It was a smart move in some respects and has worked out perfectly for him.

But if he stuck to his fight any man anywhere shtick he might have caught Joshua believing his own hype like Ruiz did.

So since he has been unified world champion he wants to be a side or 50/50 split ? Seems reasonable to me.

Not him..

But the 10-12 pints a gargle...

If he is being serious

If he is serious that’s a bad sign .

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

If he is being serious

If he is serious that’s a bad sign .

As pessimistic as this sounds, I always got the vibe he would relapse to living his old way once he retires or if he had another extended break. He didn't seem to totally change his ways based on what I've seen after his comeback and boxing just seems like a distraction from his problems for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

So since he has been unified world champion he wants to be a side or 50/50 split ? Seems reasonable to me.

No it wasn't really reasonable when he was out of action for near 3 years, fat and had served some sort of a ped ban. Hence he ended up settling for less money initially than he would have got being the B side vs Joshua in 2018.

However the first wilder fight being a draw and then the convincing win for fight 2 has made a great difference to the money aspect of things.

He's the A side now or as good as and fair play to him for it. He's murked the big bad Wilder which was great to see.

I think you can easily read between the lines

AJ and Hearn want later summer for fan to be there but in England,

Fury doesnt want to wait the hes been out of the ring a year and the longer he is out of the ring the better of AJ

Also hes comments about never wanting to fight in England are telling why say that, now
    I think the fight was supposed to be May in the Middle East but Hearn and AJ now see are pushing it back for a full Wembley end of summer

Fury doesn't want to cave to demands

• Advertisement

I was always afraid that there would be a relapse and it would ruin the fight if it ever happened. All this lockdown and idle time some folk can’t cope with it. If there’s truth in it then the best to hope for is that he takes the huge payday and that’ll be him. Joshua ko and then he will retire. Joshua is free then to clean up by picking opponents like Usyk or Whyte and then sliding on himself. Losing faith in it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Also hes comments about never wanting to fight in England are telling why say that, now
    I think the fight was supposed to be May in the Middle East but Hearn and AJ now see are pushing it back for a full Wembley end of summer

Fury doesn't want to cave to demands

If it goes to the Middle East they won't be able to hide Kinihan's involvement, well not very well anyway, and his involvement could be a problem for Sky or BT.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    If it goes to the Middle East they won't be able to hide Kinihan's involvement, well not very well anyway, and his involvement could be a problem for Sky or BT.

Canelo fight v Saunders not being covered by Sky..

Talks about why, and of course, Kinihan and Saunders connection in the mix

DAZN have it, but Sky usually would get the likes this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Canelo fight v Saunders not being covered by Sky..

Talks about why, and of course, Kinihan and Saunders connection in the mix

DAZN have it, but Sky usually would get the likes this as well.
    Sky haven't shown any Matchroom USA shows since DAZN has launched in the UK to be fair. Matchroom USA exclusive to DAZN as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Frank Warren not a happy camper..

Can’t say I blame him. Hearn trying to grab the glory

https://punditarena.com/boxing/darraghmurphy/frank-warren-tyson-fury-anthony-joshua/?amp

Frank Warren not a happy camper..

Can’t say I blame him. Hearn trying to grab the glory

https://punditarena.com/boxing/darraghmurphy/frank-warren-tyson-fury-anthony-joshua/?amp

Hearn has said it wasn't an announcement , just that ye the fighters have signed but there still lots of things to be ironed out before the fight actually takes place,
    He also said he told Fury camp he would mentioned it and they said grand,

Hearn and Fury have both said the fight will NOT be in England

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Hearn has said it wasn't an announcement , just that ye the fighters have signed but there still lots of things to be ironed out before the fight actually takes place,
    He also said he told Fury camp he would mentioned it and they said grand,

Hearn and Fury have both said the fight will NOT be in England

Hearn knew what he was out the attention seeking bugger.

Himself and Warren will be gas in the run up to this fight, the passive aggressive barbs will probably be more entertaining than the fight itself.

Warren is Furys manager is that correct? Curious to know his exact role, Bob Arum seems to be Furys promoter so what exactly is the need for Warren to take a cut also? Is he standing in for Kinahan?

• Advertisement

Interesting to read the views. Hate pricks who sit on the fence, though. I am with Haye and Bellew.

Either way, probably best to go the opposite of my take. Fury has duped me too much

55/45 AJ for me.

https://www.givemesport.com/1661441-tyson-mayweather-klitschko-boxing-stars-predict-fury-vs-joshua

Advertisement