Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

eagle eye wrote: »
    And much faster in every way.

Remains to be seen personally
    I thought he was awful in Ruiz 2 considering Ruiz made an absolute pig of himself , possible the worst shape iv ever seen a champion fight in ,

Pulev he was decent but lets be fair Pulev is levels below the top guys and is 39

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

AJ last few fights he came in at 240 or below ,

Yes, he did.

But he has the frame and potential to be 245-255

And has been that type weight for fights..

I wasn’t expecting a quote on weigh in weights for specific fights..

He’s been below 240 and above 250..

He is a big unit.

My point was that he is clearly bigger in overall frame than Wilder, and that his extra weight/size may well see him not being physically bullied and manoeuvred like Wilder was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Similar to my thinking; what worked so well against wilder won’t with aj so tactics will need to be developed. I think Fury will try to maintain distance and make a long night out of it. That’s risky because aj will come into him. Fury will need to be A1 on counter and throw the jab with authority. I think aj is very vulnerable to the big overhand right so that could be a route for aj

What do you guys think of Chisora vs Parker will you get it? I don’t think it’s anywhere near box office.

I saw a video of Lucas Browne the other day. Battered in 2 mins by a rugby player. What a can

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

squinn2912 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of Chisora vs Parker will you get it? I don’t think it’s anywhere near box office.

I saw a video of Lucas Browne the other day. Battered in 2 mins by a rugby player. What a can

It's the worst pay per view in years. Will do low numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Australia gets absolutely ripped off when it comes to PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

New Lennox Lewis doc on Sky is worth a watch

The Nal wrote: »
    New Lennox Lewis doc in Sky is worth a watch

Must check that out. God I couldn’t stand him!

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Must check that out. God I couldn’t stand him!

Me neither. Jumped out of the chair with joy when he got clocked by Rahman. Can't deny hes one of the best ever though. Beat them all and avenged both of his defeats.

Me neither. Jumped out of the chair with joy when he got clocked by Rahman. Can't deny hes one of the best ever though. Beat them all and avenged both of his defeats.

Agreed.
    A brilliant jab the foundation of it all.

• Advertisement

Lewis and Bowe circa 1993 the biggest fight in history that never got made....

Had all the makings of a fantasist match up....

I keep changing my prediction...life on the line.....Lewis KO.

Bowe was special at his best, but I don't think he had the type power/shot(s) to KO Lewis like the shots that McCall and Rahman had...

Bowe had a good chin, but not good enough if Lewis gets to land flush, and I think he does.

walshb wrote: »
    Lewis and Bowe circa 1993 the biggest fight in history that never got made....

Had all the makings of a fantasist match up....

I keep changing my prediction...life on the line.....Lewis KO.

Bowe was special at his best, but I don't think he had the type power/shot(s) to KO Lewis like the shots that McCall and Rahman had...

Bowe had a good chin, but not good enough if Lewis gets to land flush, and I think he does.

Depends which Bowe would've showed up. Good Bowe or fat Bowe. Real shame they never fought when professional. Bowes competitive career ended lying on the mat holding his nuts.

Depends which Bowe would've showed up. Good Bowe or fat Bowe. Real shame they never fought when professional. Bowes competitive career ended lying on the mat holding his nuts.

Fantsay fights for me are only ever best v best

So, best Bowe, circa 1992 vs. best Lewis, circa 1995 or so...

Fantsay fights for me are only ever best v best

So, best Bowe, circa 1992 vs. best Lewis, circa 1995 or so...

KO either way so and 50/50 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Butson wrote: »
    It's the worst pay per view in years. Will do low numbers

I doubt it'll set any records, but don't underestimate the popularity of Derek Chisora !

KO either way so and 50/50 for me.

I think earlier Bowe and later Lewis is the clearest I can call it. Very close contest but I think Bowe is far too hittable and a Lewis wins via KO. Also I’m not sure Bowe really fancied it at any time. Lewis was up for that fight

Big Ears wrote: »
    I doubt it'll set any records, but don't underestimate the popularity of Derek Chisora !

Its free for me and I am not sure I will watch

gypsy79 wrote: »

Its free for me and I am not sure I will watch

Says it all

Chisora for me can be bad for your health...

Says it all

Yup. I think he’s so bad and that Parker will be at his own horrible worst in terms of entertainment. It’s an awful match up. Parker will wrestle his way to a points decision if Del Boy has the stamina for the whole fight. A young former champion going after a springboard fight against Chisora... Christ Above how has it come to this? If it were free and it had a good few well made guys in the warm up at CW and HW say then maybe I’d tune in but to demand £20 for that is an insult to sky subscribers.

Hearn has even seemed haft hearted promoting this - he's going from trying to flog this dead horse to Canelo in front of 70,000 the following weekend.

• Advertisement

Says it all

But I since went and looked up the card. Yes I will be watching. Very disingenuous to call it just Chisora vs Parker

Light heavy world belt on line
    Katie Taylor putting all her belts on line
    Chris Eurbank Jr returning
    James Tennyson is always fun too

So it is a stacked undercard

Butson wrote: »
    Hearn has even seemed haft hearted promoting this - he's going from trying to flog this dead horse to Canelo in front of 70,000 the following weekend.

Yea very quiet like. How do you sell it even though. Winner takes all isn’t very relevant here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

But I since went and looked up the card. Yes I will be watching. Very disingenuous to call it just Chisora vs Parker

The problem with the undercard is that all the fights are very one-sided, 1 star fighter against a horribly outmatched opponent..

Chisora vs Parker is the lowest on quality but probably the only competitive fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'm interested enough to see what training with Andy Lee has done to Parker, so I'll be watching anyway

Yes but are the holders of those belts in any real danger of losing them?

ASOT wrote: »
    I'm interested enough to see what training with Andy Lee has done to Parker, so I'll be watching anyway

Parker will be his usual muck self. Chisora even muckier!

It is absolutely not a stacked undercard..

Only Taylor-Jonas interests me, and more to do with Ireland V England, rematch..

Rest fights are absolute nothing fights!

I see haye coming out now saying Usyk’s team had Chisora winning the fight! Utter horse****

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Two very limited lads in this one,
    If Chisora is up for it I think he wins it ,

I actually think Katie Taylor will lose ,

• Advertisement

Two very limited lads in this one,
    If Chisora is up for it I think he wins it ,

I actually think Katie Taylor will lose ,

Katie lose?

Hmm....you have me thinking now.....

I think her speed of hand and feet should see her win, as well as two minute rounds not being all that advantageous to Jonas, in allowing her to land and hurt and possibly stop Katie....

Anyway, I see Arum is saying that this AJ-Fury fight won't happen this year...

Advertisement