Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

walshb wrote: »
    Hats will be off to you, Morrison if you call this right...

I just have a feeling that Usyk will be the one stinking the joint out trying to peck and poke his way to a points win..

AJ should get in some heavy shots to end it

35 lbs heavier and naturally more like 50 lbs heavier. This is telling in my view.

And if it is a pure points boxing match, I expect AJ to win as well. Usyk more boxing to survive!

We'll see I'm not picking Usyk just yet I just have an issue with those saying it's just a matter of Joshua blasting Usyk out whenever he wants. It's nearer to a 50/50 fight all things being equal imo. Joshua getting the benefit of a close fight on the cards seems a very likely scenario though.

The flow of the fight being a cagey, nervy one I'm confident in though for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Arbuckle

Morrison J wrote: »
    We'll see I'm not picking Usyk just yet I just have an issue with those saying it's just a matter of Joshua blasting Usyk out whenever he wants. It's nearer to a 50/50 fight all things being equal imo. Joshua getting the benefit of a close fight on the cards seems a very likely scenario though.

The flow of the fight being a cagey, nervy one I'm confident in though for sure.

Usyk alot better then people giving him credit. Quick on his feet and hits big too. I think he'd beat AJ by outpointing him

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Arbuckle wrote: »
    Usyk alot better then people giving him credit. Quick on his feet and hits big too. I think he'd beat AJ by outpointing him

People are not withholding credit to Usyk

At HW, to date, he hasn’t shown me much to make me think he beats AJ..

I’d lean 75/25 AJ here..too big and heavy handed..

People are not withholding credit to Usyk

At HW, to date, he hasn’t shown me much to make me think he beats AJ..

How can you be so one sided in a fight with brute force against a tactician. Usky still feeling about he will put AJ in a position where he isn't comfortable having to chase someone who is hurting you. When someone is hurting you In a ring and they gas from throwing too many is a gift. Being hurt by someone who is Boxing behind a closed guard and your not tanked up

Arbuckle wrote: »
    How can you be so one sided in a fight with brute force against a tactician. Usky still feeling about he will put AJ in a position where he isn't comfortable having to chase someone who is hurting you. When someone is hurting you In a ring and they gas from throwing too many is a gift. Being hurt by someone who is Boxing behind a closed guard and your not tanked up

AJ is not just brute force..

He can box and punch..

And he’s a big man..and he will use his physical advantages to box and punch...

• Advertisement

AJ is not just brute force..

He can box and punch..

And he’s a big man..and he will use his physical advantages to box and punch...

I think he has much substance to him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

10 days for Hearn to strike a deal anyway.

https://twitter.com/pugboxing/status/1396178354177335300?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Agree with this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Usyk didn’t put a single dent in Chisora and all this famous angle stuff was hard to pick out too. I think 75/25 if anything is generous to Usyk. Tony bellew was finished for that fight and the power hurt him when he was exhausted. And they were the same weight. I don’t think that’ll measure up against the big men. I’d love to be wrong

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Usyk didn’t put a single dent in Chisora and all this famous angle stuff was hard to pick out too. I think 75/25 if anything is generous to Usyk. Tony bellew was finished for that fight and the power hurt him when he was exhausted. And they were the same weight. I don’t think that’ll measure up against the big men. I’d love to be wrong

Pretty much all I was thinking..

Bellew and Usyk fought at 200 lbs...

Bellew was very tired and simply was there to be hit flush at the end..

Of course, a good clean shot to a man’s head can take him out. I just don’t see that with Usyk v AJ..

Usyk doesn’t even really throw shots with that type force and venom. He’s so much more a cumulative punching type fighter...

The Chisora fight was for me a nothing really. Usyk looked all over the shop trying to beat a plodding has-been...

Now, AJ is not Chisora. I know this, but AJ will be surely able to put in a far better offensive showing than that washerwoman. I see Usyk in big trouble once AJ starts landing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

I think Usyk could be very tricky for AJ.
    What other pure boxers has he fought? Yes he has the size and the power, but he could be worked around the ring by Usyk.
    Still fancy AJ but I think it's a very tough night for him against a technically excellant boxer (if I'm correct is around the same size as Holyfield was going from Cruiser up to HW).

Butson wrote: »
    What other pure boxers has he fought? Yes he has the size and the power, but he could be worked around the ring by Usyk.
    Still fancy AJ but I think it's a very tough night for him against a technically excellant boxer (if I'm correct is around the same size as Holyfield was going from Cruiser up to HW).

Similar size to Evander..

Not near the fighter at HW that the great Evander was..

Look, he could create issues with his movement, but he has to actually engage and throw punches to win. Can he do this and avoid heavy leather for 12 rds? Very unlikely when the opponent is bigger, taller, heavier, longer..

He will have to be in AJs range in order to hit AJ. I can’t see him surviving when AJ connects clean. 245 lbs vs 210 lbs...and 245 lbs that has power and accuracy and spite..

Butson wrote: »

I suspect he’s no Holyfield and won’t prove nearly as durable. He wasn’t able to work Chisora around the ring. I see nothing but a painful ko or he might be fit to just survive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Sky showed Fury signing the Wilder fight contract this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Sky showed Fury signing the Wilder fight contract this morning

Yeah he was at the josh Taylor fight and confirmed it
    Wonder will wilder get injured in training

The internet isn’t for everyone

July 25 I think I saw? Ah well I’m buzzin for these two fights as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I don't that Fury/AJ fight was ever agreed.

ebbsy wrote: »
    I don't that Fury/AJ fight was ever agreed.

Course it wasn’t they were both at it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

loada bollox... boxing embarrassing themselves again with this sort of carry on...

• Advertisement

loada bollox... boxing embarrassing themselves again with this sort of carry on...

Long past this stage now!!

They’re politicians

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Joshua Fury fight be in Tottenham Stadium or Old Trafford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

YFlyer wrote: »

Which name did you not mean to put in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Which name did you not mean to put in there?

Tyson and AJ both in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think Wilder beats Fury
    Iv no idea how & I know it doesn't make sense but there just no way Fury v AJ happens now for undisputed ,
    The boxing gods just won't allow it ,

So it means Fury will lose its his turn ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

YFlyer wrote: »

If it happens who knows.

See if Fury gets past wilder first. Odds are he will but always a chance something goes wrong.

Does AJ have a mandatory he is going to do know. I remember Usek was being discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

I think Wilder beats Fury
    Iv no idea how & I know it doesn't make sense but there just no way Fury v AJ happens now for undisputed ,
    The boxing gods just won't allow it ,

So it means Fury will lose its his turn ,

It would be the just classic boxing for Wilder to connect with Fury once, and lights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

hard to see what Wilder can do differently in the next fight, he was so comprehensively owned in the last one.
    He can go looking for that one big punch, but after what happened last time he's likely to be even warier which makes it less likely, and he's not exactly going to win on points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

loyatemu wrote: »
    hard to see what Wilder can do differently in the next fight, he was so comprehensively owned in the last one.
    He can go looking for that one big punch, but after what happened last time he's likely to be even warier which makes it less likely, and he's not exactly going to win on points.

that is a new factor alright before youd assume he had no respect for furys power, he will now.

Advertisement